Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

OMG shoes!

Started by awilliams1701, July 22, 2014, 06:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awilliams1701

Its strange I've never understood why girls need so many shoes, but I'm actually starting to get interested in them. I guess if I needed any more proof in being a girl, this would be it.

I had a bit of a rough day today. I can't really explain it, but shortly after I got home, I got my first pair of shoes delivered. Problem is they are high wedge sandels and I'm not quite sure how to walk in them. I do like them though. Against I used to think women's shoes were pretty stupid. I don't think it was until I painted my toe nails that I started to understand. I still don't know why I felt the need to paint my toe or fingernails though.
Ashley
  •  

awilliams1701

OK I could really use help on walking. Do I walk heal to toe or toe to heal?

These are wedges not high heels, but they might as well be high heals.
Ashley
  •  

valerie anne

Don't start with really high heels, 2" or 3" is plenty.

Walk on the ball of your foot to start with, minimizing the pressure on your heels. Be very careful on stairs, don't let your heels catch on the treads, again use the balls of your feet. Wear your heels in bed to get the feel of them.

Sit down and wobble about on your heels, it's fun and so sexy!

Start with full support heels. Avoid sling backs and peep toes.

Any heel which looks sexy will hurt, you have heard of "killer heels"?
  •  

awilliams1701

I don't think they are as tall as I thought they are. I think they are medium height. They aren't the little tiny narrow heel though. Its a full sized wedge. It just feels strange since I've never worn a shoe that wasn't completely flat.
Ashley
  •  

Blue Senpai

For a second, I thought this thread would be about:

Anyways, what you'll want to do is walk slow with short heels to start off with.
When you're walking, you'll have to walk with the front of your feet and try to swivel your hips a bit.

Think of a catwalk. ;D
  •  

awilliams1701

The thread is a combination of I got my first pair of women's shoes and the excitement of that, but the realization of I don't know how to walk in them.

I don't think they are more than 2 or 3 inches BTW.
Ashley
  •  

Feather

How's it going so far?

I got my pair delivered last week. Also medium height heels I think. When I'm alone at home I wear them as much as possible and during the first full day I got the hang of it quickly. I don't know how but the less you think about it the easier it goes. I must admit.. I never thought it would be pleasurable to wear them but it is absolutely fantastic. Even natural. You have to get used to it  ;)
  •  

awilliams1701

I've got 2 pairs now. The first I have trouble with the straps grinding the back of my foot and rubbing it it raw. The second pair is just a touch too small. Super comfortable to walk in, but because of the size it hurts my toes after wearing them too long. Both are probably a medium heal. I'm doing pretty well with walking in them now. The only problem is dealing with the pain from the issues I mentioned.
Ashley
  •  

valerie anne

I have found that "mary jane" shoes are the best type of heels to start with.

The buckle across the top of the foot gives lots of support.

Avoid very high heels, peep toes & sling backs until you are used to wearing high heels.

Wear stockings, tights or knee-highs with your new heels: bare feet get chafed more!

All heels fit better with bright red nail polish.   
  •  

awilliams1701

Fit seems to be more of a problem than heals now. I can walk without issues in both now. I can't say a higher heal would be the same way, but finding a pair that actually fit is the real problem. I'm around a 12 or 13 and probably at least a double wide. I think my 2nd pair would work if it was wider than double wide. Or is the top part around the toes was made of a longer material. Basically my feet are too thick.
Ashley
  •  

Dierdre Lenore

My feet arent quite as big as yours, but I do find some at www.torrid.com, they carry wide widths.
Good Luck!
Pansy
Work it in to work it out!

•  

Athena

From what I understand if you wear 3 pairs of socks (fairly thick socks I would think) and use a hair blower on your shoes for about 10 min. It was a life hack that I found so if it actually works or not I have no idea (I have no privacy to try it out myself)
Formally known as White Rabbit
  •  

Kaydee

Quote from: Pansy on July 28, 2014, 04:34:23 PM
My feet arent quite as big as yours, but I do find some at www.torrid.com, they carry wide widths.
Good Luck!
Pansy

Pansy,
  Thanks for the tip.  Another place to look for shoes for my BIG feet!
Aimee

•  

Dani Davis

Quote from: awilliams1701 on July 22, 2014, 06:25:59 PM
OK I could really use help on walking. Do I walk heal to toe or toe to heal?

These are wedges not high heels, but they might as well be high heals.
You've probably received a lot of good answers here but I thought I would relate my experience.  Before my last purge years ago, I had collected a number of pairs of really nice shoes, from flats to stilettos.  My gg taught me long ago to walk toe to heel, with most of the forward weight toward the front of the foot.  That instruction (and a little practice) served me quite well.  It's been a few years since I was last in heels, but I feel fully confidant that when I do get new ones, I will take back to it like a duck to water.

Putting the weight and emphasis on the front of the foot seem to give me much more control over balance and direction.

I'm looking forward to getting new ones and many of them!
There are few limits - just unexplored options.
Mariette Pathy Allen
Author of Transformations
  •  

Dani Davis

Quote from: Pansy on July 28, 2014, 04:34:23 PM
Good Luck!
Pansy
Thanks for the link, Pansy.  That's a fun one to browse!
There are few limits - just unexplored options.
Mariette Pathy Allen
Author of Transformations
  •  

Jessica Merriman

If you walk heel to toe in stilettos especially on a wet surface it is called a "self correcting" problem! You will crash faster than you ever thought possible. ;D
  •  

Jess42

Quote from: Jessica Merriman on July 29, 2014, 08:06:42 PM
If you walk heel to toe in stilettos especially on a wet surface it is called a "self correcting" problem! You will crash faster than you ever thought possible. ;D

Ain't that the truth. You just have to be a lot more gracefull in your walking. Also if you walk heel to toe in stilettos you take a chance of braeking the heels not to mention twisting an ankle.

Wedges were probably the best choice to make until you get used to higher heels.
  •  

Dierdre Lenore

Work it in to work it out!

•  

Sttefanne Camp

Girls shoes is something that... at the same time brings glamor and difficulties... something I learned is that we have more options than we think ...

I believe that the model and the material they are made may be some additional parameters to help us...

Particularly  ;D, I love satin, type this:

And not always need to be too high to demonstrate good taste and glamor:

About the models, in addition to scarpins (as I said), like a lot of "Mary Jane", but these are not easy to find:

Their advantage is the strip (which can be in the region of the feet, the ankle), demonstrating a class and a nostalgic air... benefits for those who can not use very high heels  :D...

Paige Bryant

Quote from: Neospector on July 22, 2014, 08:04:16 PM
For a second, I thought this thread would be about:

Anyways, what you'll want to do is walk slow with short heels to start off with.
When you're walking, you'll have to walk with the front of your feet and try to swivel your hips a bit.

Think of a catwalk. ;D

Haha, that is so awesome because that video is immediately what I thought of as well when I saw the topic. I do love a nice pair of heels though.
  •