Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

what kind of god would do this to us?

Started by kittylover, September 13, 2014, 10:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisalex

Quote from: kittylover on September 13, 2014, 10:36:37 PM
I am wondering about this tonight....If there is a god and he's supposed to be perfect then why would he make us feel like we're not the gender we're "supposed" to be....?
Just look at the world and the mess it is. If the (real or hypothetical) entity you refer to as your God (or Godess) was truly perfect, this mess would reflect His (or Her) understanding of perfectionism, provided of course that He (or She) created this mess intentionally in the first place, and not randomly.

Personally I don't think it makes much sense to figure out whether having a transgender personality is a "mistake" of nature or the entity you call God. Transgender personality is simply a reality for a part of humans. Period. And I think there are some much worse personality options than being trans.

You also question a) whether there's an intention of the entity you call God in making some humans trans and b) what intention that might be. There seem to be as many answers to your question as there are religious beliefs. As I am a follower of the so called scientific method in everyday life, in commonsense consciousness that is, my personal reply to your questions must be the one of an agnostic: I don't know. On the contrary, where science meets spirituality, there is space for subjective experience, gut feelings, personal conviction based on one's personal life experience. To me it's not so important what a hypothetical higher power that hypothetically might have created transgender humans would have intended. To me much more important is to survive being trans. That's more practical, you see. ;)

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

•  

luckygirl

Quotewhat kind of god would do this to us?   

none.....get it?
  •  

chrisalex

Quote from: jaybutterfly on October 11, 2018, 11:49:31 AM
The gods in question may have wanted diversity in their creations, look at how many animals their are. The idea that anything in nature is strictly binary is flawed, and we may be a message to the intolerant to reconsider their stance
I like this interpretation.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

•  

KathyLauren

Quote from: chrisalex on January 06, 2019, 04:35:16 PM
Just look at the world and the mess it is. If the (real or hypothetical) entity you refer to as your God (or Godess) was truly perfect, this mess would reflect His (or Her) understanding of perfectionism, provided of course that He (or She) created this mess intentionally in the first place, and not randomly.

Hi, Chrisalex!

Welcome to Susan's Place.

I am not a believer, but I know that I was born trans.  If there is a God, He or She made me that way.  It is not for me to say why.  My job is to deal with it.

Please feel free to stop by the Introductions forum to tell the members about yourself.  Here is some information that we like to share with new members:

Things that you should read

2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Beverly Anne

If societal "norms" and cultural stigmas weren't so messed up, and if all people were accepting and kind, being trans would be an amazing gift others might envy. A transgender Native American in many of the tribal nations is an honor, and that person usually becomes the Shaman, the spiritual leader of the tribe -- the Two-Spirit person. My great grandmother was a Native American and the local tribe where I live accepts Two-Spirit people as normal.

Even though I had a very hard life until now because of it, I personally feel blessed to have been born transgender and recognize that it's the world that's messed up, not me. My tribulations made me a stronger more self-confident and caring person. The people who rejected me when I came out are no longer in my life, and they've been replaced with many more remarkable people in my life as an openly transgender woman. It's their loss, not mine.

My life is so much better since I began living as I my true self. You'll attract the best kind of people into your life when you do. A god, creator, or whatever isn't the issue. It's the people, and we can change that over time by being out there for people to see how amazing we are. Embrace it. Don't hate it.
Be authentic and live life unafraid!
  •  

Ann W

It's a good question. I'm not a Christian, in case it matters.

It's easier to explain if you believe that we live more than once or that we exist before being born and have a say in what challenges we will face. Many people who believe these things believe that we live in order to learn certain lessons, and the challenges we face are designed to teach them.

But even if you believe the orthodox Christian doctrine that we only live once, there is a way to look at our situation positively – and not only ours, because there are people who face greater challenges than we do.

Most people seem to focus on the individual experience of life and don't take into account that none of us is alone. We are all part of a greater human family. Individuals belong to families, families belong to communities, communities belong to countries and countries belong to the world; and I think that one of the reasons we have the problems we do is to teach us compassion, and to provide an opportunity for others to learn compassion. We are also here to help and be helped, to inspire and to be inspired. Our problems and the problems of others provide a opportunity for learning to love and be loved.

This may be cold comfort to someone alone and in anguish. However, I don't believe we are ever alone. I believe that, however you conceive of God, God is there – not often to rescue us from our circumstances (what would be the point in that? we have them for a reason), but to help us to overcome them.

I am always inspired by people who have faced great adversity and overcome it – and not merely overcome, but overcome spectacularly. People like Stephen Hawking and Helen Keller. These were people who faced enormous challenges, overcame them and achieved greatness, Keller in particular. What an awesome woman.

I hope this helps.
  •  

MarshaJoy825

What a question to ask? I say this in a very kind way. I am a Christian and I have struggled with why am I transgender for all my life (I am 63)? I go through cycles of having feelings that I am a woman and then guilt overtakes me and I confess it as sin. However, recently I was reading a book and the chapter was on the "Secret things belong to God" This made me think that truly God has made this way. I may not understand the reasons why. I may not understand why?  However, I can trust God with this. I know that being TG has a lot of pain associated with it, but there is a lot of good. I don't understand what God is doing, but He does. I know that I am sharing this from a Christian perspective, but maybe it will be helpful to someone.
  •  

chrisalex

Quote from: MarshaJoy825 on March 14, 2019, 05:14:19 AM
What a question to ask? I say this in a very kind way. I am a Christian and I have struggled with why am I transgender for all my life (I am 63)? I go through cycles of having feelings that I am a woman and then guilt overtakes me and I confess it as sin.

If it was a "sin" to be born trans*, subsequently it would be a sin to be born with any (other) medical condition (as HRT really helps me, I consider my condition a medical condition).

Being judged "inferior" because of a medical condition is totally unacceptable. It's nazism. Being judged "sinful" (and the bottom line of "sinful" is "inferior") because of a medical condition is the same, it's derogatory and totally unacceptable. Additionally it's superstitious. Luckily, the times of superstition are past (though the battle against darkness is far from over).

In the medieval world and times darkness had fallen upon mankind. Ruled by the church, science had been stomped out, "witches" were hunted and burned. Etc. Faith, religion, spirituality had been entirely institutionalised by the catholic church. Free, awoken spirits were hunted und suppressed "in the name of the Lord"... Killed. All for the sake of power and control over people. Faith and spirituality had been hijacked.

Then, as darkness lightened after centuries, in the 18th century came enlightenment, the age of reason. Reformation, the schism of the church had paved the way in the 16th and 17th century. Free spirits were born. Yes, I loved history lessons. 

We should never forget that one famous example for ignorance imposed by the church:

Under the rule of the church, Earth was considered flat, for centuries. Those who observed the sky and, based on their observations, rationally concluded that Earth is spherical were persecuted. Killed. Since the church had taught flat Earth for centuries, these minds who proofed the church wrong seriously questioned its integrity, its credibility and its authority. Therefore they were considered dangerous "heretics". Killed. Except for Galileo Galilei who was smart enough to tell the story right when trialed (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Galilei). 

Another example of medieval superstition is the fact that in the medieval some children were branded "changelings" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Changeling)...

Babies born handicapped were killed anyway. Those who showed behavioural "abnormalities" later in childhood or adolescence were bound to be stigmatised as "changeling"... So, one of the ultimate threats in medieval times was to be considered a "changeling" when deviant. And killed. This is another reason why everybody adhered to the church and its teachings.  

Nowadays SCIENCE understands, defines and treats medical conditions. Still there are many "faithful" smartypants walking this Earth who think they know better. They think their (medieval) beliefs and superstition was superior to reason and science, superior to human spirit.

More of my opinion about the dangers of institutionalised faith, especially of the christian version, in my comment here: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php?topic=235772.msg2213013#msg2213013

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

•  

DawnOday

God is God. People are People. God is perfect. Peoples interpretation of Gods word. Not so much. Religions are so wrong about everything. Has any of them been right? Take for example their continued call for end times. It is not a sin that God has confirmed. It was declared a sin by a Prophet and endorsed by clergy today, known for Profits.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Stacy

I'm not religious, but I'm spiritual, I think the spiritism theory is the only one that doesn't deny reality and make sense in everything. It involves reincarnation, so that we have a lot of lives. The goal is to evolve and participate in something bigger than us. One life would never be enough. Some must be born in a male body, some others in a female one to experiment everything we need according to where we are in evolving. Others genders of other planets probably exist somewhere and are also part of the picture. Genders that we don't know here of course. Not everything is bound to Earth and having male and female concept. Humans are not the center of the universe. But our soul is probably bound to this planet for a while. Our physical nature tend to imprint our soul with the last gender so we are born in the same gender several times before to switch. Because we are so unique as individuals, the path chosen to involve being a trans is surely complex, but with completely valid reasons. We agreed before any incarnation, that our life will be this one until the next one. At this time, we are helped and we know what we need to do. We know that it will not be easy. Our brain just cannot be created with those memories from the past and the soul's memories cannot join the biology. So we wonder why we are there, and why life seems so unfair. We suffer because we compare to others. They have their own path, and ours is as it looks, probably more harder and complex in some ways. But some people live in the streets, some cannot walk, some will never be able to have kids. It's unfair compared to others, but those things push us through what we need to learn. We are not there to accomplish the societal ideal goals. We are here for something bigger than having a house, a job, and kids. And at some point, every soul get a more complex incarnation, in which everything may seems unfair. It's our turn, this time. We have particular things to do, in a particular background. It leads us to this particular life. I cannot be 100% sure that it's all true, but from everything I read, the whole theory that is too big to explain in a few sentences, is the only one giving sense to everything, the only one compatible and most possible. Knowing that don't remove the pain but when we believe this to be true, the pain has a purpose, and this purpose can change a lot of things. If we think that the goal in life is to mimic everyone perfectly, we will be in pain forever because one individual will never be completely a clone and sadly, it's even not what life is about. Are we loving people because they are common? All the same? No, we love because they are different, very unique. Society want us to be equal in every ways, but it's not our nature, it cannot work. If people would all wake up, there would be no expectations to be all so similar. Similarities would go up to common rules, language and respect, anything else would no matter.

Nature allowed trans to exist, like absolutely everything else present. It means it's natural, it's not a mistake. The universe is extremely well created, beautifully perfect and self maintained, allowing wonders to exist. What is bad, good, beautiful and ugly are for a large percentage programming from the society. It's not from nature, even if nature also admitted our plagued society to exist. Being born in another place and time, like the old native american people, would not have been so hard for trans people. They thought trans were gifted because they get skills of both genders (it was their way to see it), and they respected them. One in the family, was a lucky family as I said in another post. "God" wanted them to exist, and the population asked no question about God's will, they simply embraced it. We are not born in such a place, but my goal was to explain that life itself would not be so hard if it wasn't of the society in which we are in. Do nature care (judge) for you being trans? Do your dog or cat see you as weird? They could even not think you are beautiful, because they are not human so they don't have this programming. The universe want us to be like we are and its will and comprehension is above every human statement.

Adults are just older kids. They are mean, they harm, they do a lot of mistakes. We are all kids on a gigantic playground in a game we created, with rules based on appearances and familiarity. Rules invented, with most having no sense and not compatible with nature. And we come into this, born with a particular path tailored for our very personal needs to learn and things to do very precise, but we don't know about that. We just see this human invented game, we just want to win it, to feel like others and respected. If our path doesn't work with this game, we feel to lose, we feel to never fit, and then we ask why some god would do this to us. I think very advanced beings are guiding the children we are, where we need to be, and the way we need to evolve. And like parents do, they also need to put their kids to challenge, to see them suffer at some point making their own experiences, for the best ways for them to learn. That's also why kids may hate their parents, thinking they don't understand.

Universe is fair with what we have to do here, while humans are not. That's why they need to evolve, that's why we are here.
  •