Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Fitness during hormone therapy

Started by Lostkitten, September 09, 2014, 07:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lostkitten

So I wonder! HRT changes your muscle and fat mass. Sorry if my English might make my short explanation seem funny ._.

I am a really thin person. I literally can (I tried it before) for two weeks live on chocolate and fast food without gaining much weight at all. One week of normal healthier food and I am back to what I was. Kay! Now I was thinking.. if I go back to working out (cardio), eat more and start with hormone therapy, wouldn't my body make better changes than if I just stay living as I am now? Aside of the healthy part.. I just think about giving my body a bit more fat to play around with.. which.. sounds a bit disturbing.. but I don't mean it in such a way DX

Thoughts please :D? Like! I knew a female friend of mine who for a while started to eat a lot (on purpose) she got fattish, and started working out to tone out again but she did it well and gotten bigger hips and breasts so.. maybe it is possible too, combined with hormone therapy :D?
:D Want to see me ramble, talk about experiences or explaining about gender dysphoria? :D
http://thedifferentperspectives3000.blogspot.nl/
  •  

Lostkitten

:D Want to see me ramble, talk about experiences or explaining about gender dysphoria? :D
http://thedifferentperspectives3000.blogspot.nl/
  •  

Monkeymel

For healthy eating there are lots of diets - but essentially follow the rule of not consuming Carbonated, Refined (white sugars, flour etc), Additatives, Processed...

Doing a lot of cardio will help the body in general to burn fat... Which can work well when you are trying to loose mass. But it will also help burn fats for breast growth. A high fat diet won't be healthy either - you need the right fats in the body - not donuts or burgers.

Just eat well, stay healthy and remember that E is not the same as T and a week of chocolate will be deposited in the wrong places.
  •  

Abby Claire

I don't think trying to gain fat would be the best idea. Women in general have a much harder time than men losing weight. So once your estrogen goes up, I assume it would be much more difficult cutting those love handles that can be very pesky (it took me like half a year to cut my love handles doing extreme workouts and diets as a guy).

I'm just wondering how good hrt is at decreasing muscle mass. My body is fairly feminine concerning my waist and hips, but I have very muscular arms, pecs, and traps (haven't lifted weights for over a month and I'm hoping ignoring those parts of my body will decrease). Anyone have any idea though if having large pecs can lead to large breasts on hrt?
  •  

Jessica Merriman

Diet can have an impact on development of course, but mostly it depends on genetics.

Yes, get fit before HRT.  :)
  •  

JulieBlair

Hi Kirey,
Before I began HRT I spent six months getting as fit as I possibly could.  This included. lots of cardio and some resistance training too.  I was about to undertake an effort to reshape who I am, and I knew that estrogen would both move adipose tissue and reduce muscle mass, so I wanted to give it as healthy a body as I could to work with.

Two years later, a lot has changed, I still run 5k every couple of days, and once I began HRT stopped all resistance work,   Fatty tissue has deposited on my breasts and buttocks, but my belly has stayed pretty flat.  It works for me.  My weight has remained mostly constant, and my shape has become much more feminine.

I encourage everyone who is following this path to stay fit and pay attention to diet.  HRT affects mind, body and spirit.  I have spent too much of my life in sadness and depression.  I choose life and health as the foundation of my transformation into authenticity.  My attitude is good, my body is feminine and strong, I am becoming all that I could ever have dreamed.

Fair winds on your sail to yourself

Julie
I am my own best friend and my own worst enemy.  :D
Full Time 18 June 2014
Esprit can be found at http://espritconf.com/
  •