Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Any Runners?

Started by mellynn88, January 04, 2015, 09:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mellynn88

I've been running for the last several years and love it!  I've done a few races including two half marathons and am currently training for a full in March.  Anyone else enjoy running as well?
  •  

ErinReign

I love running, usually trail running solo. I am not much of a racer though, mostly due to avoiding pavement at all costs, but I would love to go for a marathon once.
  •  

barbie

Yes. I started running in 2003, and I run about 5-10 km at least twice per week.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

rosinstraya

I've done a bit of running over the years. I did ramp it up a fair deal when trying to cope with depression. I managed to run half a dozen marathons over several years as well as a fair number of halfs, and the world famous(!) City2Surf in Sydney another load of times.

Since confronting the main cause of my depression (any guesses?!!!) I've not had the anger and agitation that used to drive me out of the house and would drive me to do the long distances. I still run fairly often, but I don't get much beyond 4 or 5 km currently. I would like to do a bit more......primarily to do something about the stomach pre HRT and all the rest of it. I may be leaving that a bit late, however.

I would love to be one of those fit women running gracefully along. Well, we can hope.....!  :)
[table][tr][td]

[/td][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]
  •  

Robyn37

I've wanted to try an ultramarathon for a while, but I have been travelling so much that it has been difficult and many of the ultras I have found fill up before I can register. I will keep trying, maybe this summer. I do enjoy getting some trail time though, it is beautiful here in San Diego right now!
Being transgender does not give anyone a free pass or a hand out... we just want a fair shake and an opportunity as any AMERICAN and that is the freedom and LIBERTY that I fought for and defended.
                                                                   Kristen Beck, US Navy SEAL(ret)
  •  

synesthetic

I don't run that much, but when I do I really love it. I'm planning on starting to run more often, though, so before you know it I'll be the fittest guy in the world ;D haha no but seriously, I do need to run more.
  •  

skin

I ran in high school and college, then kept it up recreationally for a while.  However, it's been not as enjoyable for me since starting HRT.  It's like my body remembers the pace it used to go and wants to do that even though it doesn't have testosterone anymore.   
"Choosing to be true to one's self — despite challenges that may come with the journey — is an integral part of realizing not just one's own potential, but of realizing the true nature of our collective human spirit. This spirit is what makes us who we are, and by following that spirit as it manifests outwardly, and inwardly, you are benefiting us all." -Andrew WK
  •  

jessical

Quote from: skin on January 25, 2015, 11:32:46 PM
I ran in high school and college, then kept it up recreationally for a while.  However, it's been not as enjoyable for me since starting HRT.  It's like my body remembers the pace it used to go and wants to do that even though it doesn't have testosterone anymore.   

After awhile you adjust, and it feels normal again, but in the beginning especially with hills it can be quite a shock.

I run three times a week for about 45 minutes.  I switched to natural running (but with normal-ish runners (sneakers)), to project my knees.  I love it and it is a great bonding experience with my Dog :)  She is my protector, especially at night and it makes me feel safe when I run.
  •