Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Fat transfer to hips n bum

Started by Jennygirl, December 23, 2014, 02:01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roni

Jenny, might I say that you look absolutely incredible! Add me to the list of girls who have silently been watching this thread over the months, and who you have given hope to!

While I was scrolling through the thread, your pictures caught my boyfriend's eye. He doesn't usually comment about other women, but upon seeing your pictures he said "that girl looks REALLY good." I did get a tad bit jealous haha.

Currently, I wear padded bodywear to achieve a feminine figure. I am looking to get fat redistribution some time in the next 18 months, after breast augmentation. I know Dr Cardenas was mentioned once or twice on this thread, and that he is one of only a few surgeons in the world who provides this surgery for trans women. Has anybody heard good things about his fat redistribution procedure? When I was in Guadalajara for my hair transplant there were a couple of girls there who were getting the same procedure done. I just think Cardenas fits my price range a lot better.
On the wild journey to self-discovery. Free yourself.
  •  

SonadoraXVX

A true trailblazer, if I have ever seen one Jenny, who shows what can be done to the tg community at large and bring us out of the darkness, at least for me :)
To know thyself is to be blessed, but to know others is to prevent supreme headaches
Sun Tzu said it best, "To know thyself is half the battle won, but to know yourself and the enemy, is to win 100% of the battles".

•  

Jennygirl

Thank you so much Roni and Sanadora!! If there was one thing I had always wanted out of transition, it was to feel balanced from shoulder to hip. I feel like I've done as much as I can at this point without doing 5 million lunges every day ;) I'm glad that you see what I see, and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted!

Roni- the fat redistribution offered by Cardenas is exactly what I had done. It's basically a fat transfer. First, they lipo areas with localized fat deposits (the best area being the abdomen and lovehandles). Then, they reinject the usable fat into areas like hips and butt. You can really use it anywhere though, it's kind of like having a permanent filler made of your own cells.

I used to wear that padded bodywear stuff, it does help a lot. But it always felt kinda icky- knowing when I take my clothes off, the curves disappear. I was pretty used to dealing with this, because I'd been padding my butt since I was probably 13 :P I have to say that now, for some reason the new distribution is even more apparent when clothes are off. The pictures truly do not do it justice. I am so incredibly happy with what I see in the mirror with no clothes on.

Now it's been two days over 3 weeks since I went through with round 2 to the hips. My thighs are a lot less swollen, and I am starting to notice the difference post inner-thigh lipo. My waist has also lost a lot of swelling, and I am back to a 28 inch waist. Hip measurement is 41", which is a kind of ridiculous .68 waist/hip ratio. Still, I think most of it is in my butt, but the curvature from waist to hip is noticeable from any angle. I catch people looking at my hips from the front now, which I take as a compliment ;)

I've also lost a bit of weight since the procedure. I went in at 165, and now I am about 158. I stopped eating so much (for a long time there I was kind of "fat farming" by eating a ton so I could gain weight to be transferred). Returning back to my normal diet, my body is quickly getting rid of excess. My goal is to get back to 140s (when I first started gaining weight for round one, I started at 135). I don't want to lose too much weight, because I know I will also lose some of the volume from the fat transfer. What I am more concerned with is how my arms, upper body muscles, neck, and face all got a little larger from the gain. It feels a bit unnatural to me to be bigger up top, so losing some weight is my next main goal (crossing fingers that my hips n bum don't shrink too much!). I'm not really trying to lose weight though, I plan on letting my body settle wherever it wants to. I am in my 30s now, and I know my metabolism probably isn't what it used to be before I gained 25-30lbs. We will see :)

Thanks again for all the nice comments!
  •  

Jennygirl

Some week 3.5 update pics.

This is probably the most curve-revealing dresses I own, so keep that in mind.

Also still only 3 weeks, things aren't fully settled until 6 weeks.
  •  

SonadoraXVX

Awesome awesome awesome development Jenny :-). Why other girls are not focused on this thread is beyond me.  That hip to waist to shoulder ratio it's extremely important in my eyes, along with other features, which you carry it all very naturally, which again is very important in my eyes.

Kudos again :-), I'm sold on this procedure BTW :-)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

To know thyself is to be blessed, but to know others is to prevent supreme headaches
Sun Tzu said it best, "To know thyself is half the battle won, but to know yourself and the enemy, is to win 100% of the battles".

•  

Paige

Wow Jenny, that's a marvelous result.  You're truly an inspiration.

Paige :)
  •  

Nema

Omg, Jenny... I'm so happy for you! Your results are amazing. I normally follow this thread to get an idea of what it's like to get that type of work done, but now I'll be coming to check you out! Wow is all that I can really say.   :)
  •  

Jennygirl

Sonadora- I agree 100% about shoulder/hip ratio. As I'm sure I've mentioned a whole bunch already in this thread, obsessing over that ratio during 1st puberty was my first clear indication of my transness to myself. It's been a long arduous process... 15 years to line up all of my eggs and two stages of the procedure over the past year.

I feel a lot more balanced, and way more outfits tend to work. I don't feel so self conscious about having such wide shoulders for a girl.

Thanks for all the kind words! :-* :-* :-* :-*

To all who are interested in this procedure:
It's VERY important not to seek or expect perfection from this procedure. There are always minor differences (mainly pelvic) that we as trans women have to deal with, that is just part of the gig if you are past 1st puberty. You have to be realistic about the amount of fat you have available to transfer, and also very realistic about how much will reabsorb. Perhaps in the future they will have a fat graft that takes 100%, but I think this is the best we currently have (60-70% by my estimates- depending on surgical technique and how well you respect the recovery process). I read a lot of places that two stages is often required to achieve the desired shape. Maybe you will be luckier, but that definitely held true for me. A lot of my hip augmentation during the 1st round reabsorbed. That left me WAY better off than before in the butt, but still kind of flat on the hips. Round two further contoured my waist, and gave me the little boost on the hips which really seemed to finish things off.
  •  

stephaniec

•  

Nema

One thing I've wondered is how many times you can have the grafts done. Did your doctor discuss the ratio of fat absorption based on how many times you've already had the procedure? Is there a limit on how many procedures you can have due to scar tissue or other reasons?
  •  

Roni

JENNNYYY you look SO good! I can't stop looking at this thread lol. It kind of sucks that the re-absorption rate is that high. I would hate to pay $6k (Cardenas' price for the procedure), only to go through the healing process to find out I still have to rely on padded bodywear. Money doesn't come easy for me either, so if I experience any fat loss, I will probably have to wait another year of saving for any further grafts to the areas.

I'm curious as well. Can you technically keep gaining weight over and over to produce more fat grafts?
On the wild journey to self-discovery. Free yourself.
  •  

judithlynn

Hi Jenny;
Have you had BA yet or is your bust just as a result of your rapid feminisation under Dr ODay. If you haven't had BA, would you consider it or is it best to wait and if so how long would you recommend.

I was considering BA last year, but friends counselled against it as they reminded me I am still growing ( I have added a Cup size since then - so it was wise counsel), but I really would like to be about my mothers size - DD rather than the B=Cup I am now

Do you think pellets helped to set you up towards getting what I really envy you now is a fabulous figure.

By the way I would love to see some pictures of you in a short figure hugging dress. Back front and side profiles!
By the way what are your overall measurements now?
Judith Lynn
:-*
Hugs

•  

CrysC

Jenny girl, you look good!
Those are awesome results.
  •  

Jennygirl

Thanks Stephanie and CrysC! :)

Nema- No limit except for fat availability, but I think the more times you have lipo to one area the harder it is for the surgeon (due to scar tissue) and the higher likelihood of complications like skin unevenness or loose skin. It's basically revision lipo, so you'd want to choose that surgeon wisely. Usually revision procedures are more complicated from what I understand...

I found it mentioned online a few times that the second time an area is augmented via fat transfer, the fat survival tends to be higher. Seems to be due to more tissue being there from the previous transfer and therefore more blood supply- meaning less absorption. Seems like a feeling, though (rather than proven science).

Roni- Thanks! Technically yes you could do it over and over, but the body would start putting the fat in weird places like face, arms, neck, legs- anything that hasn't been lipo'd. You'd probably end up looking a little disproportionate- I wouldn't recommend it over and over and over. I spaced round 1 and 2 by 8 months and don't plan on doing it again.

As far as fat loss/reabsorption, it does happen regardless. It's just a matter of how much.. depending on the surgeon's technique and how rigorous you are about not sitting on your butt during recovery.

Judith- No I haven't had a BA and don't want it. I hardly ever think about my boobs. I got a decent B from hormones and I am happy with that :) I think the hormones did help with subtle fat redistribution- especially the soft stuff right underneath the skin. My thighs now are completely different, for example, and I have the start of "saddlebags" on my outer thighs. That is all from hormones- Dr. Hughes refused to inject anything there.

I'll post update pics sometime soon with a different dress :)

My current measurements are 37/28/41

When I began transition:
43" around shoulders
15" neck
35" bust
34" under bust
10.5" arm un-flexed
29" waist
34" hip
21" thigh
5' 9"
130lbs

3 years later (currently)
41" around shoulders (-2")
13.5" neck (-1.5")
37" bust (+2")
34" under bust (no change)
12" arm unflexed (+1.5")
28" waist (-1")
41" hip (+7")
23" thigh (+2")
5' 8" (-1")
158lbs (+28lbs)
  •  

judithlynn

Hi Jenny;
Do you have any pictures of yourself in a swimsuit/bikini both before and post the bbl as I notice that you love swimming.
This is part of the reason I am looking seriously at BBL , because whilst I love swimming my buttocks and hips are just too flat and a dead giveaway, although I do have quite well developed B Cup breasts now.
Judith
:-*
Hugs

•  

emma-f

Jenny. I posted on here yesterday but it looks like its gone as part of the whole website down thing. I just wanted to say thank you so much for this thread. My hips, to me, are the biggest issue, as I look ok with padding on, but it does limit the clothing choices. I'd looked at this and was a little bit pessimistic (I remember fat transfer being mentioned 15 years or so ago as one of these "things for the future" and all the surgeons spoke of the body just absorbing it all) so you're story has really given me renewed hope. Thanks again. Em
  •  

Jennygirl

Quote from: judithlynn on November 04, 2015, 05:59:02 PM
Hi Jenny;
Do you have any pictures of yourself in a swimsuit/bikini both before and post the bbl as I notice that you love swimming.
This is part of the reason I am looking seriously at BBL , because whilst I love swimming my buttocks and hips are just too flat and a dead giveaway, although I do have quite well developed B Cup breasts now.
Judith

I have some from several months after round 1, but I think it's still too early to tell what is permanent for me following round 2.

When the time comes (in a month or so), I'll do a comparison pic. Unfortunately I don't have any from pre round 1.

Quote from: emma-f on November 07, 2015, 06:19:49 AM
Jenny. I posted on here yesterday but it looks like its gone as part of the whole website down thing. I just wanted to say thank you so much for this thread. My hips, to me, are the biggest issue, as I look ok with padding on, but it does limit the clothing choices. I'd looked at this and was a little bit pessimistic (I remember fat transfer being mentioned 15 years or so ago as one of these "things for the future" and all the surgeons spoke of the body just absorbing it all) so you're story has really given me renewed hope. Thanks again. Em

I remember when it was mentioned, too, as a future popular surgery. I was researching hip augmentation / body feminization at that time, too- years before I fully realized I was trans. So, I get you on the hips thing! It's very important to me, too.

Glad I could help to restore some hope :)

I am now 5 weeks post op, and things are still looking good despite losing a bit of weight. I am no longer wearing the compression garment (only occasionally) and the waist is still holding tight at 28... bum is a smidge over 40". Waist/hip ratio 0.7 :D :D
  •  

Harley Quinn

Holy Hips Batman! I'd say 200% success. You look amazing Jenny!
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Jennygirl

Thanks Harley Quinn!

So nice to be out of the compression garment. I am convinced that my mood suffers a lot wearing that thing. Like, the thing makes me cranky or something. I feel way better now!
  •  

Harley Quinn

Looking forward to hearing how everything settles. From the looks of it, it's going to be simply amazing!
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •