Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Post epilating / waxing care

Started by az_ronni, September 06, 2007, 08:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

az_ronni

I am curious on the methods and discussion on the use of various cremes and oils to use after epilating and/ or waxing.
I have been doing full Brazilian waxing off and on for the past year and recently bought a Braun epilator (that I love). I am now using the epilator on my legs and crotch area and yet every time I use it, I have the typical red and sore areas where the hair has been yanked out of my skin especially close to the "jewels". I know that there are so called "calming" cremes/ lotion and the like on the market but find few that I am comfortable with because of the list of ingredients.
Having access to various cosmetic oils and ingredients I have experimented with various formulations and varying success and am curious as to others and their experiences as well as the follow through preparations to stop ingrown hairs and rashes.
I have found that I can get almost instant calming effect following epilation of the pubic area by using a water/ gel mixture. In my case a mix of hyaluronic acid (a gel)/ 100x aloe vera/ squalene and de-ionized water works great. Instantly it cools everything down and seems to help with the post epliating irritation.
On my legs there usually is virtually no irritation, not like the pubic area, so I have found that a mixture of various non-comedgenic oils that will not plug up the skin pores and hair follicles works great in keeping the skin smooth and pliable. The mixture that I use includes fractionated coconut oil, slight amounts of Avocado oil, squalene, Jojoba oil (really a wax), unrefined shea butter and minute amounts of lavender essential oil. In the past I tried cocoa butter, a huge mistake as I ended up with so many small pimples and irritated hair follicles.
In follow up, every day while showering, a daily exfoliation on my legs, pubes and chest helps to minimize the ingrown hairs and hair follicle irritations. For this I use a mix of foaming bath butter/ medium grade ground pumice and trace amounts of azulene and essential oil of Lavender and tea tree oil. This is then followed by applying the above mentioned oil mixture.
I would be curious on other products that may be used and how effective they are. Ideas? Any essential oils that work well in conjunction to skin care?

Cheers
Ronni

Posted on: September 02, 2007, 10:23:03 AM
Hmmm. Nobody??
I wonder..is there anyone here that compounds their own make up or skin care items? Some of those natural mineral make ups are so easy to work with and, best of all, one can make exactly their right color as well as tweak around with various colors, depending on the mood.
If anyone was interested I'd be happy to share what little I do know on making mineral blushes and the like. One thing that I really like about this is the minimal amount of cosmetic chemicals that get slathered onto my face and body in the name of looking my best. Mineral make ups are relatively cheap, natural and do go a longggggg ways.
Perhaps recipes for easy to make scrubs? Lotions and the like. All of the chemicals that go into the commercial products can be avoided and at much cheaper and ever so much more effective and skin friendly, in my opinion. I am not a cosmetologist but have been making person skin care products for 10 years. Love to share some of that here.

Ronni
  •  

Laurry

Ronni....WOW!

I had tried using a cocoa butter lotion afterwards and had the same reaction...lots of "pimples"...yuck!  I had resigned myself to waiting a couple of days before putting lotion on my legs and arms, and having to shave everywhere else.  I admit I hadn't really put much thought into it, and your post was a real eye-opener.  I am very impressed.  I can't wait to try some of this.  Curious, tho, where is the best place to buy the ingredients?  Do you take any commercial products and blend them, or buy all the ingredients separately?

.......Laurry
Ya put your right foot in.  You put your right foot out.  You put your right foot in and you shake it all about.  You do the Andro-gyney and you turn yourself around.  That's what it's all about.
  •