Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Do you think Freddy Mercury Would have been transgender today?

Started by CaptFido87, May 05, 2015, 10:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptFido87

Hi folks!

So I was recently listening to music and looking at art from bands. I came across a few pictures of Freddy Mercury dressed as a woman. Now I've known that he and his comrades have dressed in drag before for photo shoots. I know Mercury said he enjoyed wearing woman's clothing. Also we know he was secretly gay as well. Now Mix those into current day trends and you have yourself a cross dresser/ Transgender person. Well he had the cross dressing down. I'm thinking that had he probably still be here, he would definitely be transgender and become a woman. Everything about it makes sense to me.

What do you folks think about it?
Hi I'm Marty. I'm a MTF Transgender who wants nothing more than to finally let Samantha (Sammi) come out and play.

As of: 03/07/2015
  •  

katrinaw

Wow...

Wild guess but I am sure it would've been in the mind?

Damn good performer though, still remember the passion of their music!

L Katy
Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •  

kelly_aus

Steve Tyler from Aerosmith has admitted to wearing women's clothes on a number of occasions, this doesn't make me question his gender in any way..

As for Freddy Mercury? I doubt it, his being gay was never really a secret. And as we should all know, sexual preference and gender are not the same thing.

Are we going to start asking questions about all the members of 80's hair rock bands? You know, like Twisted Sister, Motley Crue, Warrant..

Hell, even Axl Rose used to have long hair and run around in a kilt..
  •  

katrinaw

Quote from: kelly_aus on May 05, 2015, 11:45:36 PM
Steve Tyler from Aerosmith has admitted to wearing women's clothes on a number of occasions, this doesn't make me question his gender in any way..

As for Freddy Mercury? I doubt it, his being gay was never really a secret. And as we should all know, sexual preference and gender are not the same thing.

Are we going to start asking questions about all the members of 80's hair rock bands? You know, like Twisted Sister, Motley Crue, Warrant..

Hell, even Axl Rose used to have long hair and run around in a kilt..

Fair comment.... And yes he was very open, but as he died so early, who knows ?

L Katy
Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •  

Mariah

Considering some of Queens music it does kind of make you wonder. I agree he died way to young to really know, but it's an interesting question to ask.
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

Ms Grace

Just like we don't like people trying to second guess our gender identity based on "things" I really don't believe we should be doing it with other people, regardless of who they were and things they may have done in public. To do so means we start second guessing everyone about stuff that may not be true. Maybe he was and maybe he wasn't but that is his business. Freddie took that to his grave.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

CaptFido87

Well interesting thoughts folks, I guess it is hard to truly say. Sure a lot of other musicians did dress is drag a lot on stage, but to me I feel it was part of the icona persona of it all. When you get out on stage your ego takes over and you can do anything. Freddy is the only musician who've I've ever seen actually embraced it. I guess the world will never know unless we can somehow revive him and bring him back to life. Interesting thought on the mind
Hi I'm Marty. I'm a MTF Transgender who wants nothing more than to finally let Samantha (Sammi) come out and play.

As of: 03/07/2015
  •  

CalmRage

i thought that about Freddie as well (because his phases kind of match the denial phases often seen, first the girly dressup and makeup between 1972-1977, where he slowly became this excessively macho type, that seemed forced at times), but if there was a possibility he wasn't cis, i see him more as the non-binary type. One thing is for sure though:

Fred was a cool cat (no pun intended).

BTW, listen to the song "Son And Daughter" from the first Queen album.
  •  

amber roskamp

Quote from: CaptFido87 on May 05, 2015, 10:47:53 PM
Hi folks!

So I was recently listening to music and looking at art from bands. I came across a few pictures of Freddy Mercury dressed as a woman. Now I've known that he and his comrades have dressed in drag before for photo shoots. I know Mercury said he enjoyed wearing woman's clothing. Also we know he was secretly gay as well. Now Mix those into current day trends and you have yourself a cross dresser/ Transgender person. Well he had the cross dressing down. I'm thinking that had he probably still be here, he would definitely be transgender and become a woman. Everything about it makes sense to me.

What do you folks think about it?

I really don't know. He might just be a queen lol.
  •  

amber roskamp

Quote from: Ms Grace on May 06, 2015, 02:05:39 AM
Just like we don't like people trying to second guess our gender identity based on "things" I really don't believe we should be doing it with other people, regardless of who they were and things they may have done in public. To do so means we start second guessing everyone about stuff that may not be true. Maybe he was and maybe he wasn't but that is his business. Freddie took that to his grave.

^^^^^ this
  •  

CalmRage

now i'm mad. why? because i just had some of my queen obsession out of my system. i cut my listening time down a bit to get some variation. I'm right now in a listening phase where i constantly listen to Bob Dylan's "Lily, Rosemary And The Jack Of Hearts". Now i want to get out my "Sheer Heart Attack" album again and sing along. I've learned how to sing more smoothly and strengthened my falsetto for the album closer which is just a magnificent tune.

Caps show usage of falsetto (not belting, just so we're clear)

"It's so EASYYY, but i can't do it, so RISKYYYYY, but i gotta chance it, so FUNNYYYYYY, but there's nothing to laugh about, my MONEYYYYYYY, is all you wanna talk about, i can't SEEEEE, what you WANTTTT, MEEE TOO BEEE, but i'm no foooool, it's in the lap of the gods" (cue epic multitracked refrain)

"There's no BEGINNINGGGG, there's no ENDINGGGGGG, there's no MEANINGGG, in my pretending, BELIEVEEEEE MEEEE, life goes on and on and (intake of breath), forGIVVVVVE MEEEEE, when i ask you where do I BELONNGGGG, YOU SAY I, CAN, NEVER SET YOU FREE, but that's not true, it's in the lap of the gods"

(cue epic multitracked refrain)

One of my favorite tunes.

Sorry for my rambling and even posting here, but Queen IMO is one of the best bands of all time. Brian May's brilliant guitar playing. Freddie's vocals and piano playing. Roger's drumming. John's funky bass and all four's great compositions.

•  

V M

Freddie was Freddie, a spectabulous, awesomystical and unique individual who will be loved, missed and will live on in the hearts and minds of the millions of those who admired him and his great theatremusical talents

He did come out as gay and he did crossdress, both of which are included and covered under the Trans Umbrella

How he personally identified is his business     

LONG LIVE FREDDIE!!!
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Cindy

I very rarely post as Admin with a request or advisory.

As a person who grew up in Freddie's era, loving him, dealing with the issues at a time that if you were Gay you would be crucified in the English press, and goddess help you if you were trans I suggest; no I will ask, that we leave this beautiful man's spirit to rest; without innuendo, without comment, but with profound love.

Let us just remember him for what he was.

Gorgeous. Flawed, Briliant and...

Just unique.

With my respect to him, my love for him,

I lock this thread but I do so with request, not action.

Cindy.
  •  

Tessa James

Quote from: Zóôt Threepwood on May 10, 2015, 06:42:46 AM

Sorry for my rambling and even posting here, but Queen IMO is one of the best bands of all time. Brian May's brilliant guitar playing. Freddie's vocals and piano playing. Roger's drumming. John's funky bass and all four's great compositions.

Thank you for the video post.  Freddy and Queen are awesome.  I feel this site is better for the cross sharing and appreciate hearing from the guys, so thanks again and please keep it up since, as your know, "We are the Champions my  friend!
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

mmmmm

Quote from: Cindy on May 10, 2015, 08:15:09 AM
I lock this thread but I do so with request, not action.

Cindy.

I also think it would be much more appropriate to lock this thread... and open an appreciation thread instead.
  •  

topit

i'd like to point out that dear freddie identified as bisexual and not gay, for one of his longest relationships was with Mary Austin
  •