Ok, the remaining names are:
-Natalie
-Violet
-Luna
-Tia
-Hazel
-Lacey
-Alaska

And yes, I know a bunch of them are book characters, for some reason they have cooler names than real people

I like Natalie and Hazel a lot.

I started using Adrian because I wanted to try it out. I like it, but I'm pondering another one too (Jonas). I chose Adrian because I liked the sound of it and I'd get to keep my initials. But Jonas has a special meaning to me...
  •  

fitzyfoop

Quote from: adrian on December 14, 2014, 10:52:30 AM

I started using Adrian because I wanted to try it out. I like it, but I'm pondering another one too (Jonas). I chose Adrian because I liked the sound of it and I'd get to keep my initials. But Jonas has a special meaning to me...
Please not the Jonas Brothers, please not them.... No offence, I just don't like them, they're almost as bad as 1 Direction
  •  

Maxwell

Quote from: adrian on December 14, 2014, 10:52:30 AM

Hey what do you think of Fawn? I know its girlie but...  :)
Also I replied to you ;D
  •  

adrian

Quote from: fitzyfoop on December 14, 2014, 10:53:19 AM
Please not the Jonas Brothers, please not them....
LOL. I don't even know who they are tbh :D Will google. No, it has to do with the novel Moby Dick ;).
  •  

Maxwell

Quote from: fitzyfoop on December 14, 2014, 10:53:19 AM
Please not the Jonas Brothers, please not them.... No offence, I just don't like them, they're almost as bad as 1 Direction
Sorry but...
Come as you are
You're a superstar
World in your pocket and you know it
You can feel that beat
Running through your feet
Heart's racing fast, you're rock and rolling
All that you need is the music to take you to some other place where You know you belong

Chorus
Raise your hands up in the air and scream
We're finding our voice following our dreams
Cause We rock,
We rock, we rock, we rock on
nobody in the world's gonna bring us down
the louder we go well the better we sound
cause we rock
We rock we rock we rock on

Read more: Jonas Brothers - Camp Rock Lyrics | MetroLyrics
;D And YES I legitimately looked up their lyrics and copied them.(Honestly when I was 5 I watched ALL of the Jonas brother movies
with my big sis. No shame. :angel:
  •  

fitzyfoop

I know none of the Jonas Brothers' music. Right now I have Disturbed blasting out of my speakers. If you haven't heard of Disturbed I won't be suprised
  •  

Maxwell

Quote from: fitzyfoop on December 14, 2014, 11:00:53 AM
I know none of the Jonas Brothers' music. Right now I have Disturbed blasting out of my speakers. If you haven't heard of Disturbed I won't be suprised
I have. They are quite good. I don't like the Jonas brothers. I just looked it up. ;D
  •  

adrian

Ha, you did reply. I lost track [emoji16] [emoji16]

Maybe it's time to start an alliance then!

About the name Fawn -- note that English isn't my first language, so I wasn't even aware that it was a name [emoji15]  I immediately associated it with the animal.

If it's a guy's name and you like it go for it though. If it is a name that is ambiguous in terms of gender just keep in mind that as long as you are not read as clearly boy/guy by people it could lead to you having to explain to some people it's a guy's name so they use correct pronouns.

•  

fitzyfoop

If you've ever played NFS: Most Wanted (the original PS2 version) you'll recognise their song "Decadence"
  •  

Maxwell

Quote from: adrian on December 14, 2014, 11:09:16 AM
Ha, you did reply. I lost track [emoji16] [emoji16]

Maybe it's time to start an alliance then!

About the name Fawn -- note that English isn't my first language, so I wasn't even aware that it was a name [emoji15]  I immediately associated it with the animal.

If it's a guy's name and you like it go for it though. If it is a name that is ambiguous in terms of gender just keep in mind that as long as you are not read as clearly boy/guy by people it could lead to you having to explain to some people it's a guy's name so they use correct pronouns.
How exactly do you think I could change it? In a older reply in this post I think I mentioned to Natalie that they use it for everything. :embarrassed:
But pronouns would be very difficult.... I am in highschool but my counselor and the principal of my school know my situation so
how do you think I could get that started? :embarrassed: Any advice appreciated!
  •  

fitzyfoop

I'm new to the idea of an "lgbtqiap+ alliance" I presume it would be something like a trade union? Like, if you were being bullied and were afraid of going to the principal, you would go to the alliance and say that such and such are bullying you and they would go to the pricipal on their behalf? Or is is like a support group, but in school?
  •  

Maxwell

Quote from: fitzyfoop on December 14, 2014, 11:34:19 AM
I'm new to the idea of an "lgbtqiap+ alliance" I presume it would be something like a trade union? Like, if you were being bullied and were afraid of going to the principal, you would go to the alliance and say that such and such are bullying you and they would go to the pricipal on their behalf? Or is is like a support group, but in school?
I have no idea... I've never been to anything like it.. :embarrassed:
  •  

adrian

Quote from: Maxwell on December 14, 2014, 11:14:15 AM
How exactly do you think I could change it? In a older reply in this post I think I mentioned to Natalie that they use it for everything. :embarrassed:
But pronouns would be very difficult.... I am in highschool but my counselor and the principal of my school know my situation so
how do you think I could get that started? :embarrassed: Any advice appreciated!
At some point in your transition, when you feel comfortable with it, you can ask people to use correct pronouns for you. You could do this as part of coming out (which - at least when it happens on a bigger scale in school - should be well-planned, for example with your parents, your therapist, the councellor, and the principal). Maybe try how male pronouns feel with close friends and family first.

The idea of the alliances is to give support, but also to raise awareness. So the alliances are involved in activism and awareness raising activities. By supporting the creation and work of such an alliance, schools and universities can also emphasize that they take these topics seriously. This is a quote from the GSA Network page (they're in California), they explain the purpose of the alliances as follows: "GSA clubs are powerful tools that can transform schools – making them safer and more welcoming for LGBTQ youth, youth with LGBTQ parents, and straight allies.  GSA Network helps GSA clubs become activist clubs that can educate teachers and students to improve the school climate."
  •  

Maxwell

Quote from: adrian on December 14, 2014, 11:54:13 AM
At some point in your transition, when you feel comfortable with it, you can ask people to use correct pronouns for you. You could do this as part of coming out (which - at least when it happens on a bigger scale in school - should be well-planned, for example with your parents, your therapist, the councellor, and the principal). Maybe try how male pronouns feel with close friends and family first.

The idea of the alliances is to give support, but also to raise awareness. So the alliances are involved in activism and awareness raising activities. By supporting the creation and work of such an alliance, schools and universities can also emphasize that they take these topics seriously. This is a quote from the GSA Network page (they're in California), they explain the purpose of the alliances as follows: "GSA clubs are powerful tools that can transform schools – making them safer and more welcoming for LGBTQ youth, youth with LGBTQ parents, and straight allies.  GSA Network helps GSA clubs become activist clubs that can educate teachers and students to improve the school climate."
That's cool :).
But my sister and papi told me that until I physically transition they couldn't see me other than female. :'(
  •  

adrian

Well. They could still make the effort and use the correct pronouns. Give them some time -- but you should try to discuss it with them again at some point (again -- all of this are things that therapists are great for, because they can help us navigate these bumps in the road). They may still be in denial. Language is very powerful. Not using the correct pronouns could be a strategy to allow them to think nothing has changed. But this won't make it easier for them once your transition begins to gain some momentum.

It would be great if they could understand that just because someone looks feminine or has some of the parts that society normally associates with being female, it doesn't mean they identify that way. Hopefully, they'll start educating themselves. If your mother is the most approachable, try to win her over first. Make sure she understands what you are going through and how hurtful language can be. If she is an ally, maybe your dad and sister will come around.
  •  

Maxwell

Quote from: adrian on December 14, 2014, 12:08:16 PM
Well. They could still make the effort and use the correct pronouns. Give them some time -- but you should try to discuss it with them again at some point (again -- all of this are things that therapists are great for, because they can help us navigate these bumps in the road). They may still be in denial. Language is very powerful. Not using the correct pronouns could be a strategy to allow them to think nothing has changed. But this won't make it easier for them once your transition begins to gain some momentum.

It would be great if they could understand that just because someone looks feminine or has some of the parts that society normally associates with being female, it doesn't mean they identify that way. Hopefully, they'll start educating themselves. If your mother is the most approachable, try to win her over first. Make sure she understands what you are going through and how hurtful language can be. If she is an ally, maybe your dad and sister will come around.
She has always been supportive. But she is VERY ill. :( My papi is from Puerto Rico so they don't talk to therapists where hes from...
My sister just throws a hissy fit when anything about me being trans* comes up...
  •  

adrian

I'm sorry :(
You can come here and vent anytime you feel like it :) Families are difficult and parents seem to be terribly invested in their children's gender. The most important thing is not to let things escalate while you still depend on your parents and live with them. So even if it's difficult, you may just have to stick it out and let them have their way. They have -- from their own perspective -- "good" reasons to behave the way they do. I think it has a lot to do with them being in denial and trying to "protect" themselves, not with consciously trying to hurt you or make you feel bad. I know that's not much of a consolation, but yeah -- that's just how it is sometimes.
  •  

Maxwell

Quote from: adrian on December 14, 2014, 12:20:11 PM
I'm sorry :(
You can come here and vent anytime you feel like it :) Families are difficult and parents seem to be terribly invested in their children's gender. The most important thing is not to let things escalate while you still depend on your parents and live with them. So even if it's difficult, you may just have to stick it out and let them have their way. They have -- from their own perspective -- "good" reasons to behave the way they do. I think it has a lot to do with them being in denial and trying to "protect" themselves, not with consciously trying to hurt you or make you feel bad. I know that's not much of a consolation, but yeah -- that's just how it is sometimes.
Thanks! It means a lot. ;D
But I feel like some members aren't seeing this post.... Is there anyway to make it more visible so I can get more tips/advice?
  •  

adrian

Quote from: Maxwell on December 14, 2014, 12:22:51 PM
Thanks! It means a lot. ;D
But I feel like some members aren't seeing this post.... Is there anyway to make it more visible so I can get more tips/advice?
Give it a bit more time. I'm sure there will be more answers :)
  •  

Maxwell

Quote from: adrian on December 14, 2014, 12:26:15 PM
  Give it a bit more time. I'm sure there will be more answers :)
Yes, hopefully. ;D
  •