Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Blonde eyelashes and the tyranny of eyeliner

Started by Zoe the Obscure, August 12, 2014, 01:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoe the Obscure

I wonder if anyone else has this issue.  I have blonde eyelashes, so when i put on mascara and eyeliner there is always this visible gap between the two. 

Does anyone have any tips about how to deal with this problem?
  •  

sophiesogood

Have exactly the same problem, blonde roots!

Saw a guy (makeup artist) on youtube suggesting using an eyelash comb to apply mascara rather than the brush, I guess that would work but I haven't managed to get myself a comb  yet. Or how about a flat stiff brush to 'push' the mascara on to the lashes?

Most days, not out yet, I use clear mascara to keep the bristles under control, they do appear slightly darker too.
  •  

Jessica Merriman

•  

Zoe the Obscure

I found liquid eyeliner to be a pig to use.  I did a bit of searching and have heard gel eyeliners are a good solution.  I will buy some and get back to you on that.  The lash comb sounds promising, but i imagine it would take some finesse for it to look right.  That being said i suppose all makeup require finesse, curse these clumsy stumps i have for hands. :)
  •  

DarkFrost

I've been using L'Oreal Super Liner Blackbuster-eyeliner for a while now and I love it. It's like a marker pen and for me it has been easy to hide the white area (I have very pale face and definitely not dark eye lashes).
  •  

Zoe the Obscure

•  

NoelleTh88

You could also try some lighter colored eyeliner, oh and I also use gel liner, it goes on really smooth, but it's harder to smudge off if you make a mistake.
  •  

antonia

• Start with a pen and make all outlines and tearline on upper lid, then follow up with liquid or gel.
  • Use a soft pencil, start with the lower lash line, work your way from the center of the lid to the sides.
  •  

HelloHeidi

You might consider eyelash tinting. I know many salons offer this service. I'm not sure on methods and pricing, but thought it might be worth looking into for you.  ^-^
  •  

spooky

Tightlining might help you with this problem.  Hourglass recently came out with a product specifically for tightlining that may be a good beginner-friendly way of doing it.
:icon_chick:
  •  

dbscott

I agree you may tint your eyelash if its white. If you have problem with blonde eyelashes, I also have a shorter eyelashes. I want to make it thicker and fuller. I am currently using castor oil for eyelashes. My friend in a salon advice me to try it since its purely natural. Right now, I can see it is working for me. For your eyeliner issues, I suggest liquid eyeliner can be of help.
  •  

spooky

Quote from: Hanazono on November 16, 2014, 05:26:40 PM
if tighlining is the same thing as getting right into the wet part of the eyelid area really close to the lash root,

then the gap between eyeliner and lash will be much reduced, but at the expense of discomfort of applying onto a mucosal surface. It not fun. I attended a makeup seminar on Korean style makeup and they use wetlining (their term ) to get really close to the lashes so that the makeup is very very subtle

That's not quite what tightlining is.  You're aiming to get product between the lashes themselves, right at the root, but not on your waterline.  Sounds like it's exactly what your makeup seminar went over.
:icon_chick:
  •