Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Fortune Cookies

Started by Kellam, February 26, 2015, 08:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kellam

So, I love Chinese food, the real thing and the stuff they make just for the western pallet. But the best part is the fortune cookie, not just for the stale vanila flavor. The best one I ever got said "someone can read your mind". Got that one while eating alone in a restaurant, very creapy. I tend to save the fortunes for a while too, carying them around in my wallet for months or even years. I enjoy the harmless positivity.

This past January I got a couple that suggested that there was a big change coming. I only get Chinese once or twice a month, it would be unhealthy to do otherwise, no offense meant. My next greasy meal was in February and my fortune read "a golden egg of opportunity falls in your lap this month" . I know it's a case of seeing what I want amongst all the random chaos of life. But wow, what a powerful motivator. It helped me reach self acceptance.

That slightly superstitious slash spiritual person in me took it all as a sign that it realy is my time to be free... The logical sceptic killjoy in me was so happy moving in the same direction that she didn't try and laugh it off.

Anybody else get occasional advice/inspiration from fortune cookies?
https://atranswomanstale.wordpress.com This is my blog A Trans Woman's Tale -Chris Jen Kellam-Scott

"You must always be yourself, no matter what the price. It is the highest form of morality."   -Candy Darling

•  

Sunderland

I've actually never eaten Chinese food. I'm not the type to go to restaurants for my meals. But someday I'm going to go to a Chinese place at least once, just for the fortune cookie, lol. I always wanted to get one of those and see what it said.
  •  

Devlyn

•