Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Watch me pull a rabbit outa my hat.....Again?

Started by Newgirl Dani, November 10, 2014, 08:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newgirl Dani

We all know the stage magician's main goal is to provide the audience with a focus point, affording the oppurtunity to follow thru with the 'trick'.  Well damn if I wasn't part of the tricked, and felt as though I was audience and not participant.  I myself spent almost 35 years in active addiction and now that I am approaching 19 yrs clean, the pieces to the puzzle are (at least in my estimation) coming together.  I just recently retired from spending the last 10+ years working in a lock down treatment center and have come to some of my own conclusions.  I am of the opinion now that addiction is the main tool for the political/corporation complex, and I by no means imply this to just drugs.  For the first time in my life (last 10-12 yrs) I have been tuned into TV.  There seems to be a very very interesting and complex magician 'focus' going on and I believe the American public through completely sinister planning has been 'tricked'.  One is by choice because we just want something good (TV, drugs, sports, multi-media games, etc in order to not see the bad.  Two, is that the bad is forced upon us because our personal power has been slowly stripped away from us (poverty, removing the middle class, income inequality, lack of true steps to get out, perpetuation of racial conflict.  The pay scale for addiction workers is barely an amount one can survive on, so the drug situation consistantly remains static.  This is good for the magician because there is a 'nice' appearance to the order of things, lots of police, attorneys, court systems, prisons, bail bondsmen, counselors, treatment centers, hospital staff, etc.. 
Now a ways back I mentioned that addiction was not alone in this tool box, I included TV, sports, video games etc., well none of these taken by themselves are intrinsically bad.  There comes a time though when all these things when thrown together poses the perfect storm for the magician.  The magician has this thing for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, and unfortuneately we allow it by looking the other way.
It is time to not bend over for them any longer and dig ourselves out of this pit one addiction at a time and with one voice yell so loud that it will be impossible to not be heard and for action to be taken.  They have taken our lives, our self respect, our ability to earn a decent wage, and by this...taken our ability to provide for our families, they have taken our clean water, our clean air, made us live on carcinogenogenic food and radiological nightmares.  This list can continue on as you well know at a very depressive length.  Is it any wonder why a person leaves treatment only to repeat, repeat, repeat?
There are many who stand behind this magician whose lives are not as ours. 

Many are the reasons to get clean and sober and only just one of them is to be clean and sober.  Dani
  •  

Newgirl Dani

Quote from: Hanazono on November 10, 2014, 10:31:55 PM
I believe in personal responsibility and making good, informed choices.

Yes Hanazono, I agree and I subscribe to both of those peresonal principles.  I started this thread though in order to show how the principle of 'social' responsibility that is to be directed towards the every day person (borders are not restrictions, I stated above the term 'America', not thinking about how this is a globally viewed forum) is lacking.  A diverted public attention is one iwhich provides the perfect breeding ground for certain agendas to play out.  A high degree of this attention is critical for the average person to channel themselves towards self betterment.  The prospect of being able to just survive while at the same time dealing with a huge life difficulty should not exist.  I am just trying to hold a light up to show others a glimpse of hope in there darkness, and I am able due to living in darkness for a very long time.  All to often while working in the drug treatment field there was an unspoken attraction between myself and the clients, because: 1. They could see my history without words needing to be said and, 2.  In these same eyes they could see the possibility of a future for themselves as well.  This is not a yay for me thing, it is that basic need for help, and the recognition when a lifeline is near.
The storyline of the stage magician is unfortuneately all too real, and far too many people live in desperation because the odds are stacked in favor of the people who have stolen our personnal power.  A society should never be reduced to such an all around and general feeling of hopelessness.  These people can be removed and replaced with caring, compassionate, and thoughtful ones, BUT only if we begin to extract ourselves from our own individual situations enough for the development of our 'voice' and the ability to make it be heard.    Dani
  •