Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

U.S SRS surgeons

Started by carrie359, October 08, 2014, 10:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carrie359

Ok.
Well I go full time end of this month..
My therapist said Its time to decide on a surgeon or at least be doing the research now..  I really plan to do mine by end of next year..
What are the top  U.S. surgeons I should be looking at.
My therapist said most her other MTF gals look at different things.. like keeping sensation, depth and something else she mentioned.. and of course I said I want all three.
Thanks for the help .. I am new to this thread since SRS seemed so far off and now... it will be here before I know it.
Carrie
  •  

Flan

my 2 cents not counting inflation.

selecting a srs surgeon is a pretty personal choice and while the focus might be aesthetics or if the getup works sexually the truth(tm) is most western surgeons these days use a similar technique (inversion with scrotal primary graft) and leave the details to how they were taught things (peri skin and urethra tissue use).

if you are going to pay cash for it vs some sort of coverage by a 3rd party (insurance) can either expand possibilities or limit them.

Aftercare doesn't stop when you are discharged from the surgical center or hospital. is your GP/obgyn/whatever able to perform care needed be it suture removal or granulation tissue mediation? What if you have to have the foley (urinary catheter) reinserted for a couple days?

Do you trust the surgeon? even the best ones have cases where complications happen (patients bleeding out, aesthetic issues, severed nerves causing numbness, etc). Sometimes they can repair a complication, sometimes they can't. to use a phrase from financial companies: "past results are not an indication of future returns". Just because one person got a good result doesn't mean the next person will. Most US/Canadian srs surgeons are pretty ok at what they do least they get sued into oblivion. The real work is figuring the rate of complications any given one has and if the risk (as all surgery has) that one is willing to take.
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
  •  

suzifrommd

I had a good experience with Dr. Kathy Rumer. She's not as well known as McGinn or Bowers, but she was very accessible.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

carrie359

Wow thanks for the info that map really helps..
Carrie
  •