Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Haven't heard from her in a while…

Started by Arctic Kat, September 12, 2014, 01:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Kat

So... Some time ago, I started chatting online with another trans girl.
We started off as friends, but soon enough, we fell in love with each other. She became my official girlfriend.
She makes such an awesome companion. ^o^

For several months now, we've been writing to each other on a daily basis, talking about this and that, our pasts, maybe even a future together. It was all sweet banter. :icon_razz:

However, we never actually met in real life. I'm in Alaska, and she's been living in California....
Well, her past was growing up in a small town in Wyoming. She recently moved back to Wyoming to be closer to her father, whose health isn't very well.
She was heartbroken to leave her California home, since it was so sudden. However, she did mention after about a year, she could be moving up to Alaska, on an old family home.

Anyway, her internet service hasn't been very reliable since she moved to Wyoming, but I still got messages from her almost daily.
Things were going well, until last week.
I don't know what happened, but it's like she suddenly vanished. I haven't heard from her in ten days.
Sure, it's not uncommon for her to have a busy schedule, but it's never been this bad.
We love each other. Every time we write to each other, it brightens up our day. I can't imagine what could have happened to cause her to not respond.

(For the record, I don't have any contact information for any of her real life friends or family.)

Eerrrrg!
This has been making me worried sick...
I haven't been to Susan's in a long time... but, heh,  I can't think of anywhere better to post this.  :icon_surprised:
Waarom mag een jongen nooit prinsesje
Waarom mag een meisje nooit superman zijn
Elke vogel bouwt z'n eigen nestje
Hier bij ons mag iedereen zijn wie ze zijn
  •  

alabamagirl

I hope you hear from her soon. I'm in a very similar relationship, so my heart really goes out to you. *hugs* Hang in there. I know it's tough not to worry, but try to keep reminding yourself that she's okay. Maybe the device she used to connect to the internet broke, or something else has kept her from being able to respond. I'm sure you'll hear from her again soon. She's probably heartbroken that she hasn't been able to write to you.
  •  

Arctic Kat

Thanks for the support.
You know what -- Don't take your relationship for granted. You never know what could happen on the other end.

It's been 12 days now, still no news.
This isn't the first time she's been absent for a long time. About a month ago, she was hospitalized, and the doctors said she needed to rest.
I'm still holding out hope that, after whatever happened this time, she'll be fine again.... and soon.

Wyoming isn't the easiest place for the trans community, but she did mention her new neighbors are cool with who she is.

The only solace I have is that her name isn't showing up in any obituary searches.
(I can't believe how morbid my thoughts are getting...) :icon_razz:
  •  

AnneB

ok, do you have her phone number or were you not at the actual voice chatting stage yet?

i pray she is ok, and to use Billy Crystals line from Harry Met Sally, "shes trapped under something heavy and cant reach the phone to call you... ". sorry, just a hit of humor to ease your worry.
  •  

Arctic Kat

No, we haven't traded phone numbers yet.
I proposed the idea, but she decided not to. (She was concerned I wouldn't like her voice, or that she might say something weird...) :icon_razz:

You know what, whenever she gets back online, I will give her my number anyway.
  •  

Ms Grace

You might try enquiring at local hospitals. Hopefully she will be back online soon. Tell her you were really worried and ask for her number promising you'll only use it if you haven't heard from her in four or five days.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Arctic Kat

I was entertaining the idea of contacting any local hospitals, but I wanted to try something else first.
I... I searched for any other websites she's been a part of, and I found something interesting.

She has been posting messages on another forum as recently as yesterday, the 14th.
I can confirm it's her, from her other username she's used before, and since she uses the same writing style, and uses the same emoticons. ..And that she's been talking about the same interests.

I wonder if she's just avoiding me, or if she needs some time away from me.

... Huh.
  •  

Arctic Kat

Okay — it turns out that some time ago my girlfriend gave that account to her in-law. So, it wasn't really her using it. 

At least I got to chat with her in-law, someone close to her.
I learned my girlfriend has been hospitalised, and that she has had no internet access this whole time.
It saddens me to know about her condition. I hope she gets well soon.

On the other hand, I'm so giddy knowing that she was asking about me, and thinking about me, that I'm the reason she's happy.  :icon_razz:  It's just too bad her next of kin didn't know how to contact me.

I relayed my phone number to her.  I'm so nervous and giddy about that. We've never talked on the phone before. What if she calls at a bad time, or we forget to talk?
:icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface:
I'm giggling and blushing so much right now ~
  •  

Athena

Well !

Hmm this is a difficult one to respond to. First I am glad that she is asking about you and that you might be in contact with her again soon. On the other hand your gf is in the hospital which I am sorry to hear.
Formally known as White Rabbit
  •  

Taka

ah... those situations are mortifying. i hope your friend gets well.
  •