Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Passing or Being Nice?

Started by Dimples, May 11, 2015, 04:44:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimples

I hope this isn't against the rules, but I saw a topic around here earlier about whether or not someone was genuinely passing or if people were just being polite. Since the topic is over 30 days old I didn't want to be annoying and bump it, but I can say I have this fear too.

http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=e912723

http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=408f319
The second picture is a spaghetti strap dress, so it's appropriate I swear!

My biggest issue, however, is my profile. I feel like even if I can pass from the front, the second i turn my head I will be clocked. This is mainly because I have a hooked nose and a wide/fatty chin and neck

Edit: For some reason the links are showing up instead of pictures.
  •  

Ms Grace

Your image storage service probably doesn't allow you to link directly to the image file.

Anyway, you look great to me and I'm not just sayin that to be nice. Passing is a lot more than how you look but you appear to have that covered pretty well.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

katrinaw

Yes, appropriate and looking good  :-*

L Katy
Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •  

Dimples

Quote from: Ms Grace on May 11, 2015, 04:58:17 AM
Your image storage service probably doesn't allow you to link directly to the image file.

Anyway, you look great to me and I'm not just sayin that to be nice. Passing is a lot more than how you look but you appear to have that covered pretty well.
Ohh okay! I was worried it might have been against the rules or something and that's why it did that.
Anyways thanks, I really appreciate that. I am just worried it's just a fluke picture (also my hair looks awful in both) and that from a different angle I just look awful. I was once told by another transgender woman that I kind of pass from the front but my profile view gives me away. I'm super self conscious over it now. Are there any tips outside of raw looks to help me pass better?

Quote from: katrinaw on May 11, 2015, 05:00:26 AM
Yes, appropriate and looking good  :-*

L Katy
Thanks I appreciate it, I just wish I could get FFS to fix the problem areas.
  •  

katrinaw

Me too
Forehead mainly...

Also need a bit of a facelift to... but its an age thing  ;)

L Katy
Long term MTF in transition... HRT since ~ 2003...
Journey recommenced Sept 2015  :eusa_clap:... planning FT 2016  :eusa_pray:

Randomly changing 'Katy PIC's'

Live life, embrace life and love life xxx
  •  

Mariah

You look good in the pictures. I like the first one the best of the two, but still good in both. Hugs
Mariah
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
[email]mariah@susans.org[/email]
I am also spouse of a transgender person.
Retired News Administrator
Retired (S) Global Moderator
  •  

PhoenixGurl2016

•  

Jacqueline

Dimples,

You look great! I am trying to be more nice in my life but that is an honest opinion.

Congrats,

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

mfox

You are passing amazingly, especially in the chest department.  :D   Your 2 years of HRT have been really kind.  Are you all finished having your facial hair removed, or are you just really great with makeup now?   Your hair looks fab too.

The only feature that made my trans-radar beep are eyebrows.  A lot of girls have thicker brows, but I would wonder what you would look like if you shaped (plucked) them, have you tried it?

•  

Dimples

Quote from: mfox on May 12, 2015, 03:21:47 PM
You are passing amazingly, especially in the chest department.  :D   Your 2 years of HRT have been really kind.  Are you all finished having your facial hair removed, or are you just really great with makeup now?   Your hair looks fab too.

The only feature that made my trans-radar beep are eyebrows.  A lot of girls have thicker brows, but I would wonder what you would look like if you shaped (plucked) them, have you tried it?

Thanks I appreciate it. Sadly, I just don't see it. Whenever I turn my head or catch a view of myself from a particular angle I feel like I am obvious and everyone can tell. As fr eyebrows, thanks! I often have trouble with that side of things! Believe it or not my eyebrows were worse before. Here is me all made up and everything, and my prominent feature is the thick eyebrows, blick! lol http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=f1d67ef

But seriously, I feel like my face isn't nearly feminine enough, especially with my figure. Aww haha, you're making me blush, sadly I feel as though my chest is sorely dwarfed by my broad shoulders and wide frame. I feel like I'm too tall and wide, and little things like that just add up to clock me. I was called "it" in public a while ago and everyone laughed too, so I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I really wish I could afford FFS!

Also, my hair ended up getting cut since then, it was quite a traumatic experience that I didn't have a say in. I won't go into details but now I have to deal with short short hair. I am actually freaking out because now I feel like I REALLY REALLY look like a boy now. PM me if anyone wants to see the outcome of that. I don't necessarily want to make those public just yet considering how awful I look in them, but I would like everyone's opinion on it.
Quote from: AmandaMarie on May 11, 2015, 11:18:46 AM
I think you look wonderful :)

Thanks I really appreciate that, still, I have SO much i have to work on.
Quote from: Joanna50 on May 11, 2015, 11:25:00 AM
Dimples,

You look great! I am trying to be more nice in my life but that is an honest opinion.

Congrats,

Joanna
Thanks Joanna, I appreciate the honesty. I'm just having a hard time seeing it for myself, you know? I'm hoping it's just me being too hard on myself. It would be really nice to not feel like I need to get major reconstructive surgery for my face lol.
Quote from: Mariah2014 on May 11, 2015, 09:00:40 AM
You look good in the pictures. I like the first one the best of the two, but still good in both. Hugs
Mariah
Thanks, I think the second is sadly more accurate. My chin is wider there and I think the first might be a fluke or a trick of the angle or something - at least that's what I'm afraid of!
Quote from: katrinaw on May 11, 2015, 07:05:58 AM
Me too
Forehead mainly...

Also need a bit of a facelift to... but its an age thing  ;)

L Katy
Awww! You look lovely though!
  •