Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Yoga

Started by @Diana, May 04, 2014, 11:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@Diana

gay friends told me that they have been yogaing for few years now, and help them shed some weight (and yes, healthy too)

so does anyone here try yoga ? you enjoy ??

there are few yoga studios near my house that i'm curious to try ..
  •  

Aquarelle

Yoga is part of my fitness routine - I do it two times a week at home - tuesday and thursday, and the rest of the weekdays - short intense cardio workouts, combined with medium, but regular bike riding, so this program works very well for me :) ...although I took a little break lately, because I had got hard periods and problems... But just started my "program" again :)

I think this schedule is a good way to relax and stretch the muscles after the workout from the previous day and I find it very effective.
There were periods, when I was doing yoga only, which is still good way to maintain a flexible and healthy body, but I don't think it is enough to give this specific fit and toned body sculpting I am looking for.
  •  

@Diana

Quote from: Aquarelle on May 05, 2014, 08:01:32 AM
Yoga is part of my fitness routine - I do it two times a week at home - tuesday and thursday, and the rest of the weekdays - short intense cardio workouts, combined with medium, but regular bike riding, so this program works very well for me :) ...although I took a little break lately, because I had got hard periods and problems... But just started my "program" again :)

I think this schedule is a good way to relax and stretch the muscles after the workout from the previous day and I find it very effective.
There were periods, when I was doing yoga only, which is still good way to maintain a flexible and healthy body, but I don't think it is enough to give this specific fit and toned body sculpting I am looking for.

thank you Aquarelle , this is very helpful & great info ! I saw your body pics , you look pretty fit & firm ! :)

so many types of yoga i am looking online right now

•  

DriftingCrow

I do yoga.

I love the Rodney Yee videos from Gaiam. http://www.gaiam.com/yoga-videos/?prefn1=instructor&prefv1=Rodney%20Yee

Also, the Yoga in the P90X series is really good too. :)
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

JamesG

Tried it.  Don't have the attention span, lol.  :laugh:
  •  

Aquarelle

I tried many of the yoga flows over the internet, but the ones I like the most and fit my needs are these of Tara Stiles. You can see them here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa5OCJkZgtbIkaB1sA86XVA
  •  

@Diana

thanks ya'll :)

i will start with basic , will look on youtube tutorial too

•  

HellsbellsMio

Hey!

I really like calm yoga for reducing anxiety and stretching out a stress-tensed back.. Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube is great! After I recoverd from a breast reduction I'm having in october I'm aming to get a bit more fit, and are looking forward to taking yoga up more seriosly. Thinking about joining in on asthanga yoga classes where I live, or maybe yin yoga but that's more soft and relaxing and not really the "get fit yoga" type if I understand it correctly...  In the meantime, does anyone have any good YouTube-yoga tips for recovery after surgery or something like that?
  •  

Jaime006

I just tried my first beginner's yoga class at my gym this morning. It was a lot of fun but surprisingly difficult. I plan to go back again next Saturday and eventually work the advanced yoga class into my weekly routine.
  •  

Paige

Hi Diana,

I've been doing yoga regularly for 5 or 6 years now and I've never been in better shape.  Just a few quick points, be gentle with your body don't strain and remember the most important thing to do is breath deeply (Ujjayi breathing) and calmly.  If you feel like you're over doing it, back off and take it easier.   You'll be amazed if you just practice regularly how your body will come around with a little patience.  If you do go to a studio remember it's not a competition, everyone is different and has different strengths and weaknesses.  Most yoga injuries are from pushing too hard.

I'm not sure because I haven't really started HRT but my guess is it will be great for a transitioning body. 

Good luck and have fun,
Paige  :)

•  

whatismylife

yoga is great stability, mobility, and flexibility work.
  •  

Illuminess

Yoga is an integral part of my spiritual path. It's less about the fitness and more about clearing the mind and attaining higher levels of consciousness; but the exercise is certainly a bonus. Practice some asana and pranayama. Very centering.
△ ☾ Rıνεя Aяıп Lαυяıε ☽ △

"Despair holds a sweetness that only an artist's tongue can taste."Illuminess
  •