Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

probably coming out tomorrow, really scared

Started by rachel89, August 06, 2015, 08:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rachel89

So earlier this week, i thought my parents knew for sure, i'm not entirely sure right now, but I had a breakdown and prepared to run away (it wasn't really that good of a plan, because i don't have any money  and barely any gas in the tank (not even $20). Anyway, i talked to the PFLAG leader in my area and discussed coming out. He thought it would be a good idea to involve my therapist in it. Anyways, I called my parents while I was at his house and asked them to visit the therapist with me. Unfortunately I somehow forgot to notify my therapist (irresponsible me), and I'm not sure if I am ready to come out yet because I can't just leave my parents if things go badly. I have no money, no job, and nowhere to stay if things go badly, or even if a little space is needed. this is really scary, what did I just get myself into?   

•  

jessica32

Jessica  >:-)
  •  

Dee Marshall

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

stephaniec

•  

armanddelange12

I know your struggle mine also dont know and will never accept it

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

•  

Laura_7

Well you might call your therapist and talk it all through with them.

well and here are some resources that might help:
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,193402.msg1724354.html#msg1724354

I like the twin explanation... people will be like their male/female twin, with still the same sense of humour...

And I'd say don't be nervous. Its also a matter of how things are said. If you don't push it and try to explain your feelings and needs without making reproaches you might go a long way.

If you feel like it there are helplines...
they also have a chat...
http://glnh.org/hotline/ (this is the national lgbt helpline)
http://translifeline.org

hugs
  •  

KimSails

I hope it goes (went?) well for you! 

If you're are reading this and you've not yet had the meeting, then I'd say to try your best to be calm and explain yourself an carefully and honestly as possible. After all, you are explaining your situation to two people who presumably love you and care about you.  You are explaining something about yourself that just plain *is*.  It is not something you've *chosen* to be.  You are (presumably) looking to figure out what steps/actions you need to take for your own happiness and sanity.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
-Unknown 

~~~~~/)~~~~~
  •