News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Getting contacts out while having fingernails

Started by Autumn, June 08, 2007, 02:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn

So...

This is difficult. Last time I wore contacts (soft lenses), I didn't have lengthy nails. I'm having quite a bit of difficulty removing them now that I do have nails. I know there have to be lots of women who wear contacts without having tiny close nails... so what's the trick?  :embarrassed:
  •  

Keira

I've tried everything, but always so afraid of slashing my eye open.
I was able to do it once or twice using one finger (not two).
My sister, who has medium length nails and she just press on it, pushes it down until it bends enough to lose suction on the eye and pops right off delicately being picked up the finger's end. It takes practice I suppose but she does it very quick. Me, like I said, I'm so afraid that I can't really do it.

So, I just chopped off all my fingernails to a few mm.
  •  

Holly31

I have used a Q-tip dipped in saline solution. Work the contact towards the inside of your eye (Very Gently) Don't try it with the Q-tip dry it hurts!!!!!! Works for me everytime. Now getting them back in is another question.
  •  

Ms.Behavin

I'm startig to find that using a bit of the fingers further down the hand from the nail helps too.  YEs I worry about gashing my eye out.  But I'm not cutting my nails.

Beni
  •  

Nero

Place the contact on the tip of your finger (the part you roll when getting fingerprinted) and place it directly in the eye. Be especially careful when getting contacts out of their case with long fingernails.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Keira

Of course you curvature changed, but you started HRTages a go Tink!
Couldn't you get your eyes rechecked?

Anyway, in my case, because of my severe astigmatism, contacts proved to be
unsisfactory; in astimatism the corrective glasse's orientation is very important
and they kept turning no matter how much they weighted the toric lens.

This was very dangerous as my vision could give out at any time and everything become blurry.

I've worn glasses since I've been 6 and its glasses for me till the cows come home, or I get my eyes lasered.

•  

Autumn

It reminds me of when I first started contacts. At the end of the day, roll the dice to see if you panic and have to go digging in your eye. It's getting easier. Today I used the side of my thumb and the middle of my index finger while looking so that I kept the contact easily in between them while squeezing and it worked pretty well, even if it's more difficult than using the tips.

I've only gone outside wearing glasses once in the last 2 weeks. Feels good to show my face without a glaring extra layer of male on it.
  •  

Keira

If you have the proper glasses (cute small brightly colored ones for example), glasses are actually quite feminizing and they take away the eye from somewhere on your face you don't want people to focus on.

•  

Autumn

Unfortunately, dropping $300-500 on a pair of female glasses isn't very feasible right now  :-\
  •  

saraswatidevi

I bought a small device to help with this problem. It is made of soft rubber and it fits in a finger. It has a small extension that holds the lens. I bought it at the ophthmologist. This helps with the getting it in.

Getting it out requires a lot of synthetic tears to loosen it and then using the side of the finger to slide it out.
  •