Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

definition of spirit

Started by Ell, September 09, 2007, 03:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ell

Quote from: Butterfly on September 14, 2007, 05:33:29 AM
Of course there are even deeper levels

yes, i have the sense that there is a much deeper level of consciousness that is independent of my moods, whether pleasurable or dark, and i feel that it is so enlightened, if you will, that it goes well beyond good and bad, is never perturbed by anything, judges nothing i do, and never struggles with any of the things i struggle with day to day. i feel that perhaps i could follow it, but it seems to be thousands of years old or older, and i feel like i still want to play and experience life on a more sensuous level. but then, maybe i'm just being an idiot. maybe i should follow it. would you?  ???
  •  

tinkerbell

The energy and essence that drives the body of existence I live in and allows me to communicate with God, angels,  demons, and other ethereal entities.

tink :icon_chick:
  •  

Ell

Quote from: Jeannette on September 15, 2007, 10:56:07 PM
I think the problem is that too many people define it personally. That is why the Bible was written, to define terms as God wants them defined.

spirituality has existed for many eons; long before your particular brand of spirituality emerged. the terms you are using are young upstarts on the stage here, not the end-all be-all, as you suppose. if people choose to practice a form of spirituality that is older than yours, or newer than yours, they should have the spiritual and religious freedom to do so.
  •  

cindybc

As I mentioned in a previous post, all that is, is spirit. And spirit makes up the multiverses ad infinitum. This would make spirit which is the essence of everything as old as at least this universe.

North American Natives hundreds of years ago understood or were fervent believers in spirit. They believed that there were many spiritual levels where their ancestors went to after they left this world, and that Mother Earth and the elements, fire, water, air, and earth as well as the animals and of course their brothers and sisters were all part of spirit.

Cindy

•