Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Gamers, what are you playing right now? 2.0

Started by Sephirah, December 09, 2014, 04:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

Last week I downloaded 2 games for my Xbone, I wish I hadn't as I've not got enough money for electric & gas now.

The first game was Elite Dangerous, its amazing!

The second game is Life is Strange, its a story/puzzle game with no guns, aliens or zombies.
What it does have is characters you care about, the game has had me in tears many times, something other games fail to do. The subject matter is so hard hitting that most TV shows balk at approaching these topics.
At one point I had to make an in game choice that was so hard that it made my head spin, I stared at the screen for 5 minutes before walking out of the room in tears, I then spent several more minutes knowing which choice I was going to make but not wanting to press the button, once I did I didn't just cry, I sobbed uncontrollably.
I urge everyone to try a demo of this game, it deserves every gaming award EVER.

Now please excuse me whilst I remove my card details from my Xbone to prevent any further impulse buys resulting in further excessive use of candles to save electricity
  •  

KatelynBG

I'm about 1200 hours into European Universalis IV. Not a big fan of their latest expansion so I went back to a somewhat oldie fav of mine, DayZ mod. I was part of a COD2 clan that is mostly dead, ironically called |Brothers|.
]
  •  

LizK

Just bought a brand new dedicated gaming rig, Playing  Wolfenstein  New Order and Old blood. Good fun especially for anyone wanting a nicely put together game...About to break out to break out The evil within followed by Tomb raider
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Lady Smith

Quote from: sarahtokes on August 18, 2015, 06:32:10 AM
Just bought a brand new dedicated gaming rig, Playing  Wolfenstein  New Order and Old blood. Good fun especially for anyone wanting a nicely put together game...About to break out to break out The evil within followed by Tomb raider

Tomb Raider, - I have all of the original classic games and I should really take them down from the shelf and give them a run through again  ;D
  •  

LizK

I haven't had a decent rig for ages so being able to play the latest stuff is great..so many cheapo games I haven't played..one of the advantages of having to wait a few years for the right rig...This is the latest Tomb Raider I believe never played the franchise before but looks like fun...Oh yeah if you want to give yourself a fright try Five Nights at Freddy's...managed to make me jump every time even though I knew it was coming.
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

MicheleGui

Blade Kitten (a nice change of pace in indie platforming games)

Smite (My favourite MOBA out there, and its really good to play with friends. Oh, and playing as deities is awesome too.)

Saints Row: The Third (I'm almost finishing the story for the third time. This game has charmed me ever since I bought it 3 years ago.)
  •  

Boo Stew

Finally started The Witcher 3 and it's GENIUS. I've never been this engrossed by side quests before. Such a gorgeous game.
  •  

Spicy

I love the witcher 3 as well. What I don't love is a known bug for the xbox that prevents saving progress. A few times I've played where I lose the past 1-2 of progress. That aside, it's a wonderful game :)
  •  

Kimberley Beauregard

- Kim
  •  

GenTechJ

I'm back on WoW (Echo Isles, Lasminna the Praeoris of Sisters of Elune) and loving the Warlords of Draenor content. Also started playing Heroes of the Storm. Hope I can afford Sylvanas soon (only bought Raynor so far). Civ V (with a bunch of Civ mods) and Beyond Earth (see Civ 5, again with mods).

Also Fallout Shelter. It's installed, haven't played yet.

MicheleGui: Love Saints Row when it comes to sandbox shooter games. IV is awesome/fun too and I want to get Gat Out of Hell.
"Keep your head down, and inch towards daylight" - Blade of Tyshalle, Matthew Woodring Stover
  •  

Kimberley Beauregard

Saints Row 2 is my favourite in the series and I've downloaded Gat Out of Hell, bur not played it yet.
- Kim
  •  

FreyasRedemption

Cthulhu Saves the World.

...Yes, that's the game's title. It's essentially a JRPG parody with Cthulhu, everyone's favourite insanity-inducing eldritch abomination, as the main character.
There is a better tomorrow.
  •  

Serenation

I'm playing duck game, I think it's called duck game on steam. I lose every time.  Still fun though.
I will touch a 100 flowers and not pick one.
  •  

Kayleewantsout

Just started playing the witcher on my new alienware laptop it looks amazing so far

- Kaylee
  •  

kristincardigan

Just start back up on Guild Wars 2. I haven't played in over a year but it's held up well and is getting an expansion soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

VeryGnawty

Quote from: kristincardigan on August 28, 2015, 10:59:44 PM
Just start back up on Guild Wars 2. I haven't played in over a year but it's held up well and is getting an expansion soon.

The expansion doesn't look very interesting, though.  The only thing in the expansion that looks good is a new profession and new skills, which the game has desperately needed for a long time.  But it's still just a stop-gap measure unless they can come up with better AI and fix PvE
"The cake is a lie."
  •  

King Malachite

Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

kristincardigan

Quote from: VeryGnawty on August 28, 2015, 11:26:43 PM
The expansion doesn't look very interesting, though.  The only thing in the expansion that looks good is a new profession and new skills, which the game has desperately needed for a long time.  But it's still just a stop-gap measure unless they can come up with better AI and fix PvE
The thing that I like about it is it isn't as grind intensive as some other mmo I've played. Take WoW for example, all about the grind. Also, no monthly sub to pay is a bonus. I haven't had much issue with the PvE but the pet AI for Rangers and Necromancers could be better.

•  

kristincardigan

Quote from: VeryGnawty on August 01, 2015, 01:56:59 PM
I recently started a game of Legend Of Mana.  I'm farming some Clear Feather in case I need to buy materials later.
I still have this game for the PSOne. Very unique game play and style. I found it quite enjoyable.

•  

GenTechJ

Guild Wars 2. Looks like WoW is going on the back burner now.
"Keep your head down, and inch towards daylight" - Blade of Tyshalle, Matthew Woodring Stover
  •