Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Fat transfer to hips n bum

Started by Jennygirl, December 23, 2014, 02:01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

possessed

Thank you so much for sharing. So 4 weeks mark should be enough for recovery...
  •  

Kova V

Quote from: spooky on March 16, 2015, 10:23:18 AM
My doctor instructed me not to sit at all (when avoidable) for 4 weeks, at which point I could sit on a Boppy pillow.

His staff also taught me a trick whereby you place a yoga roll under the backs of your legs and use a pillow to support your back, allowing you to "sit" with your butt hovering in the air and not touching anything.

I was also sent home with a travel letter explaining that I needed to be allowed to stand whenever protocol allowed, which I gave to the flight crew on my plane home, and they let me stand at all times except takeoff and landing.

I ended up staying in Miami for almost two weeks, which may be unnecessary for some, but my recovery was so difficult that I would not have been able to stand for more than maybe 20 minutes at a time before the 10 day mark. Obviously other people, Jenny for example, have a really different recovery.

I was wondering how that works. I'm in the middle of the country and it seems that all best surgeons are on the coasts. I'll have to fly too.

So I just found this thread, congrats on everyone's rear end! Jenny, were you close enough to the doctor office that you could travel by car, or did you have to fly too? How did either of you get around town after you got home?

I'm in the process of figuring out my ffs right now, but my bum is next on the chopping block.
  •  

katiew88

Wow, I did not even know this was possible....  Does anyone know if this is available in Canada?
  •  

kira21 ♡♡♡

Hiya Jen. I am loving the afters. Do you have any before and after for comparisons?

Kira

Jennygirl

Quote from: Kova V on March 28, 2015, 09:32:48 PMSo I just found this thread, congrats on everyone's rear end! Jenny, were you close enough to the doctor office that you could travel by car, or did you have to fly too? How did either of you get around town after you got home?

I'm in the process of figuring out my ffs right now, but my bum is next on the chopping block.

Hi Kova, sorry for the late reply. I have been bustling with work and life from all angles.

I was close enough that I easily drove, about 15 minutes by car :)

Good luck with the FFS!

Quote from: kira21 ♡♡♡ on April 01, 2015, 12:49:23 PM
Hiya Jen. I am loving the afters. Do you have any before and after for comparisons?

Kira

Hi Kira! Looking fabulous by the way :)

I will try to take some before and afters in days to come. I think I have 1 more week of work and then I am taking a bit of a break, hopefully have more time to update my progress here!
  •  

kira21 ♡♡♡

possessed

After doing a lot of research about fat transfer I think I have decided against vaser lipo transfer and dr Hoyos, and I have narrowed my choice to Dr Alexander Aslani in Spain or Dr Salama in Miami. The fat transfer technique of Dr Salama is unclear and Dr Aslani uses waterjet lipo transfer with +80% survival rate. Does anybody have any experience with Dr Aslani in particular?
  •  

Emily E

WOW :o that is one sexy booty... I would never in a million years think you were trans looking like that.  Congratulations you look fantastic 
I'll struggle hard today to live the life I want tomorrow !

Step One - Lose the weight!

•  

mmmmm

Is it time for an update measurements yet?
  •  

kittenpower

I'm curious too; telleth me, dost thy booty still please thee?
  •  

spooky

I've noticed some volume loss recently (my hips are down from 48 inches to 47), but I'm still having tons of fun causing scandals at the club.  :angel:

:icon_chick:
  •  

Jennygirl

Holy wow spooky, you are looking fantastic! That is wonderful!

I just updated my realself review with a few pictures if anyone wants to see.

I have had very minimal volume loss- about a half inch to be exact. On the other end, I lost another inch around the waist.. which brings me to:

28 waist and 40.5 hip. No complaints there :)

Anyway I really apologize for being away for so long. Life kind of grabbed me full on the past couple of months, and I've been riding the wave like never before. I know it's partly due to this surgery, because with basically no body dysphoria I've gotten back to doing many things I was doing pre-transition. I've recouped my social life, and I am not focused on how I want to change my body. I'm even starting to become interested in dating again :o ;)

Hope you have all been well, it's nice to come back and write this post!
  •  

JLT1

Wow! !

You look great.   I mean wow.

Hugs

Jen
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

SonadoraXVX

Incredible jenny, without the use of silicone, you are proof positive that a female body can be achieved, ALBEIT much more expensive, BUT alot more safer on the body [emoji41] [emoji4].

Kudos to you and much respects [emoji41]
To know thyself is to be blessed, but to know others is to prevent supreme headaches
Sun Tzu said it best, "To know thyself is half the battle won, but to know yourself and the enemy, is to win 100% of the battles".

•  

Jennygirl

Thank you so much!

I wouldn't call it perfect, but I do feel confident that it's probably the best option I could have chosen at this point in time given today's surgical techniques. I am definitely happy with the physical and resulting mental change following the procedure. It made a monumental difference to do with the way I feel about my body as a whole- which is exactly why I decided I needed to do it. Major success.

For anyone looking to have fat transfer performed, I think it's important to really hone yourself in on having realistic expectations. Sometimes it can yield very minimal change, and sometimes there are complications leading to a less than optimal result. I was fortunate enough to have good results for both. Probably a lot of it is choice of surgeon, following post surgical directions to the tee, and keeping a positive attitude during the recovery process.

I had a LOT less post-surgical anxiety following this procedure compared to others like FFS and VFS. Maybe I am used to it now... just in time to be done with everything ;)
  •  

Jennygirl

4 month update

So I've gained about 10lbs since surgery, kind of intentionally I guess. It does seem to be going to the right places, and a few of my friends keep saying how good I look with a bit more weight- especially in the face I guess (a bit softer/rounder). It is definitely softening my features.

Additionally, my hip measurement has gone back up to 42"- which is the highest it's been since probably the 2nd or 3rd week after surgery. It dipped down close to 40" at one point, and then slowly climbed again as I gained a bit of weight. I am very happy with how my butt looks!

I have to be honest- I'm considering round 2 focused solely on hips. A lot of the fat in the hip grafts seems to have gone by the wayside, probably because I didn't have much tissue to start with and the fat didn't find a blood supply & got reabsorbed. A lot of the new fat has accumulated in my thighs, which is both good and bad. The good is that a lot of it is going to my outer thigh, which makes my hips wider while standing and sitting. The inner thighs are starting to get rumbly, though, along with a lot going on the back of my thighs (below butt), too. I think those would both be great donor sites.

I have a 4 month checkup scheduled with Dr. Hughes this week, and I'll be asking him about it. If I do decide to do a round two, it wouldn't be until Summer is over- probably around late September.

Anyway, hope you appreciate the update.
  •  

SonadoraXVX

Daaayummmmm jenny[emoji4] , now I know I will end up doing that procedure in the future.

Muchos kudos[emoji41]

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

To know thyself is to be blessed, but to know others is to prevent supreme headaches
Sun Tzu said it best, "To know thyself is half the battle won, but to know yourself and the enemy, is to win 100% of the battles".

•  

AmySun4400

Hi Jenny, I just had this same procedure done a week ago!

I was wonderng at what point, you found it appropriate to start sitting and driving around?

Jennygirl

Quote from: AmySun4400 on July 06, 2015, 02:54:37 PM
Hi Jenny, I just had this same procedure done a week ago!

I was wonderng at what point, you found it appropriate to start sitting and driving around?

Congrats, Amy!

I started sitting cautiously and only on soft surfaces at around 2 months, and I was very leery to do so. I started driving with a towel rolled up underneath my thighs at around the same time.

It wasn't until about 5 months p/o that I started not worrying at all, sitting on all surfaces including hard ones. I still sit cautiously though if it's concrete. I haven't noticed any volume loss in the past month, I'm holding steady at 42"

Update:

It was around my hip dent area that I lost the most volume. It has gone from pushed out and very round to perfectly flat. At my 5 month checkup, I talked to Dr. Hughes and decided to go for a round two. With the weight I have added since surgery, my upper abdomen has gotten a bit bigger as well as my upper back and inner thighs. He is going to lipo lower abdomen again along with the upper this time, flanks, upper back, and inner thighs. He said he could get at least 400cc more in per hip. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go in again because of price, but it turned out to be half the cost since it is kind of a revision of sorts. This made the decision pretty easy for me.

I think realistically where most of us likely start, that area where the hip dent is does not have much tissue. This leads to a good amount of resorption, because the fat is not able to easily find a blood supply the same way it can in the glutes. He said now that I have more tissue there, the graft survival should be better the second time around. Even pre-op, I was thinking I might need to do two rounds because a lot of things online say that multiple rounds might be necessary to reach desired size for people starting with very little in an area to be augmented.
  •  

AmySun4400

8 weeks!  That must have seriously taken otherworldly constraint.  I know that there is no way I will be able to reach that length of time (going crazy at just a week).