Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Somebody stop me!

Started by KaylaMadison, August 15, 2014, 05:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KaylaMadison

I seem to have gone overboard the last few days, I'm pretty sure that I've spent a few hundred dollars on product, eyes and lips and I can't keep the card put away! That being said I am in love with Hard Candy's line of Lip Def and their Lip Plumping glosses.
Came out to self/wife - 5 June 2014
Started HRT - 8 April 2015
Full Time - 29 May 2015
Currently Working on Name Change
  •  

Ms Grace

Not hard to spend loooooots of money on make up. Even just to get together a basic starting kit is $$$.

Have fun!
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

DarkFrost

Make-up can be so expensive... and so fun, enjoyable and addictive too ;)
  •  

awilliams1701

I spent almost $500 on clothes a couple weeks ago. However since I'm about to go full time starting this weekend and at work for the first time starting Tuesday, it was necessary.
Ashley
  •  

justkaty

Hey, now - instead of cutting yourself off completely, give yourself a reasonable budget! Give your finances a thorough look-through and identify an amount that you can spend on makeup, clothing, etc. That might be $250, or it might only be $20. Whatever it is, let yourself look forward to that every paycheck or every month or however you set it up.
  •  

awilliams1701

In my case I could afford quite a bit, but not indefinitely. I'm trying to back off my purchases, but as I get ready to go full time 100% I keep finding things I'm missing. Once I go full time, I'm hoping I can avoid spending too much on girly stuff for a month or two to recover.
Ashley
  •  

Frankie

I just recently started buying clothes, I decided to limit myself to about $70 (+/-) for a complete outfit. I pay the bill when it comes in, I am on hold for a couple of months because of other needed purchases I used the card for, I will pay the balance in full in three payments then decide when there is a zero balance. Its way too easy to buy the things I want. I recently received an email saying "Your shopping cart has abandonment issues :(...Yeah it does, I abandoned it for a few months...absence makes the heart grow fonder!
  •  

CaseyD

Hard Candy Lip Plumping glosses are pretty amazing, and it all really adds up. Especially when you buy something cause it looks one way on the packaging, then looks completely different like you (like the yellow nail polish I bought yesterday, its awful). I can't say I've spent as much on make up as you, but I know it has made a dent in my wallet. If only there was a cheap starter kit of trial sized items so you can really test the waters and find what you like...
  •  

Frankie

Maybe an exchange thread? Where clothes and makeup can be exchanged? I know I bought a pair of jeans in 14 that are way too big for me, so what do I do with them now? They cost me $30, I don't want to waste that...just a thought
  •  

CaseyD

Quote from: Frankie on September 24, 2014, 07:46:17 AM
Maybe an exchange thread? Where clothes and makeup can be exchanged? I know I bought a pair of jeans in 14 that are way too big for me, so what do I do with them now? They cost me $30, I don't want to waste that...just a thought
That might not be a bad idea- I know I have tossed more than a few things that didn't quite fit right that I stupidly took the tags off of and needed the room for things that did fit...
  •  

Frankie

Looking for the like button... :)
  •