Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Hair pictures

Started by orangejuice, December 07, 2014, 04:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangejuice

Just wondering what the absolute best case hair scenario is that I could expect from hormones?

My history is I'm 25, I had the thickest hair ever until I was 18 when it started falling out at an alarming rate.  I took finasteride for 3 years which slowed my loss drastically but not completely. I was off finasteride from 23-25 but I have recently just started back on it as well as using minoxidil.

Some of these are flattering, some are unflattering. Pretty much can't stand to look at those ones.
  •  

Ms Grace

Are you on HRT or soon to be? I think you'll find that in combo with minoxidil you should have no problems growing a nice lush head of hair.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

orangejuice

Hi Grace, thanks for the reply again! seems like you are looking after everyone on here! No I'm basically trying to decide if I want it or not. If I could snap my fingers and look like a girl I'd do it in a second but right now I don't think I could transition. But I know that's because I have a tonne of fear about what I'd look like. If I saw a picture of what I would look like 5 years from now and I liked it I think I would go through all the trauma of transitioning anyway. Basically I'm trying to figure out what is just fear and what is what I really want.
  •  

Ms Grace

Transition or not, you're going to have to confront those fears - otherwise you'll spend the next however many years wondering if it would have worked. I had a chance at age 23 and imploded over a two year period, that was largely due to lack of confidence and lack of professional support...by all counts I was totally passable but wouldn't believe it. I am utterly amazed that my transition has worked this time, twenty five years later, but I really needed to confront my fears about potentially not passing and what it meant to be trans. I had to believe in myself and not be afraid. If 23 year old me could only see me today! But that alas is not a luxury any of us has so we just need to be guided by who we know ourselves to be, denying that self just leads to misery. :)
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

orangejuice

Ye I'm realising that happiness with this whole deal is attitude, but I'll be honest I'm a little scared that I'm not that type of person. You have to own who you are. I get that. When I came out to myself a few months ago I felt that way for a little while, I am who I am and I'm happy type thing, but it quickly went away. I'm trying to get into that way of thinking again but its hard and even if I can sometimes I feel like how hard transitioning would be I would have to be that way ALL the time, and that type of confidence just doesn't come naturally to me. The opposite in fact. But hey I'll keep trying.

I just wish I could know what I would look like or even if hormones worked in such a way that I could change a tiny bit each day and keep going if I liked it but without coming out to anyone until I was sure I was going to go all the way.
  •