Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Burial wishes?

Started by Nero, September 16, 2007, 06:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Your burial wishes (if all options were available in your area)?

Bury me in the ground.
Cremate me.
Preserve me. (mummify or cryogenically freeze me)
Bury me at sea.
Expose me to the elements, insects, and animals.
Donate me to science.

Jessie_Heart

cremate me and I don't care what is done with the ashes as long as my family doesn't know what happened to them so they have no real place to stand to remember my death. I have done alot in my life to try to make a positive impact on others lives if i am remembered I want my life to be what is remembered not my death. if I cannot be remembered as a positive part of someones life and remembered for things about me that made them happy I sure don't want to be remembered by my death that made them sad! but first please take any parts that would help others before burning me if I am dead thenI don't need them!
  •  

RebeccaFog

Quote from: Ell on September 23, 2007, 02:05:02 PM
Quote from: Rebis on September 23, 2007, 12:50:03 PM
    I get created then dumped

i get created, neglected, beaten, ridiculed, and then dumped
I meant to say 'cremated'.  but that's a funny response.  Instead of waiting to die, I'm getting neglected and ridiculed while I'm alive so my ceremony will be shorter.
  •  

Ell

Quote from: Rebis on September 23, 2007, 03:15:55 PM

I meant to say 'cremated'.  but that's a funny response.  Instead of waiting to die, I'm getting neglected and ridiculed while I'm alive so my ceremony will be shorter.

funny?! that was my childhood, youth, and adulthood i was talking about! but to stay on topic, who cares how you finish off the remains of such a life...
  •  

Jeannette

Cremate me and light a candlle in my honour every night.
  •  

RebeccaFog

Quote from: Ell on September 23, 2007, 09:06:58 PM
Quote from: Rebis on September 23, 2007, 03:15:55 PM

funny?! that was my childhood, youth, and adulthood i was talking about! but to stay on topic, who cares how you finish off the remains of such a life...
I'm sorry.  I really thought you were talking about after you die.  I hope I didn't hurt your feelings.
  •  

Ell

Quote from: Rebis on September 23, 2007, 10:46:34 PM
I'm sorry.  I really thought you were talking about after you die.  I hope I didn't hurt your feelings.

you didn't hurt my feelings, Rebecca. i sense there may be really valuable lessons running all through my experiences, if i could just somehow get at the meaning.

-ell
  •  

Jessie_Heart

Quote from: Ell on September 23, 2007, 11:33:56 PM
you didn't hurt my feelings, Rebecca. i sense there may be really valuable lessons running all through my experiences, if i could just somehow get at the meaning.

-ell

I also had a somewhat hard childhood and I know that it has for sure made me a better person and a better parent I would never want to cause anyone the pain I indured so I make sure to treat people better than I was treated and I do my best to be the kind of parent that I always wished I had. so even though it was hard to go through it is good that I did because I know how it feels to be hurt and alone and if I can keep someone from feeling that way I am going to.
  •  

RebeccaFog

Quote from: Jessie_Heart on September 24, 2007, 01:20:13 AM
Quote from: Ell on September 23, 2007, 11:33:56 PM

-ell

I also had a somewhat hard childhood and I know that it has for sure made me a better person and a better parent I would never want to cause anyone the pain I indured so I make sure to treat people better than I was treated and I do my best to be the kind of parent that I always wished I had. so even though it was hard to go through it is good that I did because I know how it feels to be hurt and alone and if I can keep someone from feeling that way I am going to.

Also, you know you have survived.  So you know you will continue to survive.

Thanks for calling be Rebecca, Ell.  I bet that confuses some people, but it reminds me of where my heart is at.
  •  

Suzy

If there is anything usable on me, I'd like for someone else to benefit.  From there on out, it's just a matter of how quickly things decompose.  I know, however, that some need to see a body to bring closure and to grieve.  So if there are strong feelings in that respect, I would be OK with it.

Kristi
  •  

King Malachite

Freeze me.  If by some chance I could be resurrected in the future then I would like to have all as much of me in once piece as possible.  Just don't cremate me.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •