Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Experiences with eating less meat

Started by Feather, September 14, 2014, 12:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schwarzwalderkirschtort

For moral reasons I feel better not consuming any animal product whatsoever, however I am simply a vegetarian and a vegan whenever possible. I like to go to sleep at night knowing nothing has died because of my needs, and that my energy is all natural and based on plant life. It just feels better for me. I feel more stable, and more strong, because I'm conscious of what I'm eating. When I ate meat, it was just meat, but now I put more thought into every piece.
  •  

Kylo

When I was a kid I was vegetarian so people wouldn't put eggs in my food and it was just easier to say I was a veggie than bother people with the please-don't-put-eggs-in-my-food thing. I also couldn't actually digest red meat without stomach pains, so that was another good reason.

Then I went through a pescatarian phase through my uni years up until last year.

So I've spent most of my life being pesky or veggie until I started eating a bit of lamb and pork recently. I found my allergy or problem or whatever it was with red meat from childhood is gone and I can eat it just fine. I'm not a huge fan, though. Still avoid beef as that gave me the worst as a kid.

Honestly I can't say it makes me feel different. I'm on a low-carb, high fish/meat diet right now and it makes me narky, but it does that to a lot of people, especially at first. That's all, I guess.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •