Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

I would like some honest opinon please.

Started by ForeverGiselle, December 23, 2014, 09:02:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForeverGiselle

Hi everyone.  I had my SRS surgery scheduled with Dr. Bowers in November of 2015 which was fine.  However, I was contacted by Dr. Bowers office that they can move my date to February of 2015.  I need your opinion as far as what you would do if you were in my situation.

The pro of keeping my November date is that I would have more time to save money for. My insurance is paying most of the cost so I would be paying the travel cost. It would be toward the end of the year so if I end up using all my PTO, at least I will have some more in January 2016.  I also declared bankruptcy earlier this month due to some financial issues and debtors trying to take everything so I think overall, this will give me more time to recover from that.

That being said, my heart just want that February date! I know that financially, I can make it work by getting a part time job on the side and just saving a bulk of my checks amount toward the trip and being less of a shopholic.  This is something I been wanting to take care of since forever and I really want to get it out of the way.

What would you do if you were in my situation? 

•  

KittyKat

If I had just declared bankruptcy even though it would drive me crazy to let the earlier chance slip away, I would wait for my original date. During that time you can save up properly for SRS and build a nest egg in case of an emergency or an complications.
  •  

stephaniec

I think the more important issue is that either way you can do it
  •  

ForeverGiselle

awesome.  Thanks for the feedback ladies.  I think I will make a decision by tomorrow. :)
  •  

BrenB

Well, knowing myself I don't think I could resist the earlier date, as long as I could handle it financially.
Brenna
  •  

mrs izzy

I had my original date bump a month earlier.

I took it without hesitation.

I had no travel or $ worries so was not a issue.

Just do not forget you have to enjoy some time before and get stocked for the return and that takes extra spending.

Wish you the best.
Mrs. Izzy
Trans lifeline US 877-565-8860 CAD 877-330-6366 http://www.translifeline.org/
"Those who matter will never judge, this is my given path to walk in life and you have no right to judge"

I used to be grounded but now I can fly.
  •