Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What Should I Do?

Started by Lylapanda, September 27, 2014, 07:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lylapanda

This is my current situation:
I am an 18 year old trans girl who lives with her mother and stepfather. I am a senior in high school, and I just began seeing a therapist who has worked with transsexual clients before. I do not want to come out until I have my letter of recommendation for HRT, because I rely on my father's insurance to cover the cost of therapy. The only person who MAY accept me to some degree is my mom, but if she mentions anything to my stepfather I will be kicked out. My entire family -not kidding, every single member- will disown me other than my two younger siblings and maaaybe my mom. I will lose any financial support I could have expected for college. I am unemployed, but I have enough money saved up to afford my first year of HRT and blood work if I can find somewhere to live and eat for free. My only hope is that my mom keeps quiet, in which case my transition can be kept secret until I am more financially independent. Just thinking about postponing my transition makes me suicidal, so I will continue no matter the circumstances, but should I just avoid coming out for a year or two?
"Be like the flower that gives its fragrance to even the hand that crushes it." Imam Ali
  •  

peky

I would avoid saying anything until I am out of college...

Courage !
  •  

Alice Rogers

You can start your transition without coming out, walk softly sister!
"I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry-rot.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time." Jack London
  •