Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

brain, or body

Started by Ms Bev, August 28, 2007, 11:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

would you change your body to match your brain, i.e., mtf or ftm, or your brain to match your body if you had a choice?

I would only match my body with my brain
40 (81.6%)
I would only match my brain with my body
4 (8.2%)
I don't know
2 (4.1%)
I would not do either, I would stay the wrong brain/gender combination
3 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Ms Bev

I actually read this question elsewhere, but I think it's an interesting question.  What would you do?
1.) If you're skating on thin ice, you might as well dance. 
Bev
2.) The more I talk to my married friends, the more I
     appreciate  having a wife.
Marcy
  •  

Melissa

Well, it's kind of a moot point now since my body is pretty much female, but either way I like my brain, so I'd keep it. ;)
  •  

Nero

I have to change my body, even if brain changing was an option. I think I would've rather been a REAL girl than a boy born a girl, if I'd had the choice at birth.
I don't know though. I am one of those romantics who believes in destiny.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

no_id

I wouldn't do either.

Perhaps a more uncommon choice, but I see it this way:
Despite the frustration, the pain, the battle -- they are experiences I learn from: they are building blocks for the every changing and developing person I am. You cannot get answers for questions you never ask. A lá cliché: wisdom is power, and I know that the path I'm on, despite rocky, is one that will make me stronger; is one that will tutor me about subjects I may have never known about otherwise. I would do neither, this is who I am and I will fight, bleed, hurt and cry, but also one day achieve the liberation, and experience the gratitude, self-sufficiency and satisfaction at the end of the road.  8)

Heck, I'm young. What did you expect? ;)
  •  

aineko

I'd take the path that turns off the necessity of doing this.
It's been a huge, ugly, unpleasant pain in the ass to cope with it emotionally, to deal with moving forwards, etc.

That said, now that I've actually handled most of it, meh. I'll stay where I'm at. I've had a lot of fun and I've gotten the whole arrangement thing fixed.
  •  

Ms Bev

Quote from: no_id on August 28, 2007, 12:19:53 PM

I would expect that your brain and endocrine system, along with your life experiences may (or may not) drive you to a different path when you are older.
heck, I'm an old translady.  what did you expect?  ;D

Bev
1.) If you're skating on thin ice, you might as well dance. 
Bev
2.) The more I talk to my married friends, the more I
     appreciate  having a wife.
Marcy
  •  

Jay

I would only match my brain with my body

•  

no_id

Quote from: Beverly on August 28, 2007, 12:26:50 PM
Quote from: no_id on August 28, 2007, 12:19:53 PM

I would expect that your brain and endocrine system, along with your life experiences may (or may not) drive you to a different path when you are older.
heck, I'm an old translady.  what did you expect?  ;D

Bev

Lol possibly ;D
Currently, for me it's very simple:
If someone came up to me and handed me a pill and told me I could have the exact body to fit my gender by simply swallowing I would kick them out of my house and send my dogs after 'm.

Life's a battle, I like things the hard way (plus, chicks dig scars..).. Nevertheless, I definitely ain't ready yet to adopt irreversible changes. (I'm null-gendered so it's all rather tricky as well). Ask me again if a few years ;)
  •  

tinkerbell

My brain, my soul, my spirit, my essence is female.  I AM female.  I could never change who I AM (I wouldn't want to).  The only alternative for me was to change my body to fit the above, and I would definitely do it all over again in a second. :)

tink :icon_chick:
  •  

Christine Eryn

No contest, body with brain.
"There was a sculptor, and he found this stone, a special stone. He dragged it home and he worked on it for months, until he finally finished. When he was ready he showed it to his friends and they said he had created a great statue. And the sculptor said he hadn't created anything, the statue was always there, he just cleared away the small peices." Rambo III
  •  

Tay

I'd match my brain to my body.

I want so badly to be a girl, not an androgyne.  I want to live in everyone's precious binary.  But it isn't gonna happen, is it?
  •  

Shana A

Although it hasn't been easy having my internal gender different from external body, I am the person I am because of my experiences. So I choose to just keep what I got... ask me again next week, who knows what I'll say then  ::)

Zythyra
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

jeanmarie

If there was a pill to get rid of GID I will part take in the clinical trails....
  •  

chillin

I voted that I keep the wrong gender externally/ wrong brain sex. I have thought FFS but its too scary not having that bond with men and having women socailizing with you like you are one of the girls plus having to have a female feel to your voice I can't see changing my voice.
  •  

katia

•