Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Sweat Resistant Makeup?

Started by Lonicera, July 19, 2014, 07:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonicera

*blushes a little* This is a tad embarrassing but one of my medications has a chance of causing quite a lot of excessive sweating and I'm one of the lucky people that have the side-effect. Unfortunately, this means my body seems to massively overreact with potent sweating whenever I do something as simple as walk a little bit quickly; blow-dry and style my hair; have a slightly hot shower; or even when the temperature rises even a teeny tiny amount above the average for this area of England.

I'm hoping to change to a medication without this side-effect soon but the frequent level of face sweating is proving a wee bit inconvenient for makeup, particularly my foundation and eye-shadow. I try to blot to control the shine resulting from this and frequently try to reapply but it doesn't do much to help.

Just in case I'm stuck with these pills, may I ask if anyone else deals with this, knows any tips for limiting the damage, adapting to it, or products that are more resistant without being likely to be too thick (I like to keep looks as 'natural' as possible)?

I'm relatively inexperienced with the details of makeup beyond things learned from Youtube channels over the years and personal usage.  I apologise if there's a really obvious makeup solution that I should know about that would help.

Finally, thank you for taking the time to click the topic, for reading this, and for any response people can offer. It's deeply appreciated.
"In the middle of the journey of our life, I came to myself in a dark wood, where the straight way was lost. It is a hard thing to speak of, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood was, so that thinking of it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death: but, in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there." - Dante Alighieri
  •  

androgynouspainter26

Generally, if you want something that has a natural finish, good coverage, and durability, you need a more expensive foundation.  I personally love Bobbi Brown liquid foundation; it has a fairly matte finish, and I can lay it on fairly thickly and it always looks very natural.  It's also very expensive, but it does last a while and good makeup is an investment.  All of the upper-tier brands have fairly good waterproof eyeliners. I'd recommend Nars, sephora, MAC, make up forever, Clinique and YSL.

Also, I'd consider a setting powder you can use throughout the day-it's amazing what a few highlights can do for your face!
My gender problem isn't half as bad as society's.  Although mine is still pretty bad.
  •  

Hikari

I use Dermablend Cover Creme Foundation, and if I were particularly worried about it I would have bought Dermablend Loose Setting Powder. I also notice, that I need to use the Dermablend long wear makeup remover to actually get the stuff off. Not water, sweat, or even baby oil really removes the stuff. Dermablend isn't very cheap though (like $60 for the settng powder and foundation). Of course, I don't use much (if I did it would appear like I didn't have freckles, this is not sheer foundation it is opaque) and that helps control costs.

I cannot say much about waterproof eyeliner or eyeshadow, as this hasn't been an issue I have really had. Some of the stuff I have claims it is waterproof, but I wouldn't give any advice based on that since I hadn't actually put it to the test in those circumstances.
私は女の子 です!My Blog - Hikari's Transition Log http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,377.0.html
  •  

Lonicera

Thank you very much for the input, it's deeply valued and helpful. I use, and used, quite a few Clinique products for skin-care and makeup so I think I'll extend that to other areas given my skin's sensitivity then try the Dermablend if that doesn't work since it sounds incredibly durable. *offers appreciative hugs if wanted*
"In the middle of the journey of our life, I came to myself in a dark wood, where the straight way was lost. It is a hard thing to speak of, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood was, so that thinking of it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death: but, in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there." - Dante Alighieri
  •  

spooky

Cinema Secrets makes a product called Ultralucent Mineral Powder that claims to have antiperspirant qualities.

Mehron makes similar claims about their Barrier Spray.

Unfortunately, I've not tested either.  I do wear makeup every day, and am very active, and the only practical advice I have is to go with sheerer applications of foundation and use high-quality products in general.
:icon_chick:
  •