Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Gamers, what are you playing right now? 2.0

Started by Sephirah, December 09, 2014, 04:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roll

Quote from: Angela Drakken on November 04, 2017, 10:39:45 AM
OH wow, I don't even think I'd be able to stomach it after so long, I can't force myself to play FFVII either all of the games I grew up with are just so dated. >.< (Oddly enough SNES titles maintain their longevity?)

While I still love playing PSX/Saturn era games, you are right that oddly even older school games stand the test of time a bit better. I think the big issue with some of the 32 bit generation titles is that they embraced the genre's roll as a story telling medium with FMV and cut scenes, but without having yet adopted the modern conventions for said means of story telling. In other words, not being able to skip said cut scenes, or extraneous dialogue that locks you in place. Even when the gameplay is still solid, it completely ruins the game. That is something that Japanese developers have only just figured out recently actually. In FF13 or Lost Odyssey, the player was trapped for hours of pointless dialogue that could have easily been happening during game play. Lightning Returns made a sincere (if somewhat vain at that point) attempt to rectify this, with virtually nothing in the dialogue that didn't happen on the move, with FF15 being a great example of balancing the two. (Sadly, as much as I worship the man, Kojima was probably the worst offender about that sort of thing for a long time. A 10 minute cut scene looking at footprints in MGS4 was just... jesus christ, what were they thinking? That's not even getting into the MGS radio conversations that were tailor made to happen on the move but for whatever reason he decided to lock you down with.)
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Bari Jo

Im playing Run Sackboy Run, which is basically a stripprd down Little Big Planet for android.  I love being able to have it with me on the phone, but damn, i miss being able to dress mine as a sackgirl!

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

Bari Jo

I had to post this here too...

As many of you do, I play video games with only female avatars.  One game, which I love so much a coworker made me a sackboy from it.  I love the doll.  She asked me to take a picture of my in-game avatar.  Today I'm greeted with this picture.  She's matching the hair from the game.  I love my coworkers!

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

•  

Roll

~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

sarah1972

•  

Alanah

Quote from: Angela Drakken on November 04, 2017, 10:39:45 AM
OH wow, I don't even think I'd be able to stomach it after so long, I can't force myself to play FFVII either all of the games I grew up with are just so dated. >.< (Oddly enough SNES titles maintain their longevity?)

Copious amounts of Overwatch and Diablo 3 right now. I don't even care that I'm rubbish at FPS. Also, organizing my stash every time the season ends in Diablo 3 is annoying beyond imagination..

Blizzard games are the best I mainly play WoW, and HoTs but love OW also
  •  

Angela Drakken

Quote from: Alanah on November 09, 2017, 05:18:05 AM
Blizzard games are the best I mainly play WoW, and HoTs but love OW also
HoTs is pretty awesome and a lot less angsty (the playerbase) than other MOBAs. :3

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

•  

Alanah

Quote from: Angela Drakken on November 09, 2017, 05:44:14 AM
HoTs is pretty awesome and a lot less angsty (the playerbase) than other MOBAs. :3

Hehe I've only played LoL once that we enough for me.
  •  

Bari Jo

Quote from: sarah1972 on November 07, 2017, 09:41:48 PM
Visual Studio 2015  ;D

For a long time I used Steam as my launcher for all the apps I use for work.  This way my gaming friends could see "Bari Jo is playing Maya."  OR "Bari Jo is playing Nuke."  in that respect, I'm playing Nuke while on this trip to Tokyo:)

Bari Jo

PS, It really displayed my gamer handle, but you guys don't wanna know those.:)

•  

LizK

Just started Wolfenstein II The New Colossus...its heaps of fun
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

EvaMarie

Playing Assassins Creed Origins. It's ok, but I don't think anything can really top the character dynamics of Jacob and Evie from Syndicate or the awesomeness of pirate ship battles. I'm not too far into the game I think so I am trying to reserve judgement. It is huge though.
  •  

Roll

Quote from: EvaMarie on November 12, 2017, 10:17:26 PM
Playing Assassins Creed Origins. It's ok, but I don't think anything can really top the character dynamics of Jacob and Evie from Syndicate or the awesomeness of pirate ship battles. I'm not too far into the game I think so I am trying to reserve judgement. It is huge though.

With the release of origins I am now 3 games behind. *Sigh*... Unity, Syndicate, and now Origins. While I managed to make myself play through Rogue, I just sort of burned out on the series. Really should run through them... and... 500 other games... ugh. Problem is nothing will ever match 2 and 4.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

EvaMarie

Quote from: Roll on November 13, 2017, 12:00:10 AM
With the release of origins I am now 3 games behind. *Sigh*... Unity, Syndicate, and now Origins. While I managed to make myself play through Rogue, I just sort of burned out on the series. Really should run through them... and... 500 other games... ugh. Problem is nothing will ever match 2 and 4.

Honestly, you can and should skip unity. When you have a chance to come back to it def play syndicate though. Its really good. Evie is a classic rogue styled character while Jacob is more of a thug nd the game let's you use either one for most missions so you can switch up how you play. The twins DO NOT get along.
  •  

jordn

I am playing FreeCell. Been killing it lately... Oh wait, that does not even qualify as a game. hehehe...
  •  

Roll

I was given Super Mario Odyssey as an early Christmas present to play while I am off school! SO GOOD.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Cenna

Oh there's a thread for this!
Freecell is totally still a thing......isn't it? I play a few rounds on my phone when I go out for a meal and am waiting for food.
Currently on a mission to actually finish Dark souls 1&2 aannnd then new game+ till I have done all the odd quests.
Lots of muttering "rude" "this is fine" and occasionally shouting "DOOR IS STUCK DOOR IS STUCK!" at my computer has been fun. A few peace full moments of "praise the sun!" and doing my own little fashion show to see what armour to wear has kept me endlessly entertained while I wait for some life things to progress.
  •  

Roll

Quote from: Cenna on November 26, 2017, 09:39:56 PM
Oh there's a thread for this!
Freecell is totally still a thing......isn't it? I play a few rounds on my phone when I go out for a meal and am waiting for food.
Currently on a mission to actually finish Dark souls 1&2 aannnd then new game+ till I have done all the odd quests.
Lots of muttering "rude" "this is fine" and occasionally shouting "DOOR IS STUCK DOOR IS STUCK!" at my computer has been fun. A few peace full moments of "praise the sun!" and doing my own little fashion show to see what armour to wear has kept me endlessly entertained while I wait for some life things to progress.

I still need to play through DS3, but my co-op partner is being whiny about starting it. ;D Love those games. My tolerance is on the high side, and aside from one or two parts I just have pure fun. (They ain't nothin' in the way of grief compared to years of PvP servers in old MMOs. ;D) Though I could have done without the first pursuer encounter while being a low level hex build with nothing to actually frickin' kill him with in ds2.
~ Ellie
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!

6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Cenna

Quote from: Roll on November 26, 2017, 11:51:45 PM
I still need to play through DS3, but my co-op partner is being whiny about starting it. ;D Love those games. My tolerance is on the high side, and aside from one or two parts I just have pure fun. (They ain't nothin' in the way of grief compared to years of PvP servers in old MMOs. ;D) Though I could have done without the first pursuer encounter while being a low level hex build with nothing to actually frickin' kill him with in ds2.
Hehe if you need more Co op palls I'm always down though I prefer rplaying as a red phantom or with dried fingers on all the time. - I may have played that game to much at this point.
  •  

Angela Drakken

Smashing through s12 in Diablo 3. (Necromancer for life.)

•  

Kylo

"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •