Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

waking up after SRS.

Started by kariann330, July 23, 2013, 08:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SorchaC

I cannot comment on SRS till March 31st 2015 but I can say what I said after my orchie. First I have to admit my real name or this just won't work.

As I came round I could hear 2 nurses chatting and one calling Sarah Sarah, I answered saying "hold on can I wake up first?"  My nurse was called Sarah and said "not you she was calling me this is Jane", I replied "Well your names Sarah and her names Jane and I'm Sarahjane so that makes me 2 people at once do I get a prize  ;D " Sarah responded with "I have a present for you" Then handed me my lovely fluffy pink Teddy Bear and said "Now go back to sleep" My response was something along the lines of "No chance I'm going to spend the rest of the day teasing you  >:-) "

I am someone that believes humour is the answer to everything and the more stressed I am the more I'm likely to come out with something humourous. I have been planning a facebook post to alert all my friends that I've woken up after Surgery and have a youtube video I'm gonna post. I'm not sure I'm allowed to post links here so if you want to see what I'm planning do a search for Only when I laugh. It's an 80's UK TV show. I've got the theme tune and will be adding a few images to it and putting under that I guess this means I'm awake again?

I am not wanting to sound like what's to come is easy or that when others talk about being ill or in pain I don't believe them, I've no doubt I will have some pain and I've no doubt I may well feel sick and being in a windowless room could make me wonder what made me choose here but none of that will detract from the joy of knowing after all I've already suffered I've actually done it. As I told Sarah the Nurse. "As long as I have a nice comfy bed and my Pink Bear to cuddle I'll be happy, I won't mind if you shut the door and leave me to get on with recovery. I'll let you know if I need anything" Yes I'm taking the bear to Bangkok and they'll be told if the bear isn't in bed waiting for me I'll be going looking for it as soon as they're backs are turned  ;D

I've had my bear for nearly 6 years and in the dark days I've had the bear was my only friend and comfort so to me doing this without the bear is not possible. If it could talk I'm sure the stories would depress even the happiest person. Yes ok so I'm crazy  :o

I'm not dangerous though  ;D

Hugs

Sorcha
Full Time : July 2007,  ;D ;D
HRT : December 2007,
GRC, (Gender Changed on Birth Certificate) December 2009,  :eusa_clap:
SRS Dr Chettawut March 2015, ;D ;D
  •  

jojo702

hahaha, I'm having my srs on Nov  1st, I'll let you know then after the surgery lol
15 years on HRT and going, started at age 16.

SRS+BA done in Bangkok, Thailand by the hands of Dr Chettawut Tulayaphanich and his team on November 1, 2014.
  •  

eringurrl

I think these phrases are absolutely awesome.  With that said, since I never thought to say anything remotely close when I wake up post-op, It'll feel pretty cliche/forced :P  I'll just be happy I woke up :)
  •  

butterflies

It wasn't my first or second anesthesia so it just felt like waking upfrom anesthesia. A good one too, I wasn't confused or anything. Just tired and slow. I could have one sip of water after half an hour and after an hour or so I drank two cups of water.at that point I hadn't drunk anything for 24h and eaten nothing for 31h and I don't think I felt nauseous. when I had breakfast in the morning I had to use all my self control not to vomit after the first bite. I waited a little and slowly ate most of the breakfast. I felt sick fora couple of hours after that but it also gave me ssome strength. Lunch was some weird Italian food
The nurse could tell it wasn't what I was expecting so she asked me what I eat and I told her Thai food. So the dinner was Thai food, shrimp and rice soup. It wasn't spicy though, I like spicy food but I've been told spicy food is not good after a surgery and when I asked the nurse about it she said "yes, that's true"
I had nothing in my mind when I woke up last night. Only water which I asked for. I find it hard to believe some people come up with jokes in that situation but I guess they do...
  •