Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Should someone be allowed SRS who is not planning to present as a female?

Started by suzifrommd, September 22, 2014, 01:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechGirl

Quote from: SadieBlake on October 30, 2016, 06:40:34 AM

Should is always such a fun question. Much as I would love to pass as female and I certainly could, I'm mostly presenting somewhere in the non-binary and content with my choice, more on that below

"qualifies for a diagnosis of Gender Dysphoria. She presents as organized and capable, and as having undergone a long process of self-examination and self-expression regarding gender identity. She presents visually primarily as male, with a beard and a receding hairline, but also with feminine accents. She has long experienced doubts about being able to pass as female, and describes herself as making do as non-binary in gender presentation, but nonetheless wanting to more fully occupy her female identity, to be treated socially as a Woman, and to have her body as congruent as possible with her gender identity." 

That is all that needs to be said about it. I actually identify as binary female, I've tried going off hormones to see if I could be comfortable cycling between feminine and masculine at the endocrinole layer and that didn't work at all.

I don't care to present one way at work and another elsewhere, inconsistency in presentation has been an element of my dysphoria - dressing at home only actually makes me feel worse.

Much like you, I find myself in a body that is very clearly male.  I know HRT cannot erase these traits.  I know my wife likes my male bits.  But I do not, don't think I ever have.  The thought of having my body aligned more closely to what's in my head, despite how I look, makes me yearn to go faster in transition.

Thank you for sharing your words.  You give me confidence in my own plan.
  •  

j-unique

YES! Of course, everybody can make a mistake and regret, but that's not other people's business.

A question for everybody saying "no": Who are you to judge other people's needs?
  •  

mac1

Quote from: TechGirl on October 30, 2016, 08:11:13 AM
Much like you, I find myself in a body that is very clearly male.  I know HRT cannot erase these traits.  I know my wife likes my male bits.  But I do not, don't think I ever have.  The thought of having my body aligned more closely to what's in my head, despite how I look, makes me yearn to go faster in transition.

Thank you for sharing your words.  You give me confidence in my own plan.
My wife used to like mine, too.  However, she gave that up a long time ago do to the changes with her bits.  Unfortunately I am still stuck with mine.
?
  •  

PrincessCrystal

Quote from: Xirafel on October 30, 2016, 06:53:26 AM
I find it slightly amusing how easy it is to undergo castration while SRS is a huge drama.
Especially when Castration is probably the most permanently altering part of SRS anyway...  I feel like of you've been without testicles for a few months, you're probably ready for SRS, regardless of other factors.  SRS, to me, seems like one of the safest, simplest parts of transition that has been blown waaayyy out of proportion next to things like FFS and going Full Time...

Quote from: TechGirl on October 30, 2016, 08:11:13 AMI know my wife likes my male bits.
Hence why I'm glad I don't have a wife... >!0
  •