Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

How did you pick your new name?

Started by QuestioningEverything, August 21, 2014, 05:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Translady

I always use my real name because it's the easiest choice and I like it however I do sometimes occassionally use personal nicknames just for informal reasons like what most people tend to do with their mates and others that are near.
  •  

Susan Baum

When I came out to my future bride she absolutely detested the name I had been using and dubbed me Susan, a name I had never even considered. It fit like a glove... When we chose Frances as a middle name, my mother Fran was pleased to no end.

Susan
Aging is inevitable - growing up is optional.
  •  

emma-f

When I was very young, maybe 6 or 7. I remember my mother telling me that had I been born a girl I'd have been Emma Louise.

So when I transitioned I chose it, in part as my birthright, and in part to honour my mother.

Of course, when I told my mother the name to honour her, she told me that can't recall ever saying that, and that she didn't think it was going to be Emma.  Course, by that time the name had stuck, and my mother liked it anyway, so I stuck with it

Em x
  •  

keloic098

I wanted mine to connect back to my heritage (Slavic) and start with an A so I googled names and ended up with Anja!
  •  

SiobhánF

Quote from: keloic098 on May 31, 2018, 12:17:02 AM
I wanted mine to connect back to my heritage (Slavic) and start with an A so I googled names and ended up with Anja!

I'm the same, except that mine is Irish: Bridget Siobhán
Be your own master, not the slave to illusion;
The lord of your own life, not the servant to falsities;
Only then will you realize your true potential and shake off the burdens of your fears and doubts.

•