Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

wanting to loose weight due to acceptance of being trans

Started by awilliams1701, June 24, 2014, 11:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awilliams1701

It didn't take long for me to realize that there are some really amazing outfits to wear out there, but a lot of them are form fitting. I've known I was slightly overweight, but now that I've seen what I could look like, it makes me motivated to eat less. This actually seems to be working. I can wear things now I couldn't and its easier to wear things I could. I'm hoping that wearing corsets will help.

I'm curious to know if anyone else felt the need to loose weight for their new gender. I would also be curious to know how HRT will help or hurt with weight.
Ashley
  •  

Claire (formerly Magdalena)

Hi, :)

I had the same sort of thoughts as soon as I accepted transition was really a thing I could do. Some weeks go better than others, but I've lost 38lbs so far. About 65 more to lose to be at a "normal" weight for my height. I still have male muscle mass (so it's not only fat I have to lose) but I expect at least 40 more lbs of it is fat.  :icon_ashamed: I just didn't care about how I looked. I'm just happy I'm interested in life now, the weight loss is just a bonus.

They told me that E makes losing weight harder. The thing is that since I've gained so much happiness, I have more energy and more interest in just diving in to projects. I was told to expect the opposite, less energy and less pressure to compete. I guess I do have less pressure to compete, I don't care if anyone paints better than me. I enjoy it for the sake of it which I guess is the real difference.

I've fit into things I haven't worn in years. It's all still male stuff as that's how I'm choosing to present for now. Still, isn't it nice? Doesn't it make you feel good for everything to be loose and overly large on you? I'm a very long way from a slinky dress, but all the same, I'm loving it.  ;D

I'd rather see the world from another angle
We are everyday angels
Be careful with me 'cause I'd like to stay that way

•  

Wednesday

Happened to me, went from 224 lbs to 114 lbs. Maybe HRT is gonna make things a little harder but not that much.
"Witches were a bit like cats" - Terry Pratchett
  •  

intergrated_dispose

like an above poster, Ive lost 40 and need to lose another 60. Im obsessed with my weight more then ever.
  •  

ThePersona

I weigh 81 lbs and I constantly try to gain weight! I'm only 5'5" though (something I love now that I can present as female) and before HRT I was about 76 lbs and about a year ago I was around 140 lbs, at my heaviest I was 175 lbs and at my lightest I was 69 lbs.

I'm a recovering anorexic

It sucks.
3DS Name: Harrison (from pre-transition)
3DS friend code: 0791 3145 5772

Not sure if anyone really cares lol, if you add me just pm me with yours.

I pretty much only play Pokemon Y
  •  

awilliams1701

Unfortunately I don't know where I started at but I was 195 lbs last night. Being under 200 hasn't happened in many years.
Ashley
  •  

Carrie Liz

Try the paleo diet or the slow-carb diet if you want to lose weight.

I've been on these two intermittently for a year and a half now, and I've dropped from my start-of-HRT weight of 270 lbs all the way down to 213 while pretty much barely even trying, and definitely not sacrificing like some diets make you do. My friend Jenny did this diet also, after a whole lifetime of being overweight, and she went from 215 lbs down to 145 lbs in little over a year, which she's successfully maintained for over 2 years now with little effort. Try it! :)
  •  

awilliams1701

I looked up my idea weight and it says I should be in the 180's. I think that sounds a little on the high side, but not too much. So far just cutting back on how much I eat actually seems to work.
Ashley
  •  

Rawb

I can totally relate to the OP- Before I discovered that I was trans, I was just. I didn't give a crap how I looked or anything. I didn't like the body I was in, and I knew it wasn't because of the weight, but I didn't know what it really was until... When I discovered I was trans, it was like suddenly everything fell into place and now I actually take care of myself, and when I look at myself in the mirror I think "GUY!" and I just get this stupid grin on my face.

And now that I know what I am, I feel so much more comfortable with myself, and looking after myself is so much less of a chore. And I want to lose weight and I want to build muscle, because I want to be a hot guy  xD  I finally FINALLY get to be ME, so I want to be the best me that I can.
  •  

Ms Grace

Quote from: awilliams1701 on July 14, 2014, 07:16:11 PM
I looked up my idea weight and it says I should be in the 180's. I think that sounds a little on the high side, but not too much. So far just cutting back on how much I eat actually seems to work.
Did you check ideal weight for male or female? Yes the lower end of the female weight/height range as your target.

Eating smaller servings and the right kind of exercise will help. Keep in mind that HRT can sometimes drive weight back up so best to drop as much as possible off before you get underway.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Sabine

As a follow on to what Ms Grace suggested, this site has both BMI and ideal weight calculators (as there are more than one), but also explains the peculiarities and limits of them. I found it helpful.

http://www.halls.md/body-mass-index/bmi.htm
  •  

Eevee

Ick. Weight has always been an issue for me. I guess I'm not really overweight (for a guy), but I've always struggled to be even slightly motivated about working out in any way. When I was in the military, I was constantly put under strict workout routines because I couldn't do it on my own. I just never had the energy to put into it, nor did I want to be big and strong. I'm hoping that as a woman I will be much more interested in keeping fit for the body type I actually prefer. I'll actually care about what I look like and I won't be so damn depressed all the time. We'll see how things go for me in the next couple years.

Eevee

Because its genetic makeup is irregular, it quickly changes its form due to a variety of causes.

•  

awilliams1701

Yeah I didn't care too much about what I looked like until now.

I looked up idea based on frame not gender. I have a large frame (fingers do not touch when wrapped around wrists) and height of 6'.

I just tried again with one that uses gender. It says 130-180. 130 sounds a bit low to me. I think 160-170 would probably be ideal. I think it has more to do with not having a bulging stomach. I've been told a few years ago that I looked pregnant. It bothered me but not enough to do anything about it.
Ashley
  •  

Emily1996

I'm 5'5'' and 142 lbs I want to lose 40 lbs D: but it's so hard  :'(. I know it's easier to lose weight before hrt though
  •  

StevieAK

I hated myself before I started and didnt take care of myself and was heavy.  Now I love me and want to take care of myself and I lost almost a 100 pounds and want to do twenty more.  I do Bob Harper Yoga with my wife and eat paleo, not religeously as there are the martini's on occation and or a great dinner date with my wife or friends.
  •  

Dani Davis

10 years ago I weighed 175 at 5 foot, 11 inches.  I won't say how heavy I got, but in an act of desperation, I went to my doc and said I needed help, do something.  After two months of required preliminaries he prescribed what I can only call the wonder drug - Phentermine.  In 2 months I have lost almost 50 pounds, feel GREAT and have more energy than I have had in years! 

If you look it up online, you will see testimony after testimony from people whose lives have been changed by it.  Some folks lose 50 pounds or more in a  single month.  Like all things pharma, it must be monitored by your doc.  I have to keep a log book of daily BP readings and my diet.  I take it to him once a month so he can take a look at it, check me over and then I get a refill.

And yes, I am so looking forward to fitting into some real fun clothes soon!
There are few limits - just unexplored options.
Mariette Pathy Allen
Author of Transformations
  •  

Amore34

As days get closer to actually starting HRT I'm now filled with hope and love for myself; feelings I haven't had in such a long time.  Finally starting to take good care of my body; eating balanced meals and working out daily.  At the moment I'm 5'4 and 150 lbs, trying to get to 120-125 by the end of the year.  I've been on the P90x lean routine for 6 weeks and have noticed excellent changes so far.
  •  

AnonyMs

Quote from: Dani Davis on July 26, 2014, 12:40:15 PM
10 years ago I weighed 175 at 5 foot, 11 inches.  I won't say how heavy I got, but in an act of desperation, I went to my doc and said I needed help, do something.  After two months of required preliminaries he prescribed what I can only call the wonder drug - Phentermine.  In 2 months I have lost almost 50 pounds, feel GREAT and have more energy than I have had in years! 

If you look it up online, you will see testimony after testimony from people whose lives have been changed by it.  Some folks lose 50 pounds or more in a  single month.  Like all things pharma, it must be monitored by your doc.  I have to keep a log book of daily BP readings and my diet.  I take it to him once a month so he can take a look at it, check me over and then I get a refill.
I've been on Phentermine (prescribed) for the last couple of months or so, and it is pretty amazing. I think its also somewhat dangerous and you want to be very careful how you use it.

I want to lose weight quickly, taking advantage of a level of motivation I've not felt in years (the wonders of estrogen and hope).

It massively reduces my hunger so that its quite easy to go on a very strict diet. Normally I find that very very difficult; I like food a lot. If I increase the dosage I find it hard to eat anything at all - one mouthful and I really don't want to take a second. Food becomes a duty rather than a pleasure. At the same time it gives me a lot of energy and ability to focus on work. I find I get dizzy sometimes though lack of food, and I'm afraid to drive like this. Once I upped the dose and felt a bit like I was floating, and that wasn't lack of food. That's not safe, but luckily its not a problem for my current lifestyle. I've had several other side effects, but they are unpleasant rather than dangerous.

I started of with a very low dose and even at that point the side effects can be noticeable. If I took a normal dosage I'd be afraid of what would happen (I'm sure I'd be completely dysfunctional, if not quite ill). At the same time I find I'm slowly building a tolerance and I need to very slowly increase the dosage back to normal. I can see that at some point its going to stop working, and doctors are not supposed to prescribe it long term. I intend to get the full benefit of using it before that happens.

I'm tracking my weight daily, and I can easily see the effect of what I eat the day before. It helps with motivation, and also experimenting with diet. I feel the time pressure of when I have to stop, so I want to get the most out of it as fast as possible.

There are a lot of testimonials online by people who have great success with phentermine, but there's also a great many by people who wish they'd never heard of it. Personally I think you need to go it into with very clear expectations and a definite plan, otherwise its not going to work out very well. There's a reason I was overweight in the first place, and without fixing that I'd put everything back on as soon as I stopped taking phentermine.
  •  

awilliams1701

The GP Doctor weighed me in around 180 and said its too much.
Yesterday the Endo weighed me in at 178 which is the lowest its ever been in probably 8 years.
I think 9 years ago I was probably 140 as a starving college student. I think most of my weight gain was the shock of going from starving college student to being decently paid and being able to eat what I wanted.
Ashley
  •  

TSJasmine

Quote from: Wednesday on July 10, 2014, 06:41:24 AM
Happened to me, went from 224 lbs to 114 lbs. Maybe HRT is gonna make things a little harder but not that much.

HOW. THE. F**K. What's your secret??
  •