Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Which of your family members are transgender?

Started by mythy, October 01, 2014, 11:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of your family members are transgender?

parent
0 (0%)
sibling
2 (2.5%)
aunt/uncle
0 (0%)
niece/nephew
5 (6.2%)
grandparent
0 (0%)
cousin
6 (7.4%)
grandchildren
0 (0%)
children
3 (3.7%)
no other people in my family are transgender, I am the only one
62 (76.5%)
more than one person in my family is transgender (please describe below)
3 (3.7%)
other family member not listed (please describe below)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 70

WarGrowlmon1990

I'm the only one as far as I know. I'm keeping in mind that my kids may end up being trans like me, or even non-binary. I do the best I can to treat them in a gender neutral way, but all their relatives constantly direct male stereotypes towards my babies. I think my step-daughter is probably cis however cause she seems very proud to be a girl.
  •  

BeverlyAnn

On my side of the family, I'm the only transgender person (that I know of) since I have first cousins who are long lost.  Our great nephew on Miss Dee's side is FtM and started HRT couple of months ago age 15.  Her side of the family is pretty rainbow anyway with a bi niece along with several lesbian and gay cousins.  LOL
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde

•  

KathyLauren

I am the only one in my family who is trans.  I have a brother who is gay, and another who is quite anti-, but perhaps he doth protest too much.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

KarlMars

Quote from: King Malachite on October 02, 2014, 03:29:41 AM
Sadly, I am the only one.  :/

It would be nice to have another one so you wouldn't feel alone.

Lady Sarah

My family is well connected with each other. If anyone else was trans, I'd have heard about it.
started HRT: July 13, 1991
orchi: December 23, 1994
trach shave: November, 1998
married: August 16, 2015
Back surgery: October 20, 2016
  •  

KarlMars

Everyone else in my family was straight and cis as far as I know.

WolfNightV4X1

Only one. My family  is religious too so that tends to quell all queer uprisings.

Im curious has anyone else asked the significance of this, does that mean trans people could be a genetic anomaly rather than a passable trait(s), or is society still not 'out' enough for it to be more widespread as a concept to be open about?

•  

Deborah

I'm pretty sure I am the only one although I do have one gay cousin.

I don't think it's a genetic anomaly or a trait.  Rather, I think it a natural result of the prenatal epigenetic interplay of hormones on the fetus' genes.  So, at least to a large extent, we would expect it to occur randomly.

Society's pressure to hide it is probably a big contributor too.
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

JayceeTG

I am the only one in the family and I am not out to everyone about it so there could be others that are struggling as well but I have no clue about it
  •  

Raell

Do in-laws and ex-husbands count as relatives?

I'm 64 years old, partially transmale and very androgynous. Most of my family are mixed gender, but unaware of it, and seemingly content with their assigned gender labels.

I didn't realize I was partial trans/non-binary until four years ago, and knew I'd been suppressing a male personality since puberty.
Before that, I didn't think of it at all. I just assumed I was male, even though I "knew" I was a girl.
Strangely, everyone else, including my parents, also accepted me as male, even though it was never expressed, and gender issues weren't even on the map.

Once I understood and explained it to my grown daughter she said she was the same as I am, except with little dysphoria or conflict. accepting her male side as a matter of course.

My ex-husband recently emailed me out of the blue, saying he is considering transitioning to non-binary female, wants to start taking hormones and live as a woman, and also come live with me in Thailand, but I don't know if he's just pulling some con job or not.

He was incredibly treacherous when I was with him, so this could be some plot to dump his current wife.
I told him not to contact me unless he's divorced, and has seen a gender counselor.

He has a brother who is very femme, showing signs of the familiar anger and frustration issues I used to have, as well as my ex, as we tried to cope with our gender roles, but his family are wealthy, religious Republicans, so not much chance he will come out, if so.

His OTHER brother found out a few years ago his wife is actually a transwoman, and he was angry for being "tricked" and divorced her.

I suppose mixed gender people are often attracted to people who are similar.
  •