Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Humor In Uniform

Started by BeverlyAnn, August 25, 2016, 11:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeverlyAnn

Reader's Digest had a very popular section called Humor In Uniform with funny stories from the military.  Since we have a large number of former military here, there should be some humorous stories we can share.  I'll start it off with a story from my Navy A School days. 

The Base Exchange at Naval Air Technical Training Center Memphis cashed paychecks and every payday there was a long line out onto the sidewalk leading up to the door. I was standing in line one day and an obviously just out of boot camp sailor (issue dungarees, no shape to his white hat, short hair, etc.) walks down the sidewalk along side the street and passes a Marine Warrant Officer heading the other direction with no salute.
The Warrant Officer turns around and yells, "Hey you!"
Sailor, "Me?"
WO, "Yeah you! Come here!"
Sailor walks back to the WO, "Yeah?"
WO, "Boy, how long have you been in the Navy?"
Sailor, "Three months."
WO, "Then pop tall (words of emphasis added)!"
Sailor comes to attention.
WO, "Boy, didn't they teach you to salute officers in boot camp?"
Sailor looking puzzled at the red pips on the WO's insignia, "Yes sir, but I didn't know we had to salute Red Cross officers."
(Every sailor in the line is laughing)
(Warrant Officer begins turning a shade of red to match his bars and at this point I will not repeat the remainder of the Warrant Officer's highly colorful conversation to avoid being banned)

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde

•