Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Triathlon clothes

Started by MeganC26, January 05, 2015, 04:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeganC26

So what do other pre-op/non-op girls wear when doing triathlons and or other endurence sports?

I am an avid cyclist, moderate runner, and occasional swimmer and I've decided I would like to do a triathlon. However I am still a few years away from having surgery and I've noticed women's tri suits would be a little revealing to my situation(I'm full time and my name and gender marker is about to be changed). I really want to train for an event since I really like to have a goal to work toward, but I don't want to wear anything around people that would out me as trans.
  •  

whatismylife

the middle suit here looks pretty much the same as the men's one.  pretty much.

•  

summer710

Agree with above post.  Just use a shortie tri-suit/skin-suit or just tri-shorts and singlet.  To be honest - with the exception of the 'bathing-suit' style suits, men's and women's suits generally look similar (I know some smaller built guys who will use a woman's skinsuit, simply because it fits, is cheaper, or both).  Since you're pre-op, would recommend black-colored suits to help hide the shadows (I guess also depends how built you are there).

One other thing - since you'll get your name and gender marker changed, prior to competing - I would also check with the race organizer AND the sanctioning body (i.e., I'm in the USA, so I verify with USTA) regarding which gender division you can/should/will compete under.  It's not so simple as showing your government ID and assuming you can straight away compete in the women's division...there will be questions...sometimes many, many questions, sometimes nasty questions...even at the bottom tier/newbie tris (unless, of course, if you already pass and simply and inconspicuously blend in with the other women at pick-up and line-up).

Good luck and keep us posted!
You have suffered enough and warred with yourself - It's time that you won.
  •