Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The official "You look fabulous, darling!" 6.0

Started by V M, December 07, 2014, 08:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K Style Addiction

All I can say is that my life is pretty plain, I like watchin' the puddles gather rain.

Despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat in a cage
  •  

V M

Quote from: misty2 on December 22, 2014, 12:14:12 PM

I have posted a video of my stand-comedy performance two nights ago in Southern Florida. Keep in mind the average age in Collier County is 68. Yes, 68. So at 51 years old - I am young. The crowd had a few young people but, when I looked at the crowd, the average age of the crowd was pretty close to the average age of the area. 

So, my point, this is a very conservative part of, not just the USA but also, Florida. I did alter my routine a little because of that... I can be much darker. But, I think we have to admit, the reception I receive is warm.

I appreciate candid feedback. I know that my voice is masculine and I am trying to decide how (or if) to address it. Also, I know some of my movements are still very strong. But, I think those never give me away anymore. When I get clocked - it is my voice . I have a worn a tank dress about 2 previous times in my life. Wearing this on stage was to directly address my insecurity with my shoulders and arms. (As if just being on stage is not scary enough... it is.)

Next, I want to write again. There are pockets of the world that are ready to accept women that were mistakenly categorized men at birth... as attractive interesting human beings. We do not have hide like we did 20 (or even 10 years ago.)

Finally, about the comedy itself. I wrote it, of course. If anyone one finds it offensive to transgender people please lets have a discussion. In addition to making people laugh, my goal is to help others see us more like the wonderful, fun people, we are (and... if you have any comic fodder, or tips, please share!)

Lastly, yes, a guy was hitting on me before the show. And yes, in those situations I do reveal that I am transgender. His eyes got big, he took a long pause, he took a deep breath and he kept taking to me. He was very polite. And no, he did not whisper to himself like I said in the last joke! I had that joke written two weeks ago!

Here is the link:

If you think it is worth sharing, feel free to share it. I hid for nearly 50 years. That time is over.

Kind Regards, Danielle

I think your voice is fine and I rather enjoyed the show  8)

Hugs
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

rosinstraya

Great stuff Danielle! Wonder if they got all the "dark" humour? You do indeed kick a significant amount of derrière with your show, as I never said in England.

Hats off!  :) :)
[table][tr][td]

[/td][td]

[/td][/tr][/table]
  •  

Brenda E

Quote from: V M on December 22, 2014, 05:49:12 PM
I think your voice is fine and I rather enjoyed the show  8)

Absolutely agreed.  Voice is not an issue.

I too enjoyed the show - cleverly done, I thought.  The last joke was awesome by the way.
  •  

Unrepentant

I appreciate candid feedback. I know that my voice is masculine and I am trying to decide how (or if) to address it. Also, I know some of my movements are still very strong. But, I think those never give me away anymore. When I get clocked - it is my voice . I have a worn a tank dress about 2 previous times in my life. Wearing this on stage was to directly address my insecurity with my shoulders and arms. (As if just being on stage is not scary enough... it is.)
Kind Regards, Danielle

Wow! You look fabulous! But you are right about the voice. I hope you don't mind me being candid. I closed my eyes, that's what I heard.
telling the truth is likely to make one less popular.
but i am UNREPENTANT
  •  

Wynternight

I loved the act, Dani. You are very brave, far braver than I.

Anna Bolton, You are stunning. From your luxurious hair to your tapered chin. With a gorgeous smile along the way.

I have posted a video of my stand-comedy performance two nights ago in Southern Florida. Keep in mind the average age in Collier County is 68. Yes, 68. So at 51 years old - I am young. The crowd had a few young people but, when I looked at the crowd, the average age of the crowd was pretty close to the average age of the area. 

So, my point, this is a very conservative part of, not just the USA but also, Florida. I did alter my routine a little because of that... I can be much darker. But, I think we have to admit, the reception I receive is warm.

Next, I want to write again. There are pockets of the world that are ready to accept women that were mistakenly categorized men at birth... as attractive interesting human beings. We do not have hide like we did 20 (or even 10 years ago.)

Finally, about the comedy itself. I wrote it, of course. If anyone one finds it offensive to transgender people please lets have a discussion. In addition to making people laugh, my goal is to help others see us more like the wonderful, fun people, we are (and... if you have any comic fodder, or tips, please share!)

Lastly, yes, a guy was hitting on me before the show. And yes, in those situations I do reveal that I am transgender. His eyes got big, he took a long pause, he took a deep breath and he kept taking to me. He was very polite. And no, he did not whisper to himself like I said in the last joke! I had that joke written two weeks ago!

Here is the link:

If you think it is worth sharing, feel free to share it. I hid for nearly 50 years. That time is over.

Kind Regards, Danielle
Stooping down, dipping my wings, I came into the darkly-splendid abodes. There, in that formless abyss was I made a partaker of the Mysteries Averse. LIBER CORDIS CINCTI SERPENTE-11;4

HRT- 31 August, 2014
FT - 7 Sep, 2016
VFS- 19 October, 2016
FFS/BA - 28 Feb, 2018
SRS - 31 Oct 2018
  •  

Monica Jean

"Bruce Jenner was on the front of a Wheaties box . What little boy didn't want to grow up and be like Bruce Jenner?  I finally did it!" 

I'm LOLing hysterically!   GREAT line!!
  •  

Wynternight

Quote from: michelle1 on December 23, 2014, 03:46:53 PM
"Bruce Jenner was on the front of a Wheaties box . What little boy didn't want to grow up and be like Bruce Jenner?  I finally did it!" 

Yes! That line had me in tears!!
Stooping down, dipping my wings, I came into the darkly-splendid abodes. There, in that formless abyss was I made a partaker of the Mysteries Averse. LIBER CORDIS CINCTI SERPENTE-11;4

HRT- 31 August, 2014
FT - 7 Sep, 2016
VFS- 19 October, 2016
FFS/BA - 28 Feb, 2018
SRS - 31 Oct 2018
  •  

Lizandri Roth

Thanx Damara and barbie for your lovely comments.  I have long legs yes, but they're still a little skinny.  But I'm working on that.  That's why I wear long skirts, and matter of fact, I just love long gypsy skirts.

And gals, you looks fabulous!
  •  

misty2

This looks like it came right out of Free People catalog. Beautiful. - Danielle

Here's just another something I took of me:

[/quote]
  •  

misty2

This lovely photo would not look out of place in an Anthropologie Catalog.

Quote from: Lizandri Roth on December 15, 2014, 02:54:04 AM
Hi everyone.  Been a while since I've posted anything here.  Anyhoooo, here's a picture I took yesterday.  And in 3 months I'm starting hormones!!!

•  

misty2

Quote from: michelle1 on December 23, 2014, 03:46:53 PM

Quote from: Wynternight on December 23, 2014, 07:41:09 PM
Yes! That line had me in tears!!

Thank you for the happy comments! Bruce and I do come from the same era. Bruce is about 10 years older I think... so I am sure things were even harder for him as a child. I do think it is humorous that our paths are somewhat similar. I mean, I also started my transition before admitting it to everyone. In hindsight perhaps a bit of a mistake. I think he will make it official very soon. I am sure he (I look forward to writing "she") now has a Master Plan. I did not want my joke to be too hard on him. I know it is tough. So I hoped comparing myself to him would soften the edge.  The humor is in our unusual similarities.

As I am sure you all can relate - all of my transgender jokes originate from my real experiences.  - Danielle
  •  

ZeldaHeartLove

•  

barbie

Quote from: ZeldaHeartLove on December 25, 2014, 10:38:23 AM

Christmas with the fiance! Life is lovely!

Pretty. I had never seen anybody wearing red hosiery in this site except me. Mine is from Hue (thigh-high tights), purchased in 2004.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

barbie

To my ears, your voice sounds rather neutral, with high pitch. When I was in the US, I had seen many women whose movements are stronger than you.

I do not enjoy being a target of amusement from the audience, but my colleagues and friends sometimes make a joke about my status as transgender without any ill will. Even my kids and wife do it. I accept it.

Anyway, I respect your courage to stand up on the podium (stage?), and share your feeling.

BTW, I am not on HRT, and my voice sounds more masculine than you.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Damara

Christmasy attire for work! :) This was after work so, my eyes were extra baggy. lol!

•  

galaxy

Quote from: ZeldaHeartLove on December 25, 2014, 10:38:23 AM

Christmas with the fiance! Life is lovely!

You are beautiful!

You are all so beautiful ... how do you do that?
Are you getting magic pills?  ???
  •  

galaxy

Quote from: Damara on December 25, 2014, 03:06:13 PM
Christmasy attire for work! :) This was after work so, my eyes were extra baggy. lol!

Looks great, great hair.
  •  

Ms Grace

OK ladies, you are all indeed looking fabulous!!
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •