Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Well, today I plunged into the deep end......

Started by Miss_Bungle1991, December 01, 2014, 04:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss_Bungle1991

....and I....bought a purse.  :D :D It's quite funny, actually. I've been on HRT since 10/7/07. I changed my name on 12/1/08. I had an orchi in 2010 and I changed my gender marker in 2011. So, NOW I do this.  :D It is going to be quite funny to see how the others in my family react. "Ummmm, LAURA, we're not sure if we are comfortable with this. Honey..Sweetie..taking female hormones, changing to a GIRL'S name, having your testicles removed. That is one thing. But, THIS is another matter altogether."  :D :D The ironic thing is that I have two make up bags in it. NONE OF THEM CONTAIN ANY MAKE UP!  :D One had a pair of collapsible headphones. (Testing them out right now. Not bad for $10 at Big Lots. They also included a pair of earbuds...ewww) The other make up bag contains various chargers, my cell phone and my MP3 player. Honestly, I never really felt the need to carry a purse. I just used a women's wallet, (finding a small one was a chore in itself), and that was all I need. But there started to be times where I needed a bag for certain situations. So, now, that time has arrived.
  •  

Jill F

I noticed that if you put two purses in your closet, they begin to multiply.  I lost count of them ages ago.
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

Actually, I plan on keeping that very minimal. I tend to dress very plain (tops, jeans, sneakers). So, I don't plan on having a million bags. A few maybe. But it may not get to the double digits.
  •  

Indoctrinated

Quote from: Jill F on December 01, 2014, 04:10:30 PM
I noticed that if you put two purses in your closet, they begin to multiply.  I lost count of them ages ago.
I second that!

It's actually embarassing to share but years before HRT I had been nicknamed messenger at work thanks to the bag I had *always* with me.
"Freedom, I must say,
Exists within unconditioned minds"

Dead Can Dance - Indoctrination (A Design for Living)
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

Well, tonight was fine. No one batted an eye. Although my Mom did say: "You never carry a purse."  :D Then when I explained that I needed one for this & that, she said: "Well, you will get tired of that. You will end up with too much junk in it."  :D Then I explained that I will never have anything like make-up, jewelry, 10 tons of spare change in it, etc. I plan on sticking to that rule.
  •  

LoriLorenz

The few times I have been forced to carry a purse I have loathed it! But then, I'm going in the opposite direction from you. ;) My favourite money related item is the leather wallet I bought in Italy, and I will care not how many strange looks I may have gotten over the years, as a genetic female carrying a "man's" wallet.

Keep to your guns on making sure there's not too much junk in that purse of yours, they get rather hefty if you're not careful!
  •  

LizMarie

As MTF, getting a purse and not having to face condemnation for it was liberating! Sure, I can grab a clutch purse or even a wallet and go, if I have to. But I have 3 pairs of glasses, all prescription - regular for driving, reading, and sunglasses. And I need all three. A purse handles that alone amazingly. Add in checkbook, wallet, lipstick, makeup, a couple pens, house keys, car keys, and a cell phone and... well, there you are! :)

Good for those of you who can manage without a purse. I'm glad I have mine!
The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.

~ Cara Elizabeth
  •