News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Tattoo Design

Started by OtherWorldJJ, November 09, 2007, 07:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OtherWorldJJ

Hey guys, gals and all between,

I'm looking for someone to design me a tattoo and was hoping someone here would like to have a piece of their art forever imprinted into my lower back :P

What I am looking for is a dragon or gargoyle, with wings either open, semi open or folded, pictured as if its crawling up my lower back (the tattoo will start just above my coxix and got up about 5 inches or so). I'd like it in black, preferably with some shading and well detailed with an emphasis on movement so that it really looks like its crawling up.

If needed I will take and post a photo of my lower back to show where it will be.

Please post your designs on your pages and link me to it under this

Thanks so much in advance if you choose to have a go. I've wanted this for ages but never found a tattooist with the right design and cant draw very well myself without taking days if not weeks to complete.

JJ x

Posted on: November 06, 2007, 02:10:31 PM
ok, so a friend of mine designed one :D

This is just the superimposed inked outline drawing, but it gives you an idea :) The final piece will be shaded to appear as if its pretty real and stand out from the back and where the claws are digging in, there will be red flesh, but the rest will be greyscale.

http://mahkato.deviantart.com/art/New-Lower-Back-Tat-69417550

Please tell me what you think :D
  •  

Steph

I've been getting tattoo's for many many years and from experience I've found that finding a reputable, experienced tattoo artist, one who is familiar with the type of tattoo you want is the first step.  Then set up a consultation with them and discuss what you have in mind; what your ideas are; then present them with a sketch of what you would like.  They will probably charge you for a custom drawing if it's your first visit, but I have found that custom tattoo work produced by the artist is often the best route to follow.

All my tattoos are custom art work produced by the artist who tattooed them and I can say that I'm very pleased.  Just as a side note, I've put in for a spot on the TV show L.A. Ink and I've sent them pictures of the current tattoos that I have and my idea of what I would like to get done on the show.  Hopefully they will call me back.

Steph
  •  

OtherWorldJJ

Sounds fun what you're doing there :D good luck with that :)

I've found a great tattooist and pretty much got my design sorted now, have had a tattoo before years ago, but not my own design so this should be fun :D

I've not drawn properly in at least ten years, so tell me what you think (naturally the tattooist will shade it to look lifelike and perhaps edit some bits):

•  

Steph

It looks very cool.  From a previous picture I'm assuming that it will be on your lower back and it would look even cooler if the tattooist emphasized the claws digging into and holding onto the flesh :)

Steph

•  

OtherWorldJJ

yeah, on the lower back and the flesh will be the only place with color :D I thought greyscale with 1 primary would suit me best
  •  

Steph

I love greyscale and with one primary colour added for effect I think that it's going to look wonderful.

Steph
  •  

OtherWorldJJ

x

Posted on: November 10, 2007, 06:58:08 PM
Here's the pretty much final edit in correct scale I think:

Posted on: November 11, 2007, 12:08:52 AM
This is teh size the tattooist thinks will look best:

Posted on: November 12, 2007, 02:10:04 PM
ok, here is teh tattoo after first sitting, wings are done and outlining, body yet to be shaded and claw marks to be reddened etc yet:

http://mahkato.deviantart.com/art/Tat-1-70310881

http://mahkato.deviantart.com/art/Tat-2-70311002

http://mahkato.deviantart.com/art/Tat-3-70311103
  •  

ssindysmith

Very cool tat, I might also add you have a very feminine shape I'm so jealous
  •  

OtherWorldJJ

Quote from: Cindy Smith on November 21, 2007, 09:37:39 AM
Very cool tat, I might also add you have a very feminine shape I'm so jealous

Thanks hun :D

Lolz, this shape just comes from not eating enough, nothing to be jealous about honestly xxx
  •  

ssindysmith

No matter what I do these dang love handles just love me, and that is what takes away from my girly figure :)
  •  

OtherWorldJJ

Quote from: Cindy Smith on November 21, 2007, 09:51:33 AM
No matter what I do these dang love handles just love me, and that is what takes away from my girly figure :)

Doh :(

I'm constantly trying to put weight on, but then I hit starve mode when I have no money and Whoomph, its gone in a second
  •  

sarah.s

jj, i live those types of wings! heres a pic of mine, i hope to get them finished soon and then extended down my back
  •  

jessi73

I'm not looking for a tatoo right now.  Soon though.  I have two that I got when I was drunk in the Army and I really need to get them feminized first.  Wish I would have known then that I would actually act on my feelings.  Don't think I would have gotten the ones that I did.

Deffinatly find a rep. tatoo artist for yours.  May cost a little more but you will be happier with the outcome.

JESSI
  •