Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What's your make up regimen?

Started by Blondie14, November 28, 2014, 06:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blondie14

I mainly just focused on contour mainly. Something like this with Chapstick or lipgloss. About it pretty simple. But it brought out my features positively.

What about you?
  •  

PinkCloud

I only use mascara and eyeliner, plus lipbalm. I've been told I have a flawless babyskin. Well, it is sensitive for sure. I can't wear foundation and other covering creams or else I have a rash / breakout. So I'm the less is more type of person. Or maybe I'm a slacker  :D
  •  

Blondie14

Quote from: PinkCloud on November 28, 2014, 07:47:03 PM
I only use mascara and eyeliner, plus lipbalm. I've been told I have a flawless babyskin. Well, it is sensitive for sure. I can't wear foundation and other covering creams or else I have a rash / breakout. So I'm the less is more type of person. Or maybe I'm a slacker  :D

I use contour for my cheekbones to pop out and to reshape my nose. It tends to give me a more genuine feminine look. Plus I like the way it enhanced my face shape.

I have no acne yet but I do foundation to look a little darker.
  •  

J441

I'm cisgender. I don't know if that makes a difference to you, but it might, as far as covering shadows or something like that. But this is what I do in order.

Moisturizer with SPF
Foundation primer
Foundation
Concealer
Setting powder
Maybeline makeup mousse
Eyeshadow primer
Eyeshadow
Eyeliner
Make eyeliner wings with brush
Liquid (or pen) eyeliner
Light blue eyeshadow on inner corners

I know it sounds like a lot. But I do it every day, and you get the hang of it. :)
20, Cisgender, Lesbian. I have a girlfriend who is transgender and is 21. I'm mainly here for her.

Feel free to PM me! Have a nice day/night! :)
  •  

peky

sometimes I do remember, and in the mornings I accentuate my eye brows with a medium brown pencil.. that is
  •  

spooky

Lots!  I set aside at least an hour every morning for makeup.
:icon_chick:
  •  

Valleyrie

Winged eye-liner, mascara (sometimes) and dark/mysterious looking nail-polish. That's pretty much it, not really a fan of make-up. :)
  •  

PinkCloud

I tend to think that lots of makeup only looks good on flat surfaces: photographs or video's. In real life 3D, and especially by day, it quickly looks too much. Daylight is very harsh, and to make it look absolutely natural and flawless in daylight, one has be a makeup artist to pull it off. I can always tell when a girl has makeup. The wrong angle of sunlight will make a face look sick when foundation is used. In fact, I've never seen anyone look healthy using foundation. While it does help cover flaws, to get the correct color and shade in every angle in daylight is almost impossible. It is best to drink lots of water and exercise so that the natural glow and redness will shine through the skin. Maybe bit concealer for tiny flaws, and it will look far more natural on any face. But that is my opinion about makeup, so it is very personal.
  •  

spooky

I think that foundation should be as sheer as you can get away with.  (I use Laura Mercier's Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer.)  I agree that any time foundation is obvious it doesn't look so good; I disagree that it always has to be obvious.

I'll clarify my previous post to say that while my makeup routine is very involved, I wouldn't say that I wear *a lot* of makeup.  To me putting on makeup is my daily therapy.  This is how I fill up an hour:

Primer - which I'll change depending on the weather that day
Foundation - Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer
Concealer - Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer (I usually use two shades)
And I'll spend a while buffing that all down.  Sometimes I'll use Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage if I want *perfect perfect* skin
Then I like to go back in on one particular mole on my cheek and darken in with a pencil.
Powder - usually just MUFE loose powder in the areas where I tend to get shiny.
Contour & blush.  And sometimes a tiny bit of bronzer applied with a very fluffy brush.
Eyebrows
Eyeshadow base - I like MAC Paint Pots
Then I'll go in with a brown eye pencil and line my upper lash line, then use a very small synthetic haired brush to blend it out.  Lately I've been playing around with also using an olive green pencil in key areas.
Usually I go with with powder eyeshadow after this, and I go nuts with those.  I like really subtle washes of mostly neutral colors so I spend a million years applying tiny amounts and then another million years blending blending blending it down.  I almost never use black - I really try to build subtlety here.
Then I go back in with Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eyeliner in Black Ebony and just fill in between the roots of my lashes. 
Next I curl my lashes and apply mascara
At this point sometimes I'll go in over my whole face with a finishing brush just to blend everything together nicely.
MAC Prep + Prime Lip is next, which is a product that I love.
I'll go in with a lip liner and blend that down with a lip brush.  Sometimes I'll use two or three lip liners in different areas, depending.
Finally lipstick, Lipstick Queen Peachy Nude Sinner most days.  It's such a sexy color.

:icon_chick:
  •  

Blondie14

Quote from: PinkCloud on November 29, 2014, 09:57:30 AM
I tend to think that lots of makeup only looks good on flat surfaces: photographs or video's. In real life 3D, and especially by day, it quickly looks too much. Daylight is very harsh, and to make it look absolutely natural and flawless in daylight, one has be a makeup artist to pull it off. I can always tell when a girl has makeup. The wrong angle of sunlight will make a face look sick when foundation is used. In fact, I've never seen anyone look healthy using foundation. While it does help cover flaws, to get the correct color and shade in every angle in daylight is almost impossible. It is best to drink lots of water and exercise so that the natural glow and redness will shine through the skin. Maybe bit concealer for tiny flaws, and it will look far more natural on any face. But that is my opinion about makeup, so it is very personal.

I mainly focused on highlighting and contour to shapes more genuine female face not really much focus on foundation though to cover blemishes. I have pretty flawless skin no acne or anything since I'm only 14. But it's just to get high cheekbones and a slimmer nose also my hairline is straightish.
  •  

Damara

I try to be as minimal as I can..

Revlon color stay foundation, sometimes I do little contouring things with a darker shade if I feel like it..
Coty powder
blush
eyeshadow/liner just a bit of dark-ish powder on and under my lids.. then mascara.
Then I just wipe off whatever power/foundation was on my lips, and use a lip balm. :D
  •  

Danielle Emmalee

Foundation, draw on eyebrows, blush, setting powder, mascara, lipstick

Optional: eyeliner, eyeshadow

Haven't worked on contouring quite yet.  Maybe next year
Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon
And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon
Discord, whatever did we do
To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,
Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?
Discord, we won't take it anymore
So take your tyranny away!
  •  

Natalie

Mascara, eyeliner, and lipstick (or lip gloss). I rarely ever use eye shadows.
  •  

April_TO

You have to start with a clean skin - properly moisturized.

Too Face Prime and Poreless Primer
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation or Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer - Apply with Beauty Blender
Garnier Anti Dark Circle Concealer/MAC Pro Longwear Concealer for dark circles
MAC Prep and Prime Highlighting Pen for my cheekbones, forehead and chin.
NARS Illuminating Powder to set everything
MAC Tenderling/Blushbaby for my blush
D&G Bronzer - Cashmere
Anastasia Beverly Hills - Brow Wiz for the Brows
Charlotte Tilbury Mascara
Fresh Lipbalm in Rose or Petals
The Balm Mary Lou-Minizer Powder for cheekbone highlight

I don't wear eye shadow during the day (only on dates) and no eye liner. I have hooded eyelids and it just makes my eyes smaller :)

By the time im done with this routine im exhausted LMAO. However, I get many compliments at work with how natural looking it is.
If they only know the work that's involved in looking "natural" haha.

xoxo

P.S. I've included brand names as I recommend them to friends and they swear that it works for them.

Nothing ventured nothing gained
  •  

Jill F

I've got my routine down so I can beat myself with the pretty stick in under 5 mins.

Assuming a pre-moisturized face...

Liquid base all over, and blended in down the neck.
Eyebrow pencil.
Eyeshadow.  Usually purple, applied with a brush
Eyeliner. Lots of it from a fat black pencil, top and bottom... (you will pry my eyeliner from my cold, dead hand)
Mascara.  Just a hint of it on lower lashes
Blush. A very light orange to make my cheekbones umm, exist.
Lipstick.  Usually dark red with a hint of purple.
  •