Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

We lose too many

Started by Jera, October 03, 2014, 08:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jera

Absolutely do not read this if you trigger easily.

But I'm in tears right now, and I don't have any words.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=656485347806155&id=100003340888856

She followed through with it. She meant a lot to me.
  •  

EchelonHunt

I am very sorry to hear what happened. You are correct, we lose too many.

Far too many.

It is a tragedy.

All I can hope is that she is at peace now, that she is free from her suffering.

I cannot say anything that will ease even a fraction of your pain. I will offer many hugs though :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_hug:
  •  

Mark3

I was just talking about this subject with another person here minutes ago.
I tried to read that whole letter, but no way I could.. Since lately I cry at the drop of a hat.

I know Jera, I feel your pain..

There's been multiple posts made here also, that scared the bajesus out of me, hoping this won't happen here..
There's so much pain felt by many in our trans community, I don't know what to do about it.?
Just tell people how much we love them, and help best we can to get them through the tough times.
What else can we do.??
"The soul is beyond male and female as it is beyond life and death."
  •  

Jera

I feel like maybe I triggered it, with my own (obviously failed) thing a couple months back.
  •  

EchelonHunt

Quote from: Jera on October 03, 2014, 10:57:53 AM
I feel like maybe I triggered it, with my own (obviously failed) thing a couple months back.

Blaming yourself isn't going to help you but I can understand why you would think that - it is a natural reaction to grief. It could have easily been something else entirely that could have triggered her or it could have been something that was months or years in the making - as she mentioned it had been 19 years of depression.

What your friend did or didn't do should have no reflection on you as an individual. Grief is a horrible but necessary tactic for the human mind to comprehend with the sudden loss experienced.

Be sure to allow yourself to grieve. Please, try not to bottle it up. We are here for you, the family at Susan's will support you, lend an ear and a shoulder to cry on.

You are not alone, Jera. :icon_hug:
  •  

helen2010

Quote from: Jera on October 03, 2014, 10:57:53 AM
Jera
Don't take this on.  It isn't the case.  It isn't fair to you and it disrespects your friend.  They made their decision.  They blamed no one for their situation.  They thanked their friends.  You were a friend.  Accept their thanks.  Celebrate their friendship.  Live your life without guilt.  None is warranted.
Be well
Aisla
  •  

Alice Rogers

I hope you found the 'something' waiting for you on the other side Kate, I weep for you, a lost sister before I had the honour and privilege to get to know you.

Alice
"I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time." Jack London
  •  

BreezyB

OMG I am in tears right now.

Please don't blame yourself Jera, it won't help anyone.

Rest in peace Kate, I'm sure your in a happier place.

Please, please don't let us lose anyone else.

If anyone ever feels there's no way out of your pain, please please talk to someone.

Lifeline in Australia - 13 11 14 https://www.lifeline.org

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline in the US - 1-800-273-8255 http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org

"I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are" - Mary Lambert

•  

Mark3

Quote from: BreezyB on October 03, 2014, 08:29:08 PM
Please, please don't let us lose anyone else.

If anyone ever feels there's no way out of your pain, please please talk to someone.
Yes you have to reach out to someone. Being alone makes the darkness you feel even worse.
  •  

mrs izzy

It is no one's fought.

All we can do is reach out and try and show them life. Point them to help.

It's nothing new for me, my list of lost seems never to go away.

It's very sad in 2014 we still have our friends just give up.

So i feel as someone that has been around the community as long as I have I truly have failed.

I have not the magic word that can stop it, just understanding and compassion is the best I can do.
Mrs. Izzy
Trans lifeline US 877-565-8860 CAD 877-330-6366 http://www.translifeline.org/
"Those who matter will never judge, this is my given path to walk in life and you have no right to judge"

I used to be grounded but now I can fly.
  •  

Mark3

No you haven't failed at all. That's a misconception, that because you knew the person(s) that somehow you could have saved them.
If you have experienced real suicidal thoughts you know that its like a darkness that blots out everything, common sense, rational thought, and even the best atempts of loved ones to pull them back often fail no matter how sincere or well meaning.

•  

V M

It is always a sad thing when it happens and I would imagine that I'm not the only one who hurts inside when hearing of such news
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

crowcrow223

I didn't know you, nor your beloved friend, however, I couldn't help but think about you and your friend (rest in peace) since I've read your message...

What's most shattering and eye-opening in this terrible tragedy is that, we all, without exception, can find ourselves in her words. The blame we feel for wanting to speak about our fear, self-hatred, as if we're putting burden on someone. The extreme pain that doesn't seem to want to go away. The feeling of helplessness.

What's shocking and painfully true is that we are Kate. Many of us face what she had to face.

Keep it strong sisters and brothers, there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm hugging everyone who's going through a hard time now. You are in my prayers. I love you all!
  •  

Jera

I'm still struggling just to understand why. Why did she feel like such a burden? She's always been an amazing friend, though she has been rather isolated more recently.

Any time we worked on or played something together, she was a powerful force of inspiration. Her positivity and encouragement always brought people up, allowing us to achieve more than we could have otherwise. Her passion alone was inspiring, and amazing to see.

That albatross she said she tied us to could fly, and often took us flying with it.

I admire and look up to Kate, and I always will. I'm going to miss her so, so much. :(
  •  

Mark3

•  

Ms Grace

Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

helen2010

Jera
We feel your pain and share your loss. Hugs
Aisla
  •  

♥︎ SarahD ♥︎

Oh my god, Jera hunni, I'm so sorry for your loss! :'( ♥︎♥︎*Hugs*♥︎♥︎.  I don't think we've really spoken and I didn't know your friend, but after reading this I had to go outside for some fresh air and to wipe away the tears.

I guess this is a reminder to all of us (not that any of us need reminding) that this is not a "joke" or a "fad" or a "delusion".  This is very real and the consequences can be literally fatal.  This is really really sad.  I can't express how much I just want to give you the biggest hug in the world right now :'( ♥︎♥︎*Hugs*♥︎♥︎
*Hugs*
"You never find the path to your true self, but rather - you find your true self along the path"
  •  

Wynternight

Damn. I'm sorry. This is heartbreaking.
Stooping down, dipping my wings, I came into the darkly-splendid abodes. There, in that formless abyss was I made a partaker of the Mysteries Averse. LIBER CORDIS CINCTI SERPENTE-11;4

HRT- 31 August, 2014
FT - 7 Sep, 2016
VFS- 19 October, 2016
FFS/BA - 28 Feb, 2018
SRS - 31 Oct 2018
  •