Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Yoga for beginners

Started by Jenelle327, February 06, 2014, 04:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenelle327

Does anybody know of any good beginners yoga programs. I tried the p90x yoga and it was a little bit more advanced than I can do
  •  

DiDi

I don't have enough posts to attach a link, but if you are in North America, I recommend looking at Collage Fitness or Total Fitness and using their search links to find appropriate yoga DVDs for your level of fitness and experience. It really does matter though on what your goals are - strength, endurance, flexibility, weight loss etc. Do you know what you want to get out of yoga? I find that yoga and dance are both wonderful for posture and grace in addition to other fitness parameters. Good Luck.
Trying to Be Real In Real Life
  •  

Jenelle327

Thanks DiDi I wanted to do yoga for flexibility, weight loss and emotional health.  I never really thought about dance though
  •  

DiDi

I do jazzercise three times a week and really enjoy it. The choreography is simple enough for most people and its a fun bunch of women, at least where I go.  :)
  •  

Jenelle327

I started to look into some of the dance stuff and I think I'm gonna try hip hop dance or zumba since everyone wont stop talking about :)
  •  

DiDi

Don't know about hip hop classes but I have done Zumba a few times and it's different (all latin dance) but a lot of fun. The choreography is a bit challenging at first though. You go girl!
  •  

MrKarl35

There is a YouTube channel called Fiitness blender. I think it's a great series, they have some of everything including Yoga. The guy who narrates it does a good job of instructing and not annoying.
  •