Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Spouse is a Cub Scout Den leader

Started by Corvid1692, September 06, 2014, 08:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvid1692

I'm in the process of getting medical treatment, hopefully HRT, for being transgender. My wife is a cub scout den leader for my sons wolf den. We're really worried that if I go through with the medically necessary treatment, that she'll be fired as a den leader, just from being married to me. Anyone know what we can do to hopefully avoid this, without me giving up treatment? Her staying as a den leader is very important to us.

Thanks
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: Corvid1692 on September 06, 2014, 08:34:27 AM
I'm in the process of getting medical treatment, hopefully HRT, for being transgender. My wife is a cub scout den leader for my sons wolf den. We're really worried that if I go through with the medically necessary treatment, that she'll be fired as a den leader, just from being married to me. Anyone know what we can do to hopefully avoid this, without me giving up treatment? Her staying as a den leader is very important to us.

Thanks

I would take no action. If they have a problem with your wife, make them come to you.

There is a hornet's nest here. The last thing the Cub Scouts want to do is stir up controversy. They're sick of the controversy over their homophobic policies already. They can't understand why people just won't let them exclude gay people in peace. Their taste for pushing this particular issue may be very limited.

So my advice, make them be the ones to poke this particular hornet's nest. You may find it never happens.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Corvid1692

I have reason to believe that many of the individuals in our pack are tolerant, so I'm not worried about being shunned or anything, but worried that their hands would be tied on this. But yeah, I like the idea of making them take the first move.
  •