Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

curious, first full clear

Started by Mai, November 23, 2014, 10:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mai

just curious.  about how many hours of electrolysis would it take to do a first full clear on a moderate beard?

trying to figure out some more parts to my planning
  •  

XiaoMei

I'm on IPL and it's said to take about 6-8 sessions, though because I had really thick hair it could take me as much as 10 sessions.

It has been extremely effective for me so far and I'm happy with the results! I wouldn't know too much about electrolysis, but I hope you can make some kind of comparison with IPL. It is only $80 each per session for your face in IPL (the chest is 398$ each), though I cannot say the same for electrolysis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

StevieAK

First full clear for me was in phoenix...32 hours total in two days...double techs and pure hell..injections, blood, pain...standing in the waiting room trying to pay when done while 10 women stared...yeh..
  •  

XiaoMei

@StevieAK; that sounds horrible! With IPL the most you get is some redness in your face. I can't be too sure what other places are like since I live in a small town, so I have no problems with anyone staring at me (because no one is ever waiting).

@Mai; I'd recommend doing a test with electrolysis first to see if it'd work out for you. With IPL you get a free test on your face with 3 different settings. Low, medium, and high. If you get a reaction then it's not for you. You'd probably get less relations with electrolysis, but it does seem more painful and like a lot of mess. (Don't get me wrong, IPL is very painful, and it takes about 60 zaps per session, I always have a few tears going down my face because of the pain. The neck area and under the chin is the worst!!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  •  

Seras

Yesterday with a top quality electrolysis tech I did 3 and a half hours of electrolysis. We covered the whole goatee area. From top lip to bottom edge of chin and in a diagonal down to my jaw. Pretty much atm the only hair on my face is on the side a la "mutton chops" and on the neck. We took only 2 tiny breaks to get a drink/toilet whatever. She was impressed by my pain tolerance and I must admit my eyes were watering especially on the lips.

No pain no gain yo and I wanted to get my moneys worth. I reckon another 4 hours to cover it, maybe that is optimistic, but this bit I just had done is known as the most painful part so it is smooth sailing from here. Plus it is some of the densest facial hair, so maybe not overly optimistic. She is expensive though.
  •