Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Fat transfer to hips n bum

Started by Jennygirl, December 23, 2014, 02:01:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

audreelyn

OMG! Jenny...

Absolutely amazing. You're my heroine :)
So, you haven't done BA, what other surgeries have you done, if I can ask?

And for the other girls, what type of padding do y'all use??

Audree
  •  

Harley Quinn

Quote from: audreelyn on November 11, 2015, 02:16:10 AM

And for the other girls, what type of padding do y'all use??

Audree
Sofa cushions/egg crate is common practice for drag... closed cell foam is also very easy to manipulate. It looks good, but is like a sweat magnet. It is also extremely noticeable if you brush against it. So it works well for performances, where you have a stage to separate you from public, but is less than prime on the street. If you think wigs are hot, you have yet to see miserable.

I am more of a 1 billion squats, and lunges. Followed by 3 billion crunches. Its not nearly as awesome as Jenny's figure, but you can forego the padding; which is a major annoyance/hassle. I'm definitely going to go Jenny's route when I am further along. She looks incredible!!
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

audreelyn

Sweet Harley costume, btw!

Yeah I'm more of an active person... But being active won't produce a derriere as nice. Sigh, only 2.5 billion squats to do! Haha. Well, I'd rather have a flared skirt do the work in the mean time.

What kind of work out regiment do you do? Right now I'm doing t25 with Shaun T. It's painful, but worth it.
  •  

Paige

Quote from: Harley Quinn on November 11, 2015, 08:21:51 AM
I am more of a 1 billion squats, and lunges. Followed by 3 billion crunches. Its not nearly as awesome as Jenny's figure, but you can forego the padding; which is a major annoyance/hassle. I'm definitely going to go Jenny's route when I am further along. She looks incredible!!

I always thought belly dancing would be a good way to help the hips.  Yoga can also help a bit with hip opening and strengthening.

Paige :)
  •  

Harley Quinn

Quote from: audreelyn on November 11, 2015, 08:45:04 AM
Sweet Harley costume, btw!

Yeah I'm more of an active person... But being active won't produce a derriere as nice. Sigh, only 2.5 billion squats to do! Haha. Well, I'd rather have a flared skirt do the work in the mean time.

What kind of work out regiment do you do? Right now I'm doing t25 with Shaun T. It's painful, but worth it.
Thank you on the Costume! I poured my heart into making it. And it made my tushy look amazing!

I like weight training.. heavy weights lifted as many times as possible. I can't do a lot of the super active run in place stuff. My joints won't appreciate any of it, and I'll be immobile for days to recover. 10 major motorcycle accidents, 14 years as a Paratrooper, and 6 tours has destroyed my joints. I take what I can get.

Probably shouldn't get too off topic though. Feel free to PM if you want to discuss anything.
At what point did my life go Looney Tunes? How did it happen? Who's to blame?... Batman, that's who. Batman! It's always been Batman! Ruining my life, spoiling my fun! >:-)
  •  

Harley Quinn

** Bump ** How is round two turning out?
  •  

Joi

Amazing results!  Congratz!  Something like this might be in my future, but (no pun intended) GCS 1st.

Hugz,

Joi

•  

NataliaDoll

Hi Jenny I wanted to congratulate you for going through with the procedure and let you know that you look gorgeous! Very curvaceous and feminine shape! I love the hips and you have booty :)

People are talking about the fat absorption I have heard not all of it lasts?

I think fat transfer is a great procedure and the results are mostly permanent, but I'm surprised no one has really brang up hip/butt implants. I guess each procedure choice depends on the person because everyone's body is different so both surgeries are good choices. When I get to the point I think I will more likely choose the butt and hip implants they are 100% permanent and someone I know got it done from Cardenas in Mexico and total cost for everything is 11k. I love the look of implants and they move and jiggle lol.
  •  

ErinS

The thing about implants vs. fat transfer is iirc you can't put implants in that little pocket on the outside of the hip/thigh area that most genetic males have. Another advantage of the transfer is the doc can actually sculpt the midsection and hips/thighs into a more feminine shape.

Both procedures have their place, and it's going to really depend on a case by case basis which is better.
  •  

Lagertha

Hip implants are really BAD idea. Not only it can be very noticeable, especially if you dont have really generous fat deposition (in which case you wouldnt exactly need implants). And it doesnt move naturally... so it can look convincing on the right angle photo, but not so much in real life.

Butt implants on it's own also doesnt improve the whole thing. It only improves projection, but doesnt do anything for the fullness on the sides.

If you have BMI less than 23, you are not ideal candidate for fat transfer, and you cant expect dramatic improvements. Simply said you need enough donor tissue. This is where butt implants actually come into place, for combination of both, butt implants and fat transfer. For someone with BMI around 21 or less, this is more or less the best solution (unless if they decide to improve their BMI). Implants would improve projection and fat transfer would be used to shape and fill everything out also on the sides.

Not everybody who offers either implants or fat transfer or both seperately is willing to do this combination, because it can be little more tricky... so one would need to go to someone who does this regularly.
  •  

NataliaDoll

I wouldn't have any fat to transfer so I would need to consider implants instead. They usually offer a round shape which fills out the sides as well. I heard they have a surgery for implants and then whatever fat you have they can transfer to hips this would probably be best for me. I have seen hip implants on girls they don't look most natural they kind of give it a dramatic look but it still looks good to me lol depends what you are going for. As far as safety I wouldn't really know about the hip implants.
  •  

Lagertha

You can always develop more fat. Its not so hard, trust me  :)

Butt implants placed under the muscle, will not fill the sides. If you have a lot of natural padding there, yes it can have some effect like that, as it pushes some also towards the sides. If you don't have much padding, that's not happening. The solution is to use whatever fat there is, and transfer it to the sides, and some on hips.
The size and shape of implant generally depends on the size of gluteus maximus.

As for hip implants... that has no chance of ever looking natural, because there is no muscle to place implant under, so it has to be placed above muscle. Result of that is visable shape of implant (unless if you have like 2+ inch fat layer over implant), which doesnt move naturally when you walk, exercise, etc, and can be noticeable even under tight clothing, like dresses, leggings, etc. So its not just a problem for swimsuit occasions, but everyday life. Until they find a much better solution (for him implants) than what is available now, stay faaaar away.

•  

kittenpower

Quote from: Lagertha on November 29, 2015, 01:03:44 PM
You can always develop more fat. Its not so hard, trust me  :)

Butt implants placed under the muscle, will not fill the sides. If you have a lot of natural padding there, yes it can have some effect like that, as it pushes some also towards the sides. If you don't have much padding, that's not happening. The solution is to use whatever fat there is, and transfer it to the sides, and some on hips.
The size and shape of implant generally depends on the size of gluteus maximus.

As for hip implants... that has no chance of ever looking natural, because there is no muscle to place implant under, so it has to be placed above muscle. Result of that is visable shape of implant (unless if you have like 2+ inch fat layer over implant), which doesnt move naturally when you walk, exercise, etc, and can be noticeable even under tight clothing, like dresses, leggings, etc. So its not just a problem for swimsuit occasions, but everyday life. Until they find a much better solution (for him implants) than what is available now, stay faaaar away.
From what I've read, butt implants have a high complication rate (e.g., surgical wounds opening [dehiscence], and infection [if this happens the implants have to be removed] )especially with larger implants; they are extremely painful, you can't sit down naturally for a couple of months, and it's difficult and painful to walk for many weeks. I don' know anyone with hip implants, and there's barely any information about them on the Internet, so I personally wouldn't get them since they seem to be in the experimental stage right now. The only two surgeons I know of who do hip implants right now are Dr. Chugay, and Dr. Cardenas.
  •  

NataliaDoll

I wasn't sure where the hip implant was placed if it goes right under skin that's kind of strange I thought there was some kind of pocket.

I have never heard about complications with butt implants I have only heard complications with the illegal injections which is not good.

As far as recovery I know it's a process but it's worth it
  •  

Lagertha

It's not placed under skin, but rather under fat layer.

It's true what kittenpower said, complications with butt implants are quite high. Infections can happen to anybody, regardless of who the surgeon was. But less than ideal placement, or poorly chosen implants (wrong size and shape) can cause it to move, which can reportedly really hurt, and needs to be taken out. Another complication can be with fat transfer injections. If surgeon doesnt know exactly what they are doing, and how to perform fat injections on a patient with under muscle implants, they can cause severe infection. So it necessary to have this done by a surgeon who specializes in that, and is experienced in performing combination of both techniques (implants and transfer). Many surgeons offer both, but they are not experienced in doing combination. Make shure you go to the right surgeon for that. And I would strongly suggest against looking for cheap options.. Those who are experts in this and do the combination approach regularly and safely, also have their price set accordingly. When you take into account that it will be most likely needed to repeat fat transfer to hips (and smooth some things here and there), because of some reabsorption, you are looking at SRS or FFS type of money.
  •  

kitten_lover

Quote from: Roni on October 22, 2015, 05:18:19 AM
Jenny, might I say that you look absolutely incredible! Add me to the list of girls who have silently been watching this thread over the months, and who you have given hope to!

While I was scrolling through the thread, your pictures caught my boyfriend's eye. He doesn't usually comment about other women, but upon seeing your pictures he said "that girl looks REALLY good." I did get a tad bit jealous haha.

Currently, I wear padded bodywear to achieve a feminine figure. I am looking to get fat redistribution some time in the next 18 months, after breast augmentation. I know Dr Cardenas was mentioned once or twice on this thread, and that he is one of only a few surgeons in the world who provides this surgery for trans women. Has anybody heard good things about his fat redistribution procedure? When I was in Guadalajara for my hair transplant there were a couple of girls there who were getting the same procedure done. I just think Cardenas fits my price range a lot better.

Hey Roni & All

I am currently considering having FFS and a fat transfer to the hips. As I don't really want to have to go into the operating room too many times, for one it's an added expense everytime, so combining procedures, if you believe your body can take it, I think is a good idea. Actually that is one of the questions I wanted to ask... Is that a problem? I've heard of people having SRS and breast augmentation's before, so why not FFS and a fat transfer. I would love to know more information about that.

Like Jenny, the main reason I'm opting for this procedure is for a more hourglass figure. Like you, Roni, I also wear padded undies (like everyday....not the same ones everyday though, I have many pairs) - but now Im with a boyfriend, it can get awkward as I'd rather he not ask me why my undies are padded. Up until now ... he's not really noticed. My butt isnt actually too bad, it protrudes a bit, but could be more fatty. The main reason I want this procedure done is for bigger hips - to feel more comfortable in myself and for it to be natural. Up until I'd read this post I was going to opt for hip implants - I hadn't really researched the complications that were mentioned on this thread, and then when I saw Jenny's incredible results - I was like WOW

So...bringing me to what I was originally going to say...Dr Chettawut in Thailand can also do this :) Dr Cardenas does as well I know and I've no idea about how good the results are, nor am I for Dr Chettawut for that matter, however, I am really keen on Dr Chettawut's jawline and chin contouring - he's very aggressive to help his patients achieve that V - Line and has plenty of before and after pics on his wesbite - which tell me he's consistent with his work. I haven't seen too many consistent photo's on Dr Cardenas's site, which is why I'm more reluctant to go to Mexico. Oh and Dr Chettawut isn't too expensive either, not as competitive as Dr Cardenas but not too far off either.

Actually any advice on this would be really good. Is anyone here aware of other surgeons who can combine FFS with fat transfer to the hips?

Look forward to hearing from y'all

Jenna
"The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice...it is conformity."                  ~ Rollo May, Man's Search for Himself.
  •  

kitten_lover

Quote from: Jennygirl on October 26, 2015, 01:09:33 AM
Thank you so much Roni and Sanadora!! If there was one thing I had always wanted out of transition, it was to feel balanced from shoulder to hip. I feel like I've done as much as I can at this point without doing 5 million lunges every day ;) I'm glad that you see what I see, and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted!

Roni- the fat redistribution offered by Cardenas is exactly what I had done. It's basically a fat transfer. First, they lipo areas with localized fat deposits (the best area being the abdomen and lovehandles). Then, they reinject the usable fat into areas like hips and butt. You can really use it anywhere though, it's kind of like having a permanent filler made of your own cells.

I used to wear that padded bodywear stuff, it does help a lot. But it always felt kinda icky- knowing when I take my clothes off, the curves disappear. I was pretty used to dealing with this, because I'd been padding my butt since I was probably 13 :P I have to say that now, for some reason the new distribution is even more apparent when clothes are off. The pictures truly do not do it justice. I am so incredibly happy with what I see in the mirror with no clothes on.

Now it's been two days over 3 weeks since I went through with round 2 to the hips. My thighs are a lot less swollen, and I am starting to notice the difference post inner-thigh lipo. My waist has also lost a lot of swelling, and I am back to a 28 inch waist. Hip measurement is 41", which is a kind of ridiculous .68 waist/hip ratio. Still, I think most of it is in my butt, but the curvature from waist to hip is noticeable from any angle. I catch people looking at my hips from the front now, which I take as a compliment ;)

I've also lost a bit of weight since the procedure. I went in at 165, and now I am about 158. I stopped eating so much (for a long time there I was kind of "fat farming" by eating a ton so I could gain weight to be transferred). Returning back to my normal diet, my body is quickly getting rid of excess. My goal is to get back to 140s (when I first started gaining weight for round one, I started at 135). I don't want to lose too much weight, because I know I will also lose some of the volume from the fat transfer. What I am more concerned with is how my arms, upper body muscles, neck, and face all got a little larger from the gain. It feels a bit unnatural to me to be bigger up top, so losing some weight is my next main goal (crossing fingers that my hips n bum don't shrink too much!). I'm not really trying to lose weight though, I plan on letting my body settle wherever it wants to. I am in my 30s now, and I know my metabolism probably isn't what it used to be before I gained 25-30lbs. We will see :)

Thanks again for all the nice comments!

Hi Jenny

Really glad this procedure went well for you second time around. I noticed though after your first round you'd mentioned your hips measurements were around 42" ? So have they gone down now to 41" ?
"The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice...it is conformity."                  ~ Rollo May, Man's Search for Himself.
  •  

kitten_lover

Quote from: Jennygirl on October 26, 2015, 01:29:45 AM
Some week 3.5 update pics.

This is probably the most curve-revealing dresses I own, so keep that in mind.

Also still only 3 weeks, things aren't fully settled until 6 weeks.

Hey Jenny do you have any pics you could upload with your arms straight down - It's just I've noticed in ALMOST all the pics posted your arms are up or back, making it a little difficult to see the hip/shoulder ratio. I'm only saying it because I think it might be helpful for others, including myself, when deciding if this is the best way forward.

Sorry I don't mean to be a pest by posting this....

•  

kitten_lover

Quote from: Roni on October 26, 2015, 05:53:55 PM
JENNNYYY you look SO good! I can't stop looking at this thread lol. It kind of sucks that the re-absorption rate is that high. I would hate to pay $6k (Cardenas' price for the procedure), only to go through the healing process to find out I still have to rely on padded bodywear. Money doesn't come easy for me either, so if I experience any fat loss, I will probably have to wait another year of saving for any further grafts to the areas.

I'm curious as well. Can you technically keep gaining weight over and over to produce more fat grafts?

I am completely with you on that, that's my main concern too.
  •  

kitten_lover

Quote from: Jennygirl on November 07, 2015, 10:55:14 PM
Waist/hip ratio 0.7 :D :D

I just happened to look this up and thought I should share...First hit on google

It is thought that a small waist-to-hip ratio is equated in the mind with good health and high fertility. Dr Dixson said: 'It is likely that perfect 0.7 ratio sends a biological signal to men that that woman is most fertile and most likely to produce a healthy offspring, no matter what size that woman is.25 Aug 2010

Well done Jenny
  •