Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

concerned for my safety

Started by populaceintwox, November 30, 2014, 12:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

populaceintwox

So a few months ago, there was an incident where some guy I didn't know was yelling some very nasty transphobic things at me. I was going on a walk on the walkway with my brother who is twelve. The guy was also calling me homophobic names. The guy was saying things that I don't even want to repeat.
I tried my best not give him a reaction. I ignored him, blocked him out, and had a random conversation with my brother.
To be honest, the incident made me so uncomfortable. I'm scared now to walk the walkway because I don't want to run into him again. He's bigger than me and I'm a smaller guy. I don't want to fight him. I took 6 years of self defense/karate classes, but I'm worried that he'll be stronger than me and it wouldn't be a fair fight.
I'm 20, not on T yet. I'm only 5'1 1/2" and 85 pounds. I'm also legally blind and a white cane user for independent travel.
I'm not the most masculine guy around but on that day it was very hot out, so I just threw on my nike shoes, gym shorts, and a college t-shirt.
If I ever have to deal with him again or if he threatens or harasses me again, I plan to get the police involved.
I NEVER walk alone at night time and I carry mace on me most of the time.
I live in a small conservative town in western PA.

So has anyone else had any incidents similar to mine? How did you cope or deal with it?
  •  

FTMax

It takes a special kind of jerk to mess with a small, blind guy. I think you're right to be concerned, BUT I also think you shouldn't let this interrupt your life.

How often did you walk on this walkway prior to this experience? I know you said you live in a small town and this guy wasn't known to you - is there a chance that he was visiting/not from around there? I don't think you should force yourself to be uncomfortable or walk out there alone, but I'd want to know if this is a regular hangout spot for the guy, or if he's since moved on.
T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com
  •  

suzifrommd

Wouldn't hurt to inform local law enforcement. They might have a few ideas. They might even know whom you're talking about and be willing to pay him a visit.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Trillium

Quote from: suzifrommd on November 30, 2014, 06:15:02 PM
Wouldn't hurt to inform local law enforcement. They might have a few ideas. They might even know whom you're talking about and be willing to pay him a visit.
I agree, he threatened you (whether indirect or not doesn't matter) it's best to report something like that and it's not only for yourself, the more incidents the police have to work with the more likely they'll come out and try to do something about it.
  •