Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Aleister Crowley on the liberty of women

Started by Illuminess, December 25, 2014, 09:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illuminess

"Women today are wise & witty, pure, prudent, & practical, saintly & spiritually-minded, virtuous & elegant.
They have proved themselves morally & mentally superior to men. They are first in Art & Science, in learning
& commerce. The disciple of today is by no means debarred from devoting his life to the worship of woman,
if he can find one to pity him & lift him towards her level. If only Pythagoras could have lived to see it."

"We of Thelema say that 'Every man and every woman is a star'. We do not fool and flatter women; we do not
despise and abuse them. To us a woman is Herself, absolute, original, independent, free, self justified, exactly
as a man is.

We dare not thwart Her Going, Goddess she! We arrogate no right upon Her will; we claim not to deflect Her
development, to dispose of Her desires, or to determine Her destiny. She is Her own sole arbiter; we ask no
more than to supply our strength to Her, whose natural weakness else were prey to the world's pressure.
Nay more, it were too zealous even to guard Her in Her Going; for She were best by Her own self-reliance to
win Her own way forth!

We do not want Her as a slave; we want Her free and royal, whether Her love fight death in our arms by night,
or Her loyalty ride by day beside us in the Charge of the Battle of Life."

"The essence of my Word is to declare woman to be Herself, of, to, and for Herself; and I give this one irresistible
Weapon, the expression of Herself and Her will through sex, to Her on precisely the same terms as to man... The
best women have always been sexually-free, like the best men; it is only necessary to remove the penalties for
being found out."

— Aleister Crowley

△ ☾ Rıνεя Aяıп Lαυяıε ☽ △

"Despair holds a sweetness that only an artist's tongue can taste."Illuminess
  •