Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Receding Hair and Transition

Started by Jessika, October 19, 2014, 10:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessika

Hi girls and guys,
I was wondering, as I do keep my head shaved normally to keep my receding hairline from showing, how will I be able to gain it back once on HRT if at all?
I do plan on having shoulder length at a minimum.

Or will I be forced into uncomfortable Wigs for life?  :-\

Thanks all

Jess
My Fantasy is having Two Men at once...

One Cooking, One Cleaning.  ;D 

•  

♥︎ SarahD ♥︎

Hay Jess!  We seem to keep bumping into each other lol! :D (I promise I'm not stalking you lol :P ♥︎*Hugs*♥︎ ).

Disclaimer - I'm only just starting out on this journey myself so what I say is based on what I've read rather than personal experience, but from what I gather HRT will halt male-pattern baldness, and some people say it even causes some hair to grow back again, although I'm not sure how accurate that is.  I've also seen a lot of talk about DHT reduction (DHT causes hair loss I think or something..?  ??? ), but I don't fully understand the ins and outs of that so one of the others will have to fill you in there ;)

What you can do further down the line though is get hair transplants into the balding areas, which can also feminise the general shape of the hair line too (bring it forward and give it more of a feminine curve rather than the masculine "M" shape).  You can also get a scalp advance as part of FFS which will likely help with this too.

Of course, you'll probably need wigs while your hair grows out in any case.  Wigs can be really fun though and gives you a chance to quickly play with different hairstyles to find what fits you best, so it's not necessarily a bad thing :)

Anyway, hope I've helped hun! :D ♥︎
*Hugs*
"You never find the path to your true self, but rather - you find your true self along the path"
  •