Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Misses versus Juniors

Started by Renate, December 20, 2007, 07:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What sizing series do you wear?

Mostly Misses
Mostly Juniors
Both Misses and Juniors
Mostly Womens
Mostly Mens
None of the above

Cortana

Quote from: Keira on January 14, 2008, 01:03:55 AM

Sizes mean nothing these days, you've got to try them.
I'm wearing a size 5 right now and its not even
thight and I'm sure I've got size 7 jeans which are tight!!
So, that would mean that my size is 4-7! Makes little sense hey!

Though, was surprised I now fit in small coats!! All of them no
matter who makes them in many stores!
So, I'm now a US size 6-8 in tops! I'm like the amazing shrinking gal :-).
Lol, that happens to me all the time. My mom lent me her pants which are ones and she told me that they were really big on her (which I can beleive) but when I tried them on they fit me which I thought was impossible but when I checked they were ones and they did fit, I was sooo happy. :D
  •  

Schala

Quote from: Keira on December 21, 2007, 12:46:14 AM
You could wear size 5 Audrey?
Size 5 have 26 inch waist and 36 inch hips, no males I've ever known has both,
though a few 0.5% have the 26 inch waist.

Be carefull not to gain to much weight in the middle, because
past a certain point too much middle fat
prevents estrogen from putting fat in the right
place  (metabolic syndrome). Fat then all goes
to the middle and your Waist to hip ratio gets shot
(like it does for all overweight women); large hips with
large waist.

With HRT I went from 39 inch hips, 31 inch waist (size 10-11) to
37 inch hips, 26.6 inch waist, 5-7.

QuoteSize 5 have 26 inch waist and 36 inch hips, no males I've ever known has both,
though a few 0.5% have the 26 inch waist.

I had about 26 inch waist pre-HRT (bit smaller I guess), at almost 24. But definitely not 36 inch hips.

My body is really not shaped to give me large hips (or shoulders).

Shoulder width: 16
Hips: 31.5 (change to 32ish)
Waist: 25.5 or so (changed to 25.0ish)
Bust: 31.5 (changed to 32ish)
Ribcage: 28.5~29 (similar)
Height: 5'6" (same)

I used to 'float' in men's 28 pants and small t-shirts were also pretty big.

According to my measurements, I fit better a size 12 girl (waist-wise - si panties), a size 16 girl length-wise (so pants). A size 1 or 3 (depends on maker) Junior pants. A size 0-2 or 24-26 inch Miss and whatever 24-26 is considered to be?

0-1-2-3 24-25-26 is rather equivalent to XS if measured that way. The problem is determining if its measured by hips (whereas XS might be a bit big), or by waist (whereas XS will be just right/tight).

At least shoes aren't that bad, though it's funny how I used to wear size 9 or 10 men's, and now wear size 8½ or 9 women's - while my feet didn't shrink, I now shop for my 'real' feet size (and finally know what size that is).

I wish I could gain bust and hips a bit. I'm one of those skinny stick teenagers-look-alike. So is my cousin though (and she's 22). Some have judged me to be as young as 14 due to it.
  •  

barbie

25.5 inch waist?
It has always been challenging to me (6 feet hgt).
To keep it, I have to run nearly everyday in summer.
In winter, it easily increases to 28 inch. Sigh...

Nevertheless, lady size 6 high-rise pants are always comfortable to me. For short pants, junior size 3, and for low-rise, size 4 is fine. Size-4 skirts were nice.

Barbie~~

Just do it.
  •  

Sarah

Quote from: LynnER on December 20, 2007, 08:31:12 PM
Mainly I wear juniors...  Im Overly skinny and overly tall <but not that bad> and they dont sell womens clothes here that would fit <most clothes sold made for short fat people... only teenagers are skinny sticks>...  Sides, most womens pants and stuff like that have too high of a waist ICK!!
Where on earth do you live Lynn?
Alabama?

Sara
  •  

kristin318

I also wear mostly juniors. I am pretty skinny and tall. I hover around size 4-7. I also look really young. It gets annoying when I get carded at the mall for being under 16 when I am 24.
  •  

Kimberly Kilpatrick

I am fat :(  I wear a size 13 at the moment. But I recently started my diet. I weigh ? pounds , I am working for at least 140 to 145,
  •