News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

4 months post op (Dr.B) Oversensitivity? Feeling horny all the time

Started by divineintervention, October 16, 2014, 12:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

divineintervention

Hi,

So I am recently 4 months post op (with dr. Brassard).

I still go around my place uncovered in terms of my genital area... however, lately, I am feeling horny (for lack of a better word) all the time. I am not sure why this has been happening. Previously, my clitoris region only felt this way when I pressed it against something or crossed my legs. But now, without even doing anything, it feels like someone is stroking that area (and to put it another way, I feel like it is erected... constantly).

It has been very bothersome and it prevents me from my daily activities or sleeping even... Is this normal? Would it go away? I have emailed the staff as Asclepiade and am awaiting an answer...

Thanks for listening!
  •  

Monkeymel

I had this once or twice - normally due to the way the inflammation is dying down and the tissues sinking into the body. This puts pressure onto the clitoris... But normally it passed within a day or two. Cooling the area or asking for a short dose of anti inflammatories might help.
  •  

Jenna Marie

I think it's normal; as Mel says, I haven't had it happen for more than a day or two at a time, but it usually did have to do with swelling decreasing and the subsequent shift around the clitoris meaning that it was basically being rubbed constantly.

My impression (I also went to Brassard) is that the clitoral hooding may also take some time to settle down fully into the correct place, and it's *that* which protects the clitoris from constant stimulation. Cis women who have a clitoral hood piercing or removal have a similar problem, at least until the body adjusts and the nerves learn to cope with their new situation.

Hopefully it will pass!
  •  

mrs izzy

It's something for me that came and went.

New nerves coming on line.

Try having events while shopping and no place to hide.  :P

It should calm down.
Mrs. Izzy
Trans lifeline US 877-565-8860 CAD 877-330-6366 http://www.translifeline.org/
"Those who matter will never judge, this is my given path to walk in life and you have no right to judge"

I used to be grounded but now I can fly.
  •  

divineintervention

Do any of you remember when such feelings started developed? (Months would be of great help).

I've had such sensitivity or sensations of erection throughout the day for 4 days now :/ quite worried.

•  

Jenna Marie

I believe the first time for me was about two months post-op, and it persisted (but for me it was a few minutes here and there, not constant) for another 2-3 months.  I hope they do have some advice for you, but I don't think it's a *bad* sign, just very annoying.
  •  

Monkeymel

Quote from: divineintervention on October 18, 2014, 07:28:47 AM
I've had such sensitivity or sensations of erection throughout the day for 4 days now :/ quite worried.

Cooling the area with ice wrapped in tissues helped reduce the swelling sensations during the dilation. Wearing loose fitting clothing and relaxing a lot. This was during week 10 post op. Some anti inflammatories did help - and I also found a point of irritation as a small piece of stitching was between the fold and clitoris.

Whilst we are not supposed to spread or play with the folds / sometimes it is worth it. Or take a warm water bath (if allowed) and soak for a while.
  •  

divineintervention

I think I am worried because I am 4 months post op... that's 16-17 weeks :/ Still waiting to hear from the docs... just worried that is has to do with the nerves :(
  •  

Jenna Marie

If it does have to do with the nerves, I'd guess it's about them recovering, which is good news in the long term. (Anything nerve-related happened earlier with me than is typical, if that helps reassure you; I had full sensation when I woke up and stopped having the little "jolts" of nerve reconnection much sooner than most people report.)

16-17 weeks is still very early. Swelling, nerve reconnection, and brain remapping can all take at least a year, often longer. I still had swelling going down and things rearranging/resettling for over 2 years...
  •